Friday, December 9, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Has this place lost too many people?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:41 pm

MistaT wrote:
Crazy.

Dammit, I should have known somebody would have beaten me to this. :smt011

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:46 pm

The big problem with tropes is also the lack of explanation.

He'll usually just post the link with some message like "if only you could understand" and the only way you can understand is by clicking the link, which nobody cares to do.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:46 pm

There you go misac. I just took it back. :smt076

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:48 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:The big problem with tropes is also the lack of explanation.

He'll usually just post the link with some message like "if only you could understand" and the only way you can understand is by clicking the link, which nobody cares to do.

yeah, I usually can make out what he is trying to say, but I never click through. They are annoying, but I ignore them.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Holy crap, that's brilliant. I think we should make TVtropes.org links only link to DC Comics SOMETIMES... that way there would still be an incentive for Herald to post them, but every time one randomly linked to DC Comics instead, he would be helping his enemies. It would tear him apart!

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:50 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:The big problem with tropes is also the lack of explanation.

Thus demonstrating that the REAL problem is that you don't really want to understand, since all you have to do to accomplish that is click the link. 8)

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Herald wrote:
Thus demonstrating that the REAL problem is that you don't really want to understand, since all you have to do to accomplish that is click the link. 8)

Ok, enough with the taunting. :roll:

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:05 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Ok, enough with the taunting. :roll:

The truth hurts. :smt102

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:47 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Holy crap, that's brilliant. I think we should make TVtropes.org links only link to DC Comics SOMETIMES... that way there would still be an incentive for Herald to post them, but every time one randomly linked to DC Comics instead, he would be helping his enemies. It would tear him apart!

You could link to Dan Didio's Facebook page. :smt102

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 pm

GLX wrote:
You could link to Dan Didio's Facebook page. :smt102

Oh crap, that would drive Herald over the edge. :lol:

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Oh crap, that would drive Herald over the edge. :lol: