Advertisement

How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby habitual » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:20 am

dairydead wrote:
...and those who are old enough to remember, yet still have high opinions of these people? They have no excuse?

He's not talking good or bad, it's really more of a fabrication of legacies.

Reagan is the bellweather that fiscal conservatives measure themselves by yet he raised taxes 11 times and tripled the deficit.

Hab

Advertisement

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 21 posts

Postby David Bird » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:43 am

Odd thing about the NEP. Last time I was in Alberta, people were complaining about the price of gas. Why can't we have a lower price in Canada? Those that thought about it seemed to assume it was NAFTA's fault--which is nonsense. Mexico has a lower domestic price. The reason we don't have lower gas prices here is because we don't have a national energy plan. Of course, even I am not stupid enough to bring that up in Alberta.

As for Trudeau hate, with him and the West it always seemed reciprocal, but when he died everyone was respectful. Until someone suggested a mountain in Western Canada be re-named after him. Then the pretense of respect was dropped just long enough to ensure that wouldn't happen.

David Bird
phrase IV

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 72 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:09 am

David Bird wrote:
You don't seem to under what the Eurozone is supposed to be. It is a single economy. Greece and Germany aren't supposed to be in competition. The problem with the Euro isn't that some countries elect leftist government. It's that it 17 different chefs.

They clearly should not share the same currency

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:13 am

David Bird wrote:Odd thing about the NEP. Last time I was in Alberta, people were complaining about the price of gas. Why can't we have a lower price in Canada? Those that thought about it seemed to assume it was NAFTA's fault--which is nonsense. Mexico has a lower domestic price. The reason we don't have lower gas prices here is because we don't have a national energy plan. Of course, even I am not stupid enough to bring that up in Alberta.

As for Trudeau hate, with him and the West it always seemed reciprocal, but when he died everyone was respectful. Until someone suggested a mountain in Western Canada be re-named after him. Then the pretense of respect was dropped just long enough to ensure that wouldn't happen.

Lower oil prices at the expense of Alberta? That doesn't seem likely. Lower prices also would only encourage more oil consumption.

David Bird
phrase IV

Postby David Bird » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:37 am

holtom2000 wrote:They clearly should not share the same currency

They certainly made of mess of it from the start, anyway.

holtom2000 wrote:
Lower oil prices at the expense of Alberta? That doesn't seem likely. Lower prices also would only encourage more oil consumption.

"Doesn't seem likely" is putting it mildly.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:57 am

Ah, the crisis of the euro.

achilles
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 205 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:34 pm

oogy wrote:I just want to point out:
Hans Gruber was German
Saruman was sent to Middle-Earth by a god
Grand Moff Tarkin was born on a Planet called Eriadu

Ah, but what do they all have in common? They're played by Brits! Why? Because, much like the Dutch, Brits are EVIL!! :wink:

Also, you scare me that you know where Grand Moff Tarkin was born... :shock:
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 127 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:31 pm

achilles wrote:

Ah, but what do they all have in common? They're played by Brits! Why? Because, much like the Dutch, Brits are EVIL!! :wink:

Also, you scare me that you know where Grand Moff Tarkin was born... :shock:

I had to look it up. :lol:

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:44 pm

oogy wrote:I had to look it up. :lol:

Ha I knew that from those Star Wars documentaries. British people do sound evil sometimes

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum