Advertisement

hey what happened to all the stickies?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41393
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 66 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:43 pm

xaraan wrote:I demand DaReekstah be ignored!!!
(The threads will get bumped when used and when not, they can drift away and get out of the way for those of us that don't use them)




Is it really that hard to just look two inches lower on your screen? for the start of the regular threads?

That's it. I'm going back to the 'Ram.. oh wait. No. :(

THEN REBELLION IT IS!
Image

Advertisement

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41393
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 66 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:44 pm

C20Percent wrote:That Top 10 characters thread had such potential -- it kinda reminds me of the NFL Mock Draft that Big Dog administered in April. Everyone is so quick to be involved, and then the participation is not there.


Yeah, I was disappointed by the turnout after the first day. We were rolling and having fun with it the first day or two.
Image

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27236
Likes: 372 posts
Liked in: 205 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:45 pm

C20Percent wrote:That Top 10 characters thread had such potential -- it kinda reminds me of the NFL Mock Draft that Big Dog administered in April. Everyone is so quick to be involved, and then the participation is not there.
i EageRLY AWAIT MY TURN!!!!

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42889
Likes: 276 posts
Liked in: 239 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:49 pm

I'm re-stickying the Trivia Quiz - it's only until Sunday.
Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41393
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 66 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:50 pm

nietoperz wrote:I'm re-stickying the Trivia Quiz - it's only until Sunday.


And nieto lands an uppercut to whoever removed it!

MOD WARS!
Image

jeremy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13220
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: SoCal
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan


Postby jeremy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:51 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Is it really that hard to just look two inches lower on your screen? for the start of the regular threads?

That's it. I'm going back to the 'Ram.. oh wait. No. :(

THEN REBELLION IT IS!



Yes, it is that hard to look two inches lower past a mess of threads I don't use at the top of the forum every single time I post. My neck has a terrible crick in it because of having to look down like that. Can't the 5% of posters that use those threads watch them? (Is that a feature here?)


jeremy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13220
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: SoCal
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan


Postby jeremy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:52 pm

nietoperz wrote:I'm re-stickying the Trivia Quiz - it's only until Sunday.



sonofa--- damn u!!!!!!!!!

You give DaReekstah something he wants and he will just ask for more. You have to train him right!

I guess I can live with it until Sunday though.



Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41393
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 66 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:52 pm

xaraan wrote:Yes, it is that hard to look two inches lower past a mess of threads I don't use at the top of the forum every single time I post. My neck has a terrible crick in it because of having to look down like that. Can't the 5% of posters that use those threads watch them? (Is that a feature here?)



Well, you could always avoid looking down by just scrolling down. It's far less work for you than having to dig through other pages to find a certain thread for us.
Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41393
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 66 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:53 pm

xaraan wrote:sonofa--- damn u!!!!!!!!!

You give DaReekstah something he wants and he will just ask for more. You have to train him right!


Mwhahahahahah! :twisted:
Image

nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42889
Likes: 276 posts
Liked in: 239 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:53 pm

No, Hawk (I'm assuming it was him) was right to get rid of most of them. I only reinstated the Quiz because it's easier for me to manage up there, plus ends on Sunday.
Image

jeremy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13220
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: SoCal
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan


Postby jeremy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:55 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Well, you could always avoid looking down by just scrolling down. It's far less work for you than having to dig through other pages to find a certain thread for us.



Then I get carpal tunnel from having to constantly slide the screen down. It's a lose lose of physical suffering for those of us on the side.

Seriously though, it's not so bad now, but it was a bit annoying having to skip over the first ten threads in a forum everytime you look at it.




Dragavon
User avatar
Podcaster
 
Posts: 18507
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am
Location: NJ
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly


Postby Dragavon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:55 pm

I demand that all threads started by me be stickied (as they are the only ones that matter anyway!) :smt029
Image

jeremy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13220
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: SoCal
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan


Postby jeremy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:56 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Mwhahahahahah! :twisted:



damn u reekstah!
(I look kinda like that kid in your avatar right now!! except bald)



jeremy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13220
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: SoCal
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan


Postby jeremy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Dragavon wrote:I demand that all threads started by me be stickied (as they are the only ones that matter anyway!) :smt029



Apparently nieto feels like this as well!!! :wink:




nietoperz
User avatar
The Goddamn Bat-min
 
Posts: 42889
Likes: 276 posts
Liked in: 239 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Title: Forum Manager


Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:58 pm

xaraan wrote:Apparently nieto feels like this as well!!! :wink:





In my defence: I'm right. :twisted:
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 36 guests

Advertisement
cron