Advertisement

HEY CHAP & CERTAIN OTHERS!!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Liked in: 0 post

Postby toolverine » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:43 pm

cncoyle wrote:Where I grew up (central Kentucky), white people typically said "coke" while black people typically said "pop".

It's the white man trying to keep them down with their drugs and whatnot.

Advertisement

shifty
Mad Hatter

Postby shifty » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:48 pm

toolverine wrote:People who call all soda coke are fucking retarded. There is no two ways about it. It's okay to call facial tissue Kleenex because they all serve essentially the same function, come in the same form factor, etc. However, "coke" is not RC cola, is not Sprite, is not any of Jones' sodas. :evil: :evil: :evil:

EDIT: typo

my first instinct is 'coke' but I've learned to say soda seeing as how the only one I ever drink is Dr. Pepper. wouldn't want to betray my brand loyalty.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:40 pm

I live in Ohio so everyone says "pop".

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:44 pm

I've grown up around all sode being called either 'soda', 'pop', or 'soda pop'. I have relatives who call anything cola 'coke', and some that even call a refrigerator an 'ice box'.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:45 pm

cncoyle wrote:Oh, yeah, well we had a black guy named Tyrone (who had a gold Playboy bunny on his front tooth) and a white guy named Tyrone (who was gay and attended a culinary school).

I could do a great erotic story on these few sentences. :-D

and I also grew up saying, pop. In fact, at resteraunts here in Michigan they'll ask, "What kind of pop would you like?"

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 619 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:52 pm

toolverine wrote:It's the white man trying to keep them down with their drugs and whatnot.
I do recall something hilarious from my high school basketball-playing days. (Okay, technically speaking, I was on the team, primarily to foul when the whiny starters would complain about the other team being rough. :roll: )

Once or twice a season a parent or supporter would take the whole team out to a "steak dinner". The options would be steak (duh), chicken or shrimp. Three or four of the black players would ALWAYS get excited about eating shrimp, like it was some precious commodity that cost $800/pound, not $7 for tiny fried non-de-veined shitty fare. When getting dressed after practice, they would be talking up the shrimp, such as, "Oh, maaan, I'm gonna get me some SHRIMP!" "Oh, HELL YEAH, SHRIMP!"

Mind you, this was years before Forrest Gump came out.
-

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:53 pm

I love Bubba Gump's. yes, it's commercialized and has shitty drinks but the food is actually quite good. Just not the coconut shrimp. Two things that should never be together, imo.

lancer_man
Expert Post Whore

Postby lancer_man » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:54 pm

cncoyle wrote:I do recall something hilarious from my high school basketball-playing days. (Okay, technically speaking, I was on the team, primarily to foul when the whiny starters would complain about the other team being rough. :roll: )

Once or twice a season a parent or supporter would take the whole team out to a "steak dinner". The options would be steak (duh), chicken or shrimp. Three or four of the black players would ALWAYS get excited about eating shrimp, like it was some precious commodity that cost $800/pound, not $7 for tiny fried non-de-veined shitty fare. When getting dressed after practice, they would be talking up the shrimp, such as, "Oh, maaan, I'm gonna get me some SHRIMP!" "Oh, HELL YEAH, SHRIMP!"

Ahh Elitism. It goes great with steak.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:55 pm

cncoyle wrote:I do recall something hilarious from my high school basketball-playing days. (Okay, technically speaking, I was on the team, primarily to foul when the whiny starters would complain about the other team being rough. :roll: )

:P Yeah, I'll admit I used to think shrimp (or scrimp) was an expensive commodity.

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:56 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote::P Yeah, I'll admit I used to think shrimp (or scrimp) was an expensive commodity.

Will you also admit that you were one of the blacks that nate frowns upon?

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 619 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:57 pm

lancer_man wrote:Ahh Elitism. It goes great with steak.
If it's any consolation, the coach made fun of me for eating a rare steak.

And he also teased me in front of the whole team during team pictures because I had back hair.

And he would also make comments when showing us a new play or move that I would be the first one to screw it up.

Man, my coach really didn't like me, now that I think about it.
toolverine wrote:Will you also admit that you were one of the blacks that nate frowns upon?
Oh, no, I never frowned upon them! I just don't get the appeal of shrimp.

Except that one guy that asked for rides all the damn time. For some reason, he would ask me over anyone else, and he lived on the ass-opposite side of town.
-

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:00 pm

toolverine wrote:Will you also admit that you were one of the blacks that nate frowns upon?

Nate's inner blackness prevents him from looking down. He's like the White Shadow.

lancer_man
Expert Post Whore

Postby lancer_man » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:04 pm

cncoyle wrote:Except that one guy that asked for rides all the damn time. For some reason, he would ask me over anyone else, and he lived on the ass-opposite side of town.

Picking up signals isn't your strong suit.

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:05 pm

lancer_man wrote:Picking up signals isn't your strong suit.

He's better at keeping down things. And people.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:06 pm

cncoyle wrote:If it's any consolation, the coach made fun of me for eating a rare steak.

And he also teased me in front of the whole team during team pictures because I had back hair.

And he would also make comments when showing us a new play or move that I would be the first one to screw it up.

Man, my coach really didn't like me, now that I think about it.

my h.s. coach called me "Two-Back" due to my, let's say, less-than-fully-sculpted pec muscles... :oops: :x

but i was deadly from distance. 8) :-D
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum