Advertisement

Holder Acknowledges US Killed 4 Americans via Drone Strikes

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Holder Acknowledges US Killed 4 Americans via Drone Strikes

Postby GLX » Wed May 22, 2013 4:30 pm

One day before President Obama is due to deliver a major speech on national security, his administration on Wednesday formally acknowledged that the United States had killed four American citizens in drone strikes in Yemen and Pakistan.

In a letter to Congressional leaders obtained by The New York Times, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. disclosed that the administration had deliberately killed Anwar al-Awlaki, a radical Muslim cleric who was killed in a drone strike in September 2011 in Yemen.

The American responsibility for Mr. Awlaki’s death has been widely reported, but the administration had until now refused to confirm or deny it.

The letter also said that the United States had killed three other Americans: Samir Khan, who was killed in the same strike; Mr. Awlaki’s son Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, who was also killed in Yemen; and Jude Mohammed, who was killed in a strike in Pakistan.

“These individuals were not specifically targeted by the United States,” Mr. Holder wrote.

More here: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/us/us ... .html?_r=0

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1093 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Holder Acknowledges US Killed 4 Americans via Drone Stri

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed May 22, 2013 4:37 pm

:shock:

:P
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed May 22, 2013 4:48 pm

At least Obama is holding on to his Change promises. We should elect Dexter next time.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed May 22, 2013 5:02 pm

I have zero problem with Awlaki being assassinated.

Hab

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 22, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm pretty fucking liberal but who gives a fuck if terrorists were killed American or otherwise? I'd much rather them killed by drones than put soldiers lives at risk.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1065 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed May 22, 2013 6:28 pm

I bigger issue to me is the lack of transparency into who we're killing with drones and the probable lack of accountability for deciding who we're killing with drones.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 213 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed May 22, 2013 6:32 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I bigger issue to me is the lack of transparency into who we're killing with drones and the probable lack of accountability for deciding who we're killing with drones.

Yeah, this. I mean, I'm all about assassinating terrorists, but if they felt the need to lie about it in the first place, it doesn't really give me a lot of confidence that they thought this through as well as they should have.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed May 22, 2013 6:43 pm

I don't have the least bit of sympathy if some terrorist has his brains blown out. But just like damn near everything else, nobody bothers to look at the giant can of worms something like this opens. American citizens can be assassinated by order of the President. No trial, no innocent until proven guilty, not one damn thing American about it.

But I'm sure this is the one single overreach by our government that they won't ever abuse in the future. :roll:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1093 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed May 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:I don't have the least bit of sympathy if some terrorist has his brains blown out. But just like damn near everything else, nobody bothers to look at the giant can of worms something like this opens. American citizens can be assassinated by order of the President. No trial, no innocent until proven guilty, not one damn thing American about it.

But I'm sure this is the one single overreach by our government that they won't ever abuse in the future. :roll:

It was then that a drone fired a missile at Thunderstorm. Obama cackled with joy. "Sarcasm has it's price!" screamed Obama.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

achilles
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 300 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Wed May 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
It was then that a drone fired a missile at Thunderstorm. Obama cackled with joy. "Sarcasm has it's price!" screamed Obama.

Drone? Cat, you're behind the times. Obama would have him audited by the IRS, his phone tapped by the FBI, who would also go through his trash, and every other federal agency he could find to go after him. He don't need no stinking drones.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 559 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 pm

In practice it seems like it's extraordinary circumstances that this happens, but on paper it's terrifying. I really believe that tyranny is always right around the corner, and giving our inept government this kind of power is terrifying.

The key word is American Citizens.

pastajoe
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 541 posts

Postby pastajoe » Wed May 22, 2013 10:28 pm

dairydead wrote:
Yeah, this. I mean, I'm all about assassinating terrorists, but if they felt the need to lie about it in the first place, it doesn't really give me a lot of confidence that they thought this through as well as they should have.

They didn't lie, they just didn't previously confirm or deny. Let's hear what the president has to say before passing judgement.

But I have no problem with taking out terrorists overseas that are plotting to harm Americans, even if they are technically American citizens.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu May 23, 2013 7:47 am

Guys, get your panties out of a twist. It's obvious these weren't "white" people.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Thu May 23, 2013 8:25 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I bigger issue to me is the lack of transparency into who we're killing with drones and the probable lack of accountability for deciding who we're killing with drones.

i'm not condoning killing anyone (even tho they say that one guy was tied to the failed underwear plane bomber). i'm guessing that sometimes covert operations have to remain that way for a certain amount of time.

is anyone here CIA and can give us the real scoop? :lol:

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 901 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Thu May 23, 2013 8:37 am

It's not like they killed Americans on purpose.
-

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum