Tuesday, December 6, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Iris and Ira West to be Black in Flash TV Show?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:09 am

Strict31 wrote:
It was probably whiteys that did this, man.

Betrayed by your own!

:lol:

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:52 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Black Wally West. I'd love to see that just for the butthurt on the internet.

They should recolor every Wally story to note this change.
Keep the red hair.
Wally West = Sinbad

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:42 am

Strict31 wrote:

Betrayed by your own!

White guilt has run amok. :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:48 am

GOSD wrote:
To be fair, though, "white innocence" is an oxymoron. :smt102

achilles

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby achilles » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:59 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Black Wally West. I'd love to see that just for the butthurt on the internet.

They should recolor every Wally story to note this change.

You want to see real butthurt on the internet, turn Luke Cage white. Or John Stewart. No, scratch that last, no one cares about Stewart.

*Wait for the fight to break out and ducks for cover*

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:00 am

GOSD wrote:

Oh, it's not just white guilt. I heard a rumor that DC is planning to turn Batwoman into a man. He'll still be called "Batwoman" though.

achilles

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby achilles » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:01 am

Strict31 wrote:

Betrayed by your own!

I'm good with this though, just so long as they don't turn anyone into a Brit.... :shock: :wink:

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:22 am

Strict31 wrote:
Oh, it's not just white guilt. I heard a rumor that DC is planning to turn Batwoman into a man. He'll still be called "Batwoman" though.

:smt009 :smt010

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:23 am

achilles wrote:

I'm good with this though, just so long as they don't turn anyone into a Brit.... :shock: :wink:

They couldn't be that cruel, could they? :shock: :smt011

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:54 am

Draco x wrote:
They're actually going with the Peter Parker angle with Barry now?

Yep. Comic version even has the guilt factor. If he wasn't Flash his enemy wouldn't have gone back in time and murdered his mother in front of him then frame his father.

Someone elsewhere said the tv version was a less slapable Andrew Garfield. Adorkable science nerd, seems irresponsible and awkward. Studies crimes that the regular cops can't solve. Girl he likes is a 10 and has detective father. Will find out he was inadvertently responsible for family member's murder. Struggles to balance life and heroics. Will feel his status as a hero puts others in danger.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:07 pm

GOSD wrote:
:smt009 :smt010

Don't fret buddy.

Look, DC only has a finite amount of universes left, but Marvel still has an unlimited number. Probability dictates therefore, that Marvel has at least one entire universe which is filled with all the original versions of DC characters.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Strict31 wrote:
Don't fret buddy.

Look, DC only has a finite amount of universes left, but Marvel still has an unlimited number. Probability dictates therefore, that Marvel has at least one entire universe which is filled with all the original versions of DC characters.

Yay! :band

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:22 am

I'm ok with this.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:48 am

Couldn't care less. Them being black doesn't change anything about the character.

Barry is the Flash in the DCU now, and Wally doesn't seem to exist. He won't be the Flash again in the main continuity, at least not unless there are major changes to the DCU, and thus he won't be the Flash in any other media.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:55 am

Black_Orchid wrote:
Yep. Comic version even has the guilt factor. If he wasn't Flash his enemy wouldn't have gone back in time and murdered his mother in front of him then frame his father.

Someone elsewhere said the tv version was a less slapable Andrew Garfield. Adorkable science nerd, seems irresponsible and awkward. Studies crimes that the regular cops can't solve. Girl he likes is a 10 and has detective father. Will find out he was inadvertently responsible for family member's murder. Struggles to balance life and heroics. Will feel his status as a hero puts others in danger.

Lame all over. I mean I get the fact that they did that route with Clark on Smallville but to do it with Barry sounds dumb all over sorry to say. Do so many characters now have to be Peter Parker-lite?

leave a comment with facebook