Monday, November 19, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

'Indiana Jones V' Delayed As Disney Juggles Schedules

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Draco x wrote:
So in summary, Johnson and Kennedy don't deserve the flack that's been dished to them and the fans were on a proverbial witch-hunt basically?

I would go quite that far..

Probably didn't help though that Disney insisted on releasing Solo so soon after. Damn, there doesn't need to be one or more of these things every year. Scarcity creates a higher demand. Less is more. Cliches like that. Short sentences that don't form a complete thought. Damn, am I stream of consciousnessing again? Did I type that? Did I type THAT? Okay, stopping now.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Draco x wrote:
So in summary, Johnson and Kennedy don't deserve the flack that's been dished to them and the fans were on a proverbial witch-hunt basically?

I guess it comes down to who do you blame the most, The person who came up with the bad ideas, or the boss who greenlit them?

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Draco x wrote:So in summary, Johnson and Kennedy don't deserve the flack that's been dished to them and the fans were on a proverbial witch-hunt basically?

Problems aside, neither film is really bad. Star Wars fans have just been freebasing nerd rage for so long that they can't live without it.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Clockwork_Fish wrote:
Problems aside, neither film is really bad. Star Wars fans have just been freebasing nerd rage for so long that they can't live without it.

Or, maybe they're onto something and TLJ was the Secret Empire of movies.

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:06 am

Draco x wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. Kennedy probably does not deserve all of the flack she got, nor does Ron Howard who is catching more than his fair share, although she does deserve some. Johnson deserves every single bit of it. However I'm talking corporate shit rolling downhill, not fandom flack.

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
I guess it comes down to who do you blame the most, The person who came up with the bad ideas, or the boss who greenlit them?

Exactly. There are different types of blame, not all blame is the same, and there is more than enough to go around.
Clockwork_Fish wrote:

Solo was okay, enjoyable in parts even, what my grandparents called a wet sunday afternoon movie. It is something perfectly fine to watch to while away the hours.

TLJ was bad though. It was a thematic mess even on its own merits detached from the rest of the franchise, add it into the franchise and it goes to a steaming hot mess that seems to hate the people who watch the franchise. It is disjointed and the plots don't seem to mesh up too well together, it is like three movies jammed together. There is the jailbreak-heist movie of Canto Blight, the Caine Mutiny in Space movie only with Queeg as the Mutineer this time, and the Mystic Sorcerer Movie with the Jedi stuff all shoved together higgledy piggledy and it jumps around at random between them. And Johnson seems to think he is putting in big subversive twists when he is really just giving us dumb anticlimaxes instead. He should have been delivering on the set ups from the last movie, not under cutting them.

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:29 pm

Why not make a new Young Indie Jones tv series and have it exclusive to Prime or Netflix.

Have Harrison Ford write a book and recount his 'his lost adventures' narrative style.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:52 pm

OneWhoIsAll wrote:Why not make a new Young Indie Jones tv series and have it exclusive to Prime or Netflix.

Have Harrison Ford write a book and recount his 'his lost adventures' narrative style.

Because Disney want ALL the money they're not going to get even with Netfilx. They think they'll get it from Very Old Indiana Jones movies. Well, movie, because Ford will probably be 100 by the time they get to a sequel after the next one.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:32 pm

OneWhoIsAll wrote:Why not make a new Young Indie Jones tv series and have it exclusive to Prime or Netflix.

Be a good thing to go with the Star Wars series on Disney's new streaming service.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:55 pm

What if this was animated?

Would that make this a better idea? Or a worse one?

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:17 pm

HNutz wrote:
What if this was animated?

Would that make this a better idea? Or a worse one?

Well if it's all Disney and if it would be like the animated Adventure of Tin Tin movie then I wouldn't mind.

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:50 am

Or they could just not make any more Indiana Jones period. That's always been an option. The fact that they think we want old Indy wheeled out onto the big screen to hobble about for our amusement suggests that they don't have a lot of ideas for this character anyways.

Just let the franchise sleep for a while. I certainly wasn't complaining during the time between Last Crusade and Crystal Skull.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Clockwork_Fish wrote:Or they could just not make any more Indiana Jones period. That's always been an option. The fact that they think we want old Indy wheeled out onto the big screen to hobble about for our amusement suggests that they don't have a lot of ideas for this character anyways.

Just let the franchise sleep for a while. I certainly wasn't complaining during the time between Last Crusade and Crystal Skull.

This. But of course, Disney will do it anyway.

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Clockwork_Fish wrote:Or they could just not make any more Indiana Jones period. That's always been an option. The fact that they think we want old Indy wheeled out onto the big screen to hobble about for our amusement suggests that they don't have a lot of ideas for this character anyways.

Comicbooks, novels, and maybe a computer game or two would be fine. But for any sort of acted narrative, I think it needs to lie fallow for a little while. There is no real cultural demand for even that type of movie right now, much less an actual Indy movie. I'm just not sure who they think the audience would be for it?

leave a comment with facebook