Friday, November 16, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

'Indiana Jones V' Delayed As Disney Juggles Schedules

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:07 pm

One movie shortens its title, while a mystery one moves closer…

Source: Disney Pushes 'Indiana Jones 5' a Year to 2021, Dates 'Maleficent 2,' 'Jungle Cruise'

We told you so. The fifth Indiana Jones movie is getting delayed for a second time. Most recently the movie was supposed to land on July 10, 2020 but it has been plagued with script issues. The new target date for Indiana Jones V will be July 9, 2021. Yeesh, keep Harrison Ford away from planes and heavy doors in the meantime.

Indy is not the only Disney movie that is getting shuffled around. Mary Poppins Returns is moving up a week, now arriving December 19 of this year. Also, a currently unknown Marvel movie is moving from July 30, 2021 to February 12, 2021. An unknown live-action Disney movie will take the slot abandoned by the Marvel flick.

Two Disney films also received dates, Jungle Cruise (with Dwyane Johnson)  sets out on October 11, 2019 and Maleficent 2 (with Angelina Jolie) emerges May 29, 2020.

One film won't be changing its November 21, 2018 release date, but is trimming its title. Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 is losing the original portion of its name and is now a slimmed down to just Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:24 am

Also, a currently unknown Marvel movie is moving from July 30, 2021 to February 12, 2021

Ms Marvel? Please be either Ms Marvel or Squirrel Girl, or even Ms Marvel AND Squirrel Girl.

It'll probably be the new "Official" X-Men reboot though. :smt102

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:00 am

Disney's starting to pick up Marvel's habit of delaying things. But, Disney is starting to wise up to the fact the Lucasfilm purchase might have been a sow's ear.

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:16 am

Glaeken wrote:Disney's starting to pick up Marvel's habit of delaying things. But, Disney is starting to wise up to the fact the Lucasfilm purchase might have been a sow's ear.

Buying Lucasfilm was a smart move, it was employing Rian Johnson that derailed everything and turned an easy nostalgia driven money spinner into a needlessly controversial nerd fight.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:36 am

Why bother? Indiana Jones and the Wheelchair of Death? I mean come on, he'll be 79 when it premieres! Are they going to do a sequel to that, Indiana Jones and the Embalmed Crystal Corpse? He's already too old to credibly do an action movie, and is anyone really interested in another pitiful attempt to pass the torch???

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:44 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:
Buying Lucasfilm was a smart move, it was employing Rian Johnson that derailed everything and turned an easy nostalgia driven money spinner into a needlessly controversial nerd fight.

I'm surprised Bob Iger didn't have Rian Johnson killed. Flushing a multi-billion dollar investment down the toilet to stroke his own ego and deliver one of these most unprofessional jobs in American film history? I don't see how any studio would let him within a hundred mile radius of a major project ever again. You'd have to be absolutely pant-shitting, mouth-breathing stupid to hire that asshole for anything. So WB will probably give him complete creative control over the next Justice League movie.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Indiana Jones V: Indiana vs. Hippies

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:02 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:
I'm surprised Bob Iger didn't have Rian Johnson killed. Flushing a multi-billion dollar investment down the toilet to stroke his own ego and deliver one of these most unprofessional jobs in American film history? I don't see how any studio would let him within a hundred mile radius of a major project ever again.

Yup.

Instead, they talk about giving him an entire trilogy of movies to mess around with.

(Of course, lets see if they ACTUALLY get made...)

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Indiana Jones and the DAMN KIDS! Trampling All Over My Lawn Again! Marion! MARION!! WHERE'S MY CANE! Dammit, they're gone! Next time, Indy ... you'll get em next time... :smt013

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 am

They're making a sequel to Maleficient????

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:36 am

StrongStyleFiction wrote:
I'm surprised Bob Iger didn't have Rian Johnson killed. Flushing a multi-billion dollar investment down the toilet to stroke his own ego and deliver one of these most unprofessional jobs in American film history? I don't see how any studio would let him within a hundred mile radius of a major project ever again. You'd have to be absolutely pant-shitting, mouth-breathing stupid to hire that asshole for anything. So WB will probably give him complete creative control over the next Justice League movie.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't some of the blame over the recent flops at Lucas-Film also have to do with Kathleen Kennedy as well? I get the fact that people are rightfully roasting him over The Last Jedi but the failure of Solo didn't reflect well on her either from what many fans online are saying.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Draco x wrote:They're making a sequel to Maleficient????

Yes, it's all part of Disney's brave plan to keep Angelina Jolie out of the news, for which we all should be grateful.

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Draco x wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't some of the blame over the recent flops at Lucas-Film also have to do with Kathleen Kennedy as well? I get the fact that people are rightfully roasting him over The Last Jedi but the failure of Solo didn't reflect well on her either from what many fans online are saying.

There is always more than enough blame to go around. It is practically rule #1; when in doubt, grab a big shovel and start spreading the shit deep and broad.

Much of the under performance of Solo, at least in the parts of fandom I still interact with and haven't left in attempt to save my sanity, seems to stem from dissatisfaction still lingering from TLJ and the either firing/not firing soon enough (depending on which side of the nerd fence you fight on) the original directors. Everyone was primed for an argument after TLJ and just looking for a fight to pick, so I personally don't think anyone could have delivered the Solo movie without nerd drama ensuing.

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:
There is always more than enough blame to go around. It is practically rule #1; when in doubt, grab a big shovel and start spreading the shit deep and broad.

Much of the under performance of Solo, at least in the parts of fandom I still interact with and haven't left in attempt to save my sanity, seems to stem from dissatisfaction still lingering from TLJ and the either firing/not firing soon enough (depending on which side of the nerd fence you fight on) the original directors. Everyone was primed for an argument after TLJ and just looking for a fight to pick, so I personally don't think anyone could have delivered the Solo movie without nerd drama ensuing.

So in summary, Johnson and Kennedy don't deserve the flack that's been dished to them and the fans were on a proverbial witch-hunt basically?

leave a comment with facebook