Monday, August 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Exclusive! Exclusive! Hggulghhlgghhlghhlghh!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Help Save the Outhouse

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:08 pm

Hey folks, it looks like your favorite website and mine might be needing a little bit of financial assistance. the site is running a bit dry to keep the servers running so won't you consider donating to the Patreon account?

Here's a message from our dear leader:

We could easily do listicles of the "Top Ten Hulks We'd Like To Make Whoopie With" like other sites, but we're not about that. If you like what we do, or hate what we do and want to keep hating us, consider pledging even a dollar a month to help us keep the lights on. Plus, it'd be cool to pay contributors. Thanks.https://www.patreon.com/theouthousers

Hopefully you enjoy our forums, chaotic as they may be. Help us Outhousers, you're our only hope…

https://www.patreon.com/theouthousers

Thanks.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:27 am

Wouldn't this have made a bigger impression, or any lasting impression at all, if Tim had posted this himself? This was already bumped off the first page. I didn't even see it until one of our forum posters had a link to it in another thread.

I also find it really questionable using the forum for this. When Tim first took over he outright stated that he didn't care about the forums, he didn't want responsibility for them because he doesn't care about them. Ever wonder why there's barely a Senior Staff presence here in the forums anymore or why no fixes or enhancements have been made? There you go.

We have basically become the kids in "Flowers In The Attic". Out of sight, out of mind, right? Eventually they'll just die off.

Unless you need to beg for money. Oh look, now we're good enough to warrant some attention.

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:41 am

IvCNuB4 wrote: Ever wonder why there's barely a Senior Staff presence here in the forums anymore or why no fixes or enhancements have been made? There you go.

Ever since I joined I notice a lowered quality of life maintenance here on the passing years. It's been especially been bad the last couple of years.

I would gladly help out on pateron. But you guys are asking us to invest on a ship that already has leaks that's been there of years.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:27 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Wouldn't this have made a bigger impression, or any lasting impression at all, if Tim had posted this himself? This was already bumped off the first page. I didn't even see it until one of our forum posters had a link to it in another thread.

I also find it really questionable using the forum for this. When Tim first took over he outright stated that he didn't care about the forums, he didn't want responsibility for them because he doesn't care about them. Ever wonder why there's barely a Senior Staff presence here in the forums anymore or why no fixes or enhancements have been made? There you go.

We have basically become the kids in "Flowers In The Attic". Out of sight, out of mind, right? Eventually they'll just die off.

Unless you need to beg for money. Oh look, now we're good enough to warrant some attention.

This post makes me sad. :-(

EDIT: After thinking on this for a spell, it occurred to me I almost never visit the front page of this site anymore. It just struck me the material there vacillates between being vacuous and adolescent. There is no wit to be found there anymore. The posters on the threads, which apparently have little to no attention paid to them, are far and away more interesting and better thinkers than the people actually running the main site.

Short answer: There's no way I'd pay money for the front site.

Scintillant-H

#1,984 on Deathstroke's Hit List

Postby Scintillant-H » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:25 am

If I had money, I'd pay :( I finally got back to this place, missed it terribly.

True that activity is at a low--kind of a big low, but that doesn't mean it cant pick up again. Just wait for another forum to upgrade its shit, piss off the masses and they'll migrate here to start Earth 2 RCT :lol:

But really, life is a roller coaster and eventually things will pick up, if the site lasts long enough. Though I recall a previous thread about donations it being bluntly stated that it'll get paid for regardless, so I doubt the site will die if we dont help. I still wish I could. Its so cool to get to come here and shit isnt policed out the ass. Some basic decency and you're in the green.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:58 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Wouldn't this have made a bigger impression, or any lasting impression at all, if Tim had posted this himself? This was already bumped off the first page. I didn't even see it until one of our forum posters had a link to it in another thread.

Not sure what you mean by senior staff, but Zechs is on the forums a lot.

I didn't consider this begging but everyone's got their opinion. The outhouse has been kind of a of a big dysfunctional family for me, and I would be bummed if it were to go. That being said, if no one cares about it, then I suppose it's bound to happen.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:33 pm

Who the fuck is Tim? Where are Jude and Christian? Does Rob not own this site anymore?

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Keb wrote:Who the fuck is Tim? Where are Jude and Christian? Does Rob not own this site anymore?

Jude works for Bleeding Cool 8)

http://www.comicsbeat.com/terror-comes-to-bleeding-cool/

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:57 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Not sure what you mean by senior staff, but Zechs is on the forums a lot.

I didn't consider this begging but everyone's got their opinion. The outhouse has been kind of a of a big dysfunctional family for me, and I would be bummed if it were to go. That being said, if no one cares about it, then I suppose it's bound to happen.

When Jude was here the Outhouse Senior Staff was defined by their roles not by how long they have been here. Anyone who is a Moderator or higher is considered Senior Staff. Even though Zechs, GLX, you and I have been here a long time we are all in the Editor or Writer roles. Gavin is an Editor and that same role was covertly granted to his alter "Tess" who went active the day after Gavin's "departure" a couple years ago.

I didn't mean to imply that you were begging. You're a good guy and I believe you posted this with good intentions for the site. If you weren't aware of Tim's stance towards the forums I can see why you didn't understand my statement above.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:01 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
When Jude was here the Outhouse Senior Staff was defined by their roles not by how long they have been here. Anyone who is a Moderator or higher is considered Senior Staff. Even though Zechs, GLX, you and I have been here a long time we are all in the Editor or Writer roles. Gavin is an Editor and that same role was covertly granted to his alter "Tess" the day after Gavin's "departure" a couple years ago.

~deeply reconsiders all the dirty pix sent to Tess~

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Scintillant-H wrote:If I had money, I'd pay :( I finally got back to this place, missed it terribly.

True that activity is at a low--kind of a big low, but that doesn't mean it cant pick up again. Just wait for another forum to upgrade its shit, piss off the masses and they'll migrate here to start Earth 2 RCT :lol:

But really, life is a roller coaster and eventually things will pick up, if the site lasts long enough. Though I recall a previous thread about donations it being bluntly stated that it'll get paid for regardless, so I doubt the site will die if we dont help. I still wish I could. Its so cool to get to come here and shit isnt policed out the ass. Some basic decency and you're in the green.

For the last couple of years the OH has been a good place for me to randomly pop in and air between changing bed-pans round the clock. I can't and won't pay anything but I try to help build up activity.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
Jude works for Bleeding Cool 8)

http://www.comicsbeat.com/terror-comes-to-bleeding-cool/

I love Heidi's article. :lol:

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:15 pm

I always knew he was a sellout...

j/k it's cool that he's getting paid over at BC.

RobThompson wrote:This post makes me sad. :-(

EDIT: After thinking on this for a spell, it occurred to me I almost never visit the front page of this site anymore. It just struck me the material there vacillates between being vacuous and adolescent. There is no wit to be found there anymore. The posters on the threads, which apparently have little to no attention paid to them, are far and away more interesting and better thinkers than the people actually running the main site.

Short answer: There's no way I'd pay money for the front site.

Yikes!

But I had a poke around the front page and I agree.

The OH started as a community. It should always be a community first.

timmidura

Whippersnapper

Postby timmidura » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:52 pm

Can’t have a community if the site goes under.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:57 pm

timmidura wrote:Can’t have a community if the site goes under.

Cant have a site if you alienate the readership.

leave a comment with facebook