Advertisement

Interesting interview with Ed Boon about the DC vs MK game

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Interesting interview with Ed Boon about the DC vs MK game

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:11 pm

I just read this interview and thought it was interesting. I still think it sounds like a bad idea for a game, but it addressed some concerns. First off there will be fatalaties for all MK players as well as DC villains and some heroes that kill. The non-killing heroes will have brutalities where they fuck people up without killing them. I like the idea of having villains in the game and hope for Darkseid as the main one. We all know what his fatality would be. Flash is in the game and looks pretty good. Anyways here's the link.

link

Advertisement

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 410 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:23 pm

Ah, well, brutalities from my DC Superheroes--that I can handle. Batman can repeatedly kick Scorpion in the face or Superman can kidney punch away, but at least they're not killing anyone!

What a relief! :smt021
-

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby C20Percent » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:34 pm

Boon said the content is really pushing the T-Rating. I never thought I'd see the day when Mortal Kombat was rated Teen.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:35 pm

cncoyle wrote:Ah, well, brutalities from my DC Superheroes--that I can handle. Batman can repeatedly kick Scorpion in the face or Superman can kidney punch away, but at least they're not killing anyone!

What a relief! :smt021

I don't know if you ever played teh MK games, but they had these before and it was usually stuff like strong uppercuts or whatever, My guess would be that for Batman it would be a nice martial arts combo or tying a guy up and hanging them from the ceiling upside down and for Flash it would be running in circles making the guy lose oxygen and knocking them out or a flurry of punches that does the same and for Superman it would be using his freeze breath to cover all except the head or whatever. I still think this is the strangest idea for a game and I don't really have a strong interest in playing it, but I think that was good news.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:37 pm

C20Percent wrote:Boon said the content is really pushing the T-Rating. I never thought I'd see the day when Mortal Kombat was rated Teen.

Well ripping out a guy's heart is a little tame compared to some of the stuff you can do in a God of War or Ninja Gaiden game.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Well ripping out a guy's heart is a little tame compared to some of the stuff you can do in a God of War or Ninja Gaiden game.

Eh, you might be right. If I remember correctly the fatalities were turning a little cartoonish in the last MK game I played. Still, I'd expect a fatality that featured Sub-Zero flaunting a severed head with spine attached to earn the game a Mature rating.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:51 pm

This game is going to be so ridiculous it has the potential to be utterly awesome.
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:54 pm

wonder woman better be able to do a fatality, as she does kill in the comics

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:08 pm

It will be god awful. Come one, we know how well comics fare in the videogame realm in the first place. Secondly, it's a poor man's Marvel vs. Capcom. Third, when was the last good Mk game? 3?

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 118 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:16 pm

If Deathstroke, Lady Shiva, Ravager, Kalibek (if Darkseid is in this game I want him in this dude damnit and that huge freakin mace of his), or Batgirl aren't in this game I am so gonna rage. These characters are made to be in this game it's a no brainer. :smt011

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:22 pm

Frost wrote:If Deathstroke, Lady Shiva, Ravager, Kalibek (if Darkseid is in this game I want him in this dude damnit and that huge freakin mace of his), or Batgirl aren't in this game I am so gonna rage. These characters are made to be in this game it's a no brainer. :smt011

i don't think Ravager and Shiva are well known enough to make the cut. I think the other three have a good shot though.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 118 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:29 pm

I wonder if Batman isn't hit in thirty seconds while holding the b button will their be preptime-ality? Where Batman just wins period cause he's Batman? :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Frost wrote:I wonder if Batman isn't hit in thirty seconds while holding the b button will their be preptime-ality? Where Batman just wins period cause he's Batman? :P

That would make this the single greatest game ever and would be a move I would try to do. It would pass King's awesome one combo super piledriver from Tekken 2 as the best move ever.

Baskerville Holmes
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:34 pm

toolverine wrote:It will be god awful. Come one, we know how well comics fare in the videogame realm in the first place. Secondly, it's a poor man's Marvel vs. Capcom. Third, when was the last good Mk game? 3?

MK Deception was a solid fighting game by any standard. It also has the best fatalities of ANY MK game.
[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7824/340x.gif[/img]

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum