Wednesday, September 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Has this place lost too many people?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:45 am

Amoebas wrote:I've had Nac on ignore for ages and I love it and as previously posted I just haven't gotten around to doing that to Herald.

You know you like my posts too much to do that. Just admit it to yourself, if no one else. 8)

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 am

False Prophet wrote:
Naw, there's a trope for that.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That was a TROPE!! :o

BAN HIM!!!
BURN the WITCH!! :smt013

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 am

:lol:

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:57 am

LobsterJ wrote:I actually click on the tropes links when I see them and usually end up reading a bunch of the linked ones. Call me crazy.

:smt023

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:57 am

GHERU wrote:I'm dismissing the idea because "discussing" "banning" "doing something about" posters based on the fact that they are annoying, as much as I have dreamed of that power, is something that would not end well for us.
Fine, first its herald and nac, and draco - after them who is the most annoying poster, won't tehy automatically be the most annoying at that point?

How many threads of what length with 5 posters repeating themselves before are "discussing" "banning" "doing something about" Schlemer (whose NSFW threads have caused more actual mawding actions than herald, nac, and drao combined [~2])

if you, or anyone else wants that level of active modding, there are plenty of places that will do that - CBR, Bryne's boards, and that MLP forum I po... - but the mawds here, at least since I started posting, have always said that they/we are passive mawds. If people want action find us an actual reason besides "there are so many ways I can ignore these people but I'm too cool for school to report or ignore" or whatever veration this thread is about.

The TOS is something that not only users have to adhere to inorder to remain posters, but the mawds and admins have to abide by them as well or we lose whatever semblance of respect the borad pretends to have.

Punchy used to spoil books in his thread titles, this pissed me off, I reported one. The title was changed at the request (or action I do not remember) of a mawd and for all of Punchy's bluster (as far as I know) he never outright spoiled a book again.

You want something to happen, give us an actual reason besides your neighbor's tree branch fell on your side of the fence.

Or, you know, we could keep talking about them as if they are not here and get a bunch of people together to vote them off the island.
in other words, you know this is bullying, right?

I didn't get any reports for posting scans of stuff? I'm still flying under the radar GOOD! GOOD!!

BubbaKanoosh wrote:If we ban tropes, we then have to ban all posts on Batgirl because I find those just as useless.

Sorry Zechs, but it's true. Your crusade for Cass was just tropes level of annoyance to me.

Floodgates, people. Don't open them.

What? I've only made like two threads on the subject in the past two months. The only reason I did was just to try something that I never did before. That's pretty much it, other than the occasional post in one single thread that I keep posting in much like any appreciation thread. There really isn't any other thread. Unless...

Have I been sleep posting again?

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:01 am

I try not to click any trope link because if I do. I'll be reading them for more than an hour.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:04 am

BlueMole wrote:
At least Batgirl brings in the hits. From depraved weirdos, sure. But hits are hits.

Anyways, I think that Jude just needs to turn on SuperIgnore for the few people who are convinced that another poster is ruining the site. They'll never see that poster again. Problem solved.

Depraved weirdos, there's no such thing. That's just normal fan madness with slight issues. Now bronies. BRONIES are just depraved weirdos.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:19 am

8 pages!?

Look what you did Frag it, without even trying you create drama :lol:

I haven't read the whole thing just scanned are people screaming for them to stop Herald from posting tropes again?

Why?

No one is forcing you to click on them, who cares?

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 am

Rockman wrote:8 pages!?

I haven't read the whole thing just scanned are people screaming for them to stop Herald from posting tropes again?

Why?

Yes on all accounts, Rockman.

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 am

Why?

I am a must-read poster around here. :-D

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 am

I also think Dairy found the proof he needed about people posting too many times in a row. :lol:

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:34 am

I see 7 blocked posts in a row, so it must be Herald. I'm curious what he has to say, but not curious enough to read them. He's the only one I've ever felt compelled to put on ignore.

Nac can be an eye-roll inducing poster at times, but he seems to be good people. Draco gets a little heated, but he doesn't bother me. Herald's in a class by himself, and I already followed the general advice given to ignore him long ago.

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Log-Man wrote:I see 7 blocked posts in a row, so it must be Herald. I'm curious what he has to say, but not curious enough to read them. He's the only one I've ever felt compelled to put on ignore.

If I'm the only person you have on Ignore, seeing even ONE blocked post means it must be me. :roll:

Herald's in a class by himself

Of course I am. 8)

and I already followed the general advice given to ignore him long ago.

Again, the others simply MUST see what ol' Herald's saying. :wink:

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Why?

Indeed.

Worse, they don't realize that that is precisely the kind of attitude that scares people away from joining the boards. "If you don't post what I want to see, exactly the way I want to see it, then I will ask for you to be banned IMMEDIATELY!! :smt013"

Zechs wrote:I try not to click any trope link because if I do. I'll be reading them for more than an hour.

You know you wanna click! :wink:

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:29 pm

I have to agree
anyone who wastes their time and energy reading something they know they would hate for the sole purpose of bitching about it later needs to let it go.

leave a comment with facebook