Advertisement

How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18607
Likes: 90 posts
Liked in: 133 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby habitual » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:I'm actually curious what she did that gets the 'love, peace, and tolerance' posters to call her a cunt and hope her whole party dies. I remember Rick on The Young Ones hated her for being Fascist.


She was basically kicked out of office by her own party.

Hab

Advertisement

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18607
Likes: 90 posts
Liked in: 133 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby habitual » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:29 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Personally, I would agree with you, but according to the hyper-sensitive American blogosphere, everything is sexist and misogynistic... except when they're doing it. I'm amazed at how many "Twitter pundits" who call for a lynching whenever someone makes a PMS joke are saying vile things about Thatcher today.


The Daily Telegraph had to shut down their comment section today because of so many vile Thatcher comments.

Hab

PDH
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7126
Likes: 22 posts
Liked in: 41 posts
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:10 am


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby PDH » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 pm

I remember John 'You die a hero or you live long enough to advertise butter' Lydon saying something like he disagreed with everything she ever said or did but he respected her strength as a leader. That's about as charitable as I can be right now. Of course Hitler was a strong leader, as well, so it's not much praise.

Oh well, she's your problem now, Satan. May God have mercy on your soul.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 75990
Likes: 392 posts
Liked in: 553 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Obama is a cunt. There, I said it.

/racist'd
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18168
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 93 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby Arion » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 pm

False Prophet wrote:Can't deny she inspired a generation of British comic writers who fucking hated her but wrote brilliant stories in response.

With that being said, it should be Frank Miller who does her biography.


This made me laugh. A lot.

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9211
Likes: 13 posts
Liked in: 53 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby Zero » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:50 pm

PDH wrote:I remember John 'You die a hero or you live long enough to advertise butter' Lydon saying something like he disagreed with everything she ever said or did but he respected her strength as a leader. That's about as charitable as I can be right now. Of course Hitler was a strong leader, as well, so it's not much praise.

Oh well, she's your problem now, Satan. May God have mercy on your soul.


For ten years she was one of the most powerful people in the world. That would be an achievement for anyone but to do so as a person of no particularly high birth in the Tories is massive. To do so as a woman is massive. Her achievements were enormous and for so long she let nothing stand in her way and for that she is rightly commended.

Unfortunately what she did once she reached the top was fight two pointless wars, shit on the poor in every way she could think of, and scar the country's industrial base in a way we will never recover from. She was a truly remarkable cunt.

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9211
Likes: 13 posts
Liked in: 53 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby Zero » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:51 pm

David Cameron is barely worthy of being spoken of in the same breath as her, but that doesn't make him any less of a cunt either.

Thunderstorm
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18630
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 5 posts
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:24 am
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby Thunderstorm » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:51 pm

habitual wrote:
She was basically kicked out of office by her own party.

Hab


And she wasn't chased through the streets by an angry mob and burned at the stake? :smt102

From what I've read since I asked the question, Britain was in bad shape when she came into office, and she made cuts to several social programs (milk for school children being the most famous), and over-zealously went after unions, which in turn destroyed some communities and left many without work.

I will mostly remember her for this.


Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 19992
Likes: 150 posts
Liked in: 243 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Online


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby Amoebas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:59 pm

On a Marriott wifi (which sucks otherwise I'd post more videos but...)

So many great Thatcher Protest Songs...

Elvis Costello: "Shipbuilding" & "Tramp the Dirt Down"
Crass: "Sheepfarming in the Falklands", "Thatchergate" & "How Does it Feel (to be the mother of 1000 dead)"
Specials: "Ghost Town" & "Maggie's Farm"
UB40: "One in Ten"
English Beat: "Stand Down Margaret"
The The: "Heartland"
Pink Floyd: "The Fletcher Memorial Home"
The Style Council: "Come to Milton Keyes"
Morrissey: "Margaret on the Guillotine"

And my favorite Anti-Maggie song - Momus: "Sex for the Disabled"

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8666
Likes: 683 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Margaret Thatcher and her family were unsavory people from what I understand. I even remember hearing that her son Mark was indicted on financing a military coup in some African country and is currently serving time. Plus I understand her husband is an even bigger douchebag than she was.

habitual
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18607
Likes: 90 posts
Liked in: 133 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Title: Habinger of Doom!


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby habitual » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
And she wasn't chased through the streets by an angry mob and burned at the stake? :smt102

From what I've read since I asked the question, Britain was in bad shape when she came into office, and she made cuts to several social programs (milk for school children being the most famous), and over-zealously went after unions, which in turn destroyed some communities and left many without work.

I will mostly remember her for this.



It had always been my understanding that she was more famous on this side of the pond for wanting to put people of a certain sexual persuasion in camps after the AIDs outbreak.

Hab

David Bird
User avatar
phrase IV
 
Posts: 5822
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:28 pm
Location: Victoria, BC


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby David Bird » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Actually, her son got off with a suspended sentence. He was denied residency in the US because of it, but no jail time.

I haven't heard much re: Denis at all, really. He's always seemed to keep a low profile. He did, however, bankroll her legal education and political career.

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 35997
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 19 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby Frag » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Zero wrote:
For ten years she was one of the most powerful people in the world. That would be an achievement for anyone but to do so as a person of no particularly high birth in the Tories is massive. To do so as a woman is massive. Her achievements were enormous and for so long she let nothing stand in her way and for that she is rightly commended.

Unfortunately what she did once she reached the top was fight two pointless wars, shit on the poor in every way she could think of, and scar the country's industrial base in a way we will never recover from. She was a truly remarkable cunt.


That last part also describes George Bush.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 35997
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 19 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby Frag » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm

She supported apartheid and destroyed her country's economy. She was a worthless piece of shit.

Her approval rating was under 40% on average and even reached 23%.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8666
Likes: 683 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:48 pm

David Bird wrote:Actually, her son got off with a suspended sentence. He was denied residency in the US because of it, but no jail time.

I haven't heard much re: Denis at all, really. He's always seemed to keep a low profile. He did, however, bankroll her legal education and political career.


Yeah I remember now. But overall, douchiness obviously runs in the Thatcher family.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 52 guests

Advertisement