Advertisement

Has this place lost too many people?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Has this place lost too many people?

Postby Frag » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:29 pm

There is some good comic talk and definitely less drama, but most threads die before they reach a page now. I'm not saying that all the arguing was good, but there isn't much discussion.

Thoughts?
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 194 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Re: Has this place lost too many people?

Postby Keb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Maybe we don't have the numbers but we have way cooler posters than before. I really enjoy posting with a lot of these people.

Sakie, covalesky, gwac, holtom, etc. are all great posters who have been more involved in recent months. Comic talk has been the best the board has had for as long as I can remember. I actually enjoy talking comics again.

Don't miss the First Frag Dynasty days at all. :P

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:38 pm

I don't think there's any one reason for it, though. There's a panoply of reasons depending on the person in question, many we'll never know why, and also the staff has moved a lot of their focus to skype to coordinate and brainstorm on articles, I think.

Everything changes.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 280 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:43 pm

It's quieter than it used to be, but I'd disagree about the threads. For me they don't have to go page after page to be interesting. Even a short thread with some really good points that stays more or less on topic is better for me than a thread that goes on and on without anything really interesting being said. I'm not saying that thread derailments are inherently bad, they can be fun at times. Having said that, when things were at their worst here there were way too many examples of the page after page variety of thread and I find that right now, there are more examples of the short, but good points type of thread.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 63 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Solution: They need to fix the board so we can have a higher amount of threads shown per page. 100 max, pfft.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 194 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:Solution: They need to fix the board so we can have a higher amount of threads shown per page. 100 max, pfft.

I think you can set that in the UCP.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Stephen Day is wrong as usual, some of our most fun threads went on for twisted miles, like the comicseller248 thread for example.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 587 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Keb wrote:Maybe we don't have the numbers but we have way cooler posters than before. I really enjoy posting with a lot of these people.

Sakie, covalesky, gwac, holtom, etc. are all great posters who have been more involved in recent months. Comic talk has been the best the board has had for as long as I can remember. I actually enjoy talking comics again.

Don't miss the First Frag Dynasty days at all. :P

Awwww...thanks man! :oops:

I know that I have been enjoying a lot of the conversations that I have been having here lately, although I will confess that there are times when I will notice the absence of certain posters now and then.
ImageImageImage

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 280 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Stephen Day is wrong as usual, some of our most fun threads went on for twisted miles, like the comicseller248 thread for example.

Hey I loved that thread too and did I not say that I didn't think that thread derailment were inherently bad? :?

I'm not talking about a thread like that, there were lots of interesting things posted there. I was thinking more about that endless arguments and battles with the Mawds that grew to a point where there were some huge threads that were more train wrecks that you couldn't look away from than they were fun.

Thank you Troy for the sig

3MJ

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby 3MJ » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:33 pm

See I enjoy the board now but this thread is a perfect example of "lutz" still being around.

Stephen Day just needlessly trolling Victorian Squid and refusing to admit he was wrong. We got rid of a few rotten eggs but there's always more we get chuck.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 393 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:33 pm

We haven't lost enough people yet

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 528 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:43 pm

I think it would be nice to set up some threads for series of comics instead of individual issues, since the schedule on which people pick stuff up is so diverse now, ranging from a week to a month to several months. I think it would also really be good if I could better integrate this shit with Facebook and Twitter. On the front page, once we installed Facebook comments, people immediately started commenting. Sometimes they comment on the threads here too (though you can't see it unless you use the OH skin). I think it would be great if people could reply to posts using their Facebook or Twitter accounts for authentication so they didn't have to register, because at any given time there are 5-10 times as many guests browsing the forum as there are registered users. If they could respond with one click, I believe many would.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 528 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:46 pm

Also, we are mean as fuck to anyone new. Especially people that show up to promote some shit. I mean, this is a comic book forum, it's perfectly reasonable to think this would be a good place to promote your self-published comic or whatever. But "we" take it very offensively, for some reason.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:52 pm

:lol:

Yeah that goes overboard quickly a lot of times, but most of the time they are just hitting up every site they can and running too.

3MJ

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby 3MJ » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Because Jude I fucking made this site what it is and I don't want somebody new coming along and benefitting from all the fucking hard work I've put into this place.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum