Wednesday, October 17, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

How will Margaret Thatcher be remembered?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:34 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Roger Ebert rated a Roman Polanski movie as one of the the top 10 of 2010. Cunt?


His jaw looked a bit like a sideways one.
User avatar

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:41 pm

David Bird wrote:
If it's common, why don't you expect it?


Because the Left puts out this enormous effort to be about peace, tolerance, understanding, respecting and embracing our differences, etc. And then you get this pure hatred in the form of death threats, celebrating the death of a public figure who didn't believe the same things. It's just strange.

And Punchy, I'm not lumping you in with the far left, I expect it of you because that's part of your personality.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
Because the Left puts out this enormous effort to be about peace, tolerance, understanding, respecting and embracing our differences, etc. And then you get this pure hatred in the form of death threats, celebrating the death of a public figure who didn't believe the same things. It's just strange.

And Punchy, I'm not lumping you in with the far left, I expect it of you because that's part of your personality.


I personally think you can't conflate hatred for a specific person with a wider desire for tolerance. You can hate one specific black person for who they are personally without being a racist, you can hate Thatcher without hating all women or all Conservative party members (although her influence is so strong I do hate most Conservatives).

And... thanks... I guess
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Punchy wrote:
I personally think you can't conflate hatred for a specific person with a wider desire for tolerance. You can hate one specific black person for who they are personally without being a racist, you can hate Thatcher without hating all women or all Conservative party members (although her influence is so strong I do hate most Conservatives).

And... thanks... I guess


You're wrong about that, you fucking racist.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:52 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
You're wrong about that, you fucking racist.


Go drown in hobo piss.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:27 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
It's not sexist if her political ideology is different than yours.


Brit logic: calling a woman a cunt is not sexist, however referring to the fact that a woman uses her cunt is sexist !. And kind of racist :lol:
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:08 pm

“Margaret Thatcher was a pioneer, willingly or unwillingly, for the role of women in politics.
It is hard to imagine a part of our current history that has not been affected by measures she put forward in the UK at the end of the 20th century. Her hard-nosed fiscal measures took a toll on the poor, and her hands-off approach to financial regulation led to great wealth for others. There is an argument that her steadfast, almost emotional loyalty to the pound sterling has helped the UK weather the storms of European monetary uncertainty.
But to me she was a figure of awe for her personal strength and grit. To have come up, legitimately, through the ranks of the British political system, class bound and gender phobic as it was, in the time that she did and the way that she did, was a formidable achievement. To have won it, not because she inherited position as the daughter of a great man, or the widow of an important man, but by dint of her own striving. To have withstood the special hatred and ridicule, unprecedented in my opinion, leveled in our time at a public figure who was not a mass murderer; and to have managed to keep her convictions attached to fervent ideals and ideas- wrongheaded or misguided as we might see them now-without corruption- I see that as evidence of some kind of greatness, worthy for the argument of history to settle. To have given women and girls around the world reason to supplant fantasies of being princesses with a different dream: the real-life option of leading their nation; this was groundbreaking and admirable.
I was honored to try to imagine her late life journey, after power; but I have only a glancing understanding of what her many struggles were, and how she managed to sail through to the other side. I wish to convey my respectful condolences to her family and many friends.”


http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/sty ... ingtonpost
User avatar

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:26 pm

PDH wrote:
Carol Thatcher is horrible. I loved how oblivious she was to her casual and comically old-fashioned racism. It would be like if someone had dog-blindness, which is a condition I've just made up where the subject is totally incapable of seeing dogs. So, people would be like "Aw look at the cute doggie!" and she'd be like, "WHAT? WHAT DOES EVERYBODY KEEP LOOKING AT ALL THE TIME? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?" It would be fucking hilarious. An entire portion of reality would be completely invisible to them. Sometimes I would even pretend that there was a dog there just to screw with them so they'd be all, "OH NO, I REALLY THOUGHT THE MEDICATION WAS WORKING THIS TIME BUT NOW IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN, I GUESS!"

That's kind of what Carol Thatcher is like except instead of not being able to see dogs she's not able to see how racist she is. I choose to find her delusions funny instead of offensive.


That's her daughter, right? I know that her son Mark is a blatant criminal and that her husband is an asshole himself but I totally forget the daughter. But then again, I almost never think of Margaret Thatcher so you can forgive me for not acknowledging her or family.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 pm

I'm of two minds when it comes to Thatcher. I respect how she got to be Prime Minister, but not what she did when she got there.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:31 pm

I hope she suffered.

Better?
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:33 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:I hope she suffered.

Better?


Just admit that you and all liberals are wrong about everything ever. That's all anyone wants. Damn.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:03 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Just admit that you and all liberals are wrong about everything ever. That's all anyone wants. Damn.


We just love dead conservatives.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
We just love dead conservatives.


Like... in a gay way?
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:33 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Like... in a gay way?


They're gonna get it.

/barry'd
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:13 am

Stephen Day wrote:I'm of two minds when it comes to Thatcher. I respect how she got to be Prime Minister, but not what she did when she got there.


This is a fair way to put it, and is probably how I'd sum up my feelings if I wanted to keep my emotions out of it. The ending of any human life is tragic, and her death doesn't improve the world in the slightest. Her death 30 years ago would have, but now it's just another old person dying. The damage is done, and we can't take back the mistakes she made and cruelty she inflicted on us.

This thread asked how she'll be remembered, and I think we've established she'll be remembered as a cunt. If you'd asked me this on Sunday the answer would be as a cunt, I fail to see what her death has changed.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 57 guests

cron