Friday, September 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "For when life fails you."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 pm

I remember John 'You die a hero or you live long enough to advertise butter' Lydon saying something like he disagreed with everything she ever said or did but he respected her strength as a leader. That's about as charitable as I can be right now. Of course Hitler was a strong leader, as well, so it's not much praise.

Oh well, she's your problem now, Satan. May God have mercy on your soul.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 pm

False Prophet wrote:Can't deny she inspired a generation of British comic writers who fucking hated her but wrote brilliant stories in response.

With that being said, it should be Frank Miller who does her biography.

This made me laugh. A lot.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:50 pm

PDH wrote:I remember John 'You die a hero or you live long enough to advertise butter' Lydon saying something like he disagreed with everything she ever said or did but he respected her strength as a leader. That's about as charitable as I can be right now. Of course Hitler was a strong leader, as well, so it's not much praise.

Oh well, she's your problem now, Satan. May God have mercy on your soul.

For ten years she was one of the most powerful people in the world. That would be an achievement for anyone but to do so as a person of no particularly high birth in the Tories is massive. To do so as a woman is massive. Her achievements were enormous and for so long she let nothing stand in her way and for that she is rightly commended.

Unfortunately what she did once she reached the top was fight two pointless wars, shit on the poor in every way she could think of, and scar the country's industrial base in a way we will never recover from. She was a truly remarkable cunt.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:51 pm

David Cameron is barely worthy of being spoken of in the same breath as her, but that doesn't make him any less of a cunt either.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:51 pm

habitual wrote:
She was basically kicked out of office by her own party.

Hab

And she wasn't chased through the streets by an angry mob and burned at the stake? :smt102

From what I've read since I asked the question, Britain was in bad shape when she came into office, and she made cuts to several social programs (milk for school children being the most famous), and over-zealously went after unions, which in turn destroyed some communities and left many without work.

I will mostly remember her for this.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:59 pm

On a Marriott wifi (which sucks otherwise I'd post more videos but...)

So many great Thatcher Protest Songs...

Elvis Costello: "Shipbuilding" & "Tramp the Dirt Down"
Crass: "Sheepfarming in the Falklands", "Thatchergate" & "How Does it Feel (to be the mother of 1000 dead)"
Specials: "Ghost Town" & "Maggie's Farm"
UB40: "One in Ten"
English Beat: "Stand Down Margaret"
The The: "Heartland"
Pink Floyd: "The Fletcher Memorial Home"
The Style Council: "Come to Milton Keyes"
Morrissey: "Margaret on the Guillotine"

And my favorite Anti-Maggie song - Momus: "Sex for the Disabled"

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Margaret Thatcher and her family were unsavory people from what I understand. I even remember hearing that her son Mark was indicted on financing a military coup in some African country and is currently serving time. Plus I understand her husband is an even bigger douchebag than she was.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
And she wasn't chased through the streets by an angry mob and burned at the stake? :smt102

From what I've read since I asked the question, Britain was in bad shape when she came into office, and she made cuts to several social programs (milk for school children being the most famous), and over-zealously went after unions, which in turn destroyed some communities and left many without work.

I will mostly remember her for this.

It had always been my understanding that she was more famous on this side of the pond for wanting to put people of a certain sexual persuasion in camps after the AIDs outbreak.

Hab

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Actually, her son got off with a suspended sentence. He was denied residency in the US because of it, but no jail time.

I haven't heard much re: Denis at all, really. He's always seemed to keep a low profile. He did, however, bankroll her legal education and political career.

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Zero wrote:
For ten years she was one of the most powerful people in the world. That would be an achievement for anyone but to do so as a person of no particularly high birth in the Tories is massive. To do so as a woman is massive. Her achievements were enormous and for so long she let nothing stand in her way and for that she is rightly commended.

Unfortunately what she did once she reached the top was fight two pointless wars, shit on the poor in every way she could think of, and scar the country's industrial base in a way we will never recover from. She was a truly remarkable cunt.

That last part also describes George Bush.

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm

She supported apartheid and destroyed her country's economy. She was a worthless piece of shit.

Her approval rating was under 40% on average and even reached 23%.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:48 pm

David Bird wrote:Actually, her son got off with a suspended sentence. He was denied residency in the US because of it, but no jail time.

I haven't heard much re: Denis at all, really. He's always seemed to keep a low profile. He did, however, bankroll her legal education and political career.

Yeah I remember now. But overall, douchiness obviously runs in the Thatcher family.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:19 pm

dairydead wrote:I just find this completely insane that you supposed "progressives" are resorting to calling a dead woman a "cunt" because she was conservative. :lol: way to take the high road.

Just because you're dead doesn't mean you can't be a cunt.

She had no respect for people like me and most of society, so why should we respect her? I hate the way people say you can't insult a dead person. They're dead, doesn't matter.

Fuck, it's probably better to insult the dead, so they don't hear it.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Respect for someone just because they're dead, that's insane. There's no end of notably horrible dead people. :lol:

Plenty of old grannies suffered in mean circumstances before they were bugled off to Jesus thanks to her.

achilles

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby achilles » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:I'm actually curious what she did that gets the 'love, peace, and tolerance' posters to call her a cunt and hope her whole party dies. I remember Rick on The Young Ones hated her for being Fascist.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. This is the reflexive attitude of the left whenever someone on the right dies. An example from yesterday was the son of Rick Warren, who is some big time evangelical mega church head. He killed himself, and the Left couldn't wait to start celebrating and taunting his father.

The kid insofar as I know never did anything to anyone, yet this is how they respond. And regardless of what they blame his father for, basic human decency seems to be beyond most of the Left. Taste and decency don't seem to be among the virtues, (whatever they might be), of the Left in general. or at least the vocal among them. Celebrating the death of anyone other than a Bin Laden or a Hitler isn't something civilized, decent people do IMO.

leave a comment with facebook