Thursday, July 19, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

How would YOU "fix"... a third movie?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Watching the Rogue One weekend Star Wars marathon REALLY makes me wish the prequels were better.

Between the Darth Jar Jar theory and little things (like Tatooine fashion looking identical to Jedi clothing, getting General Grievous instead of a cyber Darth Maul, a bloated Episode I, a lame death for Padme, excessive CGI vs more practical effects, etc), I wish we could have gotten something different.

It felt like Rogue One actually took the actors on location while the prequels over relied on CGI for the backgrounds.

It's hard rewatching them.

(But I appreciate how they tried to do something different at least, unlike TFA.)

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:16 pm

HNutz wrote:Watching the Rogue One weekend Star Wars marathon REALLY makes me wish the prequels were better.

Between the Darth Jar Jar theory and little things (like Tatooine fashion looking identical to Jedi clothing, getting General Grievous instead of a cyber Darth Maul, a bloated Episode I, a lame death for Padme, excessive CGI vs more practical effects, etc), I wish we could have gotten something different.

It felt like Rogue One actually took the actors on location while the prequels over relied on CGI for the backgrounds.

It's hard rewatching them.

(But I appreciate how they tried to do something different at least, unlike TFA.)

I really wish Disney would remake the prequels after episode 9

As for TFA, it's job was to assure viewers that SW was in the right hands and it did. I think/hope that the next two are going to be more risky

leave a comment with facebook