Advertisement

HUGE MARVEL MOVIE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

HUGE MARVEL MOVIE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Postby Doc Jon » Mon May 05, 2008 11:03 am

My dreams come true:

Source: Marvel Entertainment

Marvel Entertainment released their first quarter report to its shareholders this morning to coincide with the announcement about the success this past weekend of Marvel Studios' first production Iron Man, which grossed an estimated $104.2 million domestically and over $201 million worldwide. The announcement included an update of Marvel Studios' feature film slate with the already-rumored Iron Man 2 announced for a release on April 30, 2010, followed by three more movies for the summers of '10 and '11. Matthew Vaughn's Thor is set for a release on June 4, 2010, and The First Avenger: Captain America (the working title) will kick off the summer of 2011 on May 6, followed by the highly-anticipated and foreshadowed The Avengers scheduled for July 2011. (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is also listed as being in development with no release date set.)

In a conference call this morning, Marvel Studios' David Maisel said that Iron Man 2 will be used to introduce Thor. Regarding more "Hulk" movies, Maisel said "We definitely plan on continuing." He added that development continues on Spider-Man 4. "I can't give any other updates other than to say it's in development and everybody's excited about 'Spider-Man 4,'" he said.

With that in mind, one can start expecting a lot more announcements in the coming months about creative teams and casting for those movies including who might direct the Captain America and Avengers movies. (Whomever plays Steve Rogers AKA Captain America presumably will be making two movies at once.)

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Advertisement

investcomics
Birdman

Re: HUGE MARVEL MOVIE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Postby investcomics » Tue May 06, 2008 2:01 pm

All of this Marvel news is exciting!
Question........where is that OTHER comic company? Seem very quiet, not good when Marvel is cashing in. Why would they just sit back like this?? Makes NOOOO sense.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue May 06, 2008 5:42 pm

Well, it seems like DC has been very reactionary. In response to Marvel, in the past, they have announced projects that they could not get off the ground.

I would rather they stay quiet and announce something when they have something ready to go.

Right now, if Marvel were to cancel a movie, people would not think it was a big deal. If DC cancels Ambush Bug, the comic readers will be all over them. I really hope they get their house in order and start releasing some movies.

ErickCruz
Mad Hatter

Postby ErickCruz » Tue May 06, 2008 8:34 pm

Marvel is being smart. They're introducing their Avengers lineup little by little, while DC is trying to leap head first into a Justice League movie, totally the wrong way to do it. They already have Batman and Superman's origins/intros done, so they're leaving it to one movie to introduce 3 to 4 new characters, give them all deserved screen time AND still introduce a villain and a plot, at this point a JLA movie would have to be an epic 4 hours long.

If they're smart they can use the Superman sequel to introduce Martian Manhunter like they did on Smallville.

Then they need to step it up with introducing Wonder Woman in her solo film. Followed by Flash and Green Lantern. There's your JLA right there. The cool part would be for all of these movies to have a common but different epilogue: The coming of Darkseid, culminating with his arrival in the JLA movie.
I AM GOD! er... BATFAN
AKA the Punk

[url=http://erickcruz.deviantart.com/]My artwork[/url]
[url=http://erick-cruz.webs.com/]MY cheap @$$ website[/url]

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue May 06, 2008 8:37 pm

I don't know about MM in a Supes movie, but I like the rest of your ideas. I seriously doubt it will happen though.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum