Friday, August 17, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Help Save the Outhouse

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:03 pm

What changed to cause a drop off in ad revenue? I imagine Jude took a lot of front page hits with him when he left. If Jude were still here and acting as a sort of good-natured liaison between the site staff and the forum posters, more people would probably consider contributing to a call for funds. Over the years the virtual walls between site staff and forum posters have grown thicker and thicker.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:06 pm

zryson wrote:
Will there be a couple of days notice? Nah - just like the Grim Reaper, it will appear when you least expect it and bam, down we all go. But seriously, yes there are plenty of other websites out there if you are looking for forums but its sort of like bondage - people are so tied down that it restricts their ability to express themselves freely. Some people are into that but I dont like to be ordered about.

Oh no you beg to be bound you shouldn't be ordered into it or you're probably just in a Japanese hidden cam show.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:07 pm

zryson wrote:
New 52 collars? Oh god. I can just picture the reaction that will cause at the supermarket.

we of the outhousers never allowed to sit again in mortal life

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Windom URL wrote:What changed to cause a drop off in ad revenue? I imagine Jude took a lot of front page hits with him when he left. If Jude were still here and acting as a sort of good-natured liaison between the site staff and the forum posters, more people would probably consider contributing to a call for funds. Over the years the virtual walls between site staff and forum posters have grown thicker and thicker.

NOT THICK ENOUGH FOR SOME AMIRITE

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:12 pm

If worse comes to worse and we have to move to another, "more restricted" site, just deal with it. As long you're not doing anything disrespectful or obviously trolling and/or performance posting you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Okay, so we might have to cut back on the frequent swearing, but so fucking what?

Oh .. shit.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:14 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:If worse comes to worse and we have to move to another, "more restricted" site, just deal with it. As long you're not doing anything disrespectful or obviously trolling and/or performance posting you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Okay, so we might have to cut back on the frequent swearing, but so fucking what?

Oh .. shit.

Outhousers never just deal with it. :deadpool

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Jack Charlemagne wrote:
Oh no you beg to be bound you shouldn't be ordered into it or you're probably just in a Japanese hidden cam show.

Space. The Final Frontier. When audiences tuned in earlier, our brave members boarded the USS Outhousers to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where nobody has gone before --

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:19 pm

this is just a gypsy curse. The rate for cost of living is raising faster than at any point in the last decade. What changed ten years ago? The earthquake in China where the demon was let loose. If we capture Nick Spencer and force him back into confinement under that Chinese hilltop again then the market rates will bottom out and the real players will land on their feet. When we opened up to Chinese investors we spread our legs for Chinese tea prices and we must stop having anything to do with the price of tea in China. Whole Foods probably has translated tea leaves now for the free trade waiters.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:31 pm

zryson wrote:
You have the leather nuns protecting you achilles. Never forget that..

This is true. And they have the power of spanking.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:33 pm

timmidura wrote:Can’t have a community if the site goes under.

Stop posting articles and I'll kick in some money.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38 pm

achilles wrote:
Sounds to me like the forums will be rebooted, losing everything already there, but with the option to start fresh....including the forums...would save initially at least on DB space. And allow the site to be more easily transferred to cheaper hosting.

Then again, maybe I'm just reading my hopes into that. :smt102

Nope. You got it,

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:23 pm

And folks will still be bitching about Dc when the site closes

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:And folks will still be bitching about Dc when the site closes

Probably be the last post on the site.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:53 am

Garofani Spruzzo wrote:What changed to cause a drop off in ad revenue? I imagine Jude took a lot of front page hits with him when he left. If Jude were still here and acting as a sort of good-natured liaison between the site staff and the forum posters, more people would probably consider contributing to a call for funds. Over the years the virtual walls between site staff and forum posters have grown thicker and thicker.

I really don't know. Jude probably took a good chunk out when he left but that was further back than when I noticed the last major drop.

Jude was a special kind of guy who could post crazy numbers of articles while working a full time job, do quick fixes when the site was messing up, and still interact on the forums like he was unemployed. That is a talent I don't think anyone else I've ever met has. Or wants! Jude did all that without getting paid beyond the tiny amount that we were able to pay contributors back then.

And I'm never gonna understand the divide thing, obviously because I'm probably on the other side of it. But anyone can write for the front page. Well, a few people CAN'T write for us but that's because they HAVE written for us and they've consistently gotten us in trouble. Everyone else COULD if they wanted to. It just takes the motivation to DO so. We could always use help. You don't even have to try to be funny or anything. Most of us aren't. :lol:

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 am

achilles wrote:Well, I'll be sad if this place folds

leave a comment with facebook