Advertisement

Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk
User avatar

Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12268
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 12 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby syxxpakk » Mon May 27, 2013 10:17 pm

As long as Shane Black plays it true to the script and/or however draco x wants the character to be interpreted. That is the only true measure of success.
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Advertisement

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7294
Likes: 17 posts
Liked in: 33 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Mon May 27, 2013 10:20 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Bullshit, the next Iron Man movie should adapt 'The Crossing' and turn RDJ into a brainwashed Avengers murdering puppet who'll then be stopped by his teenage self played by Shia LeBouf.

That concept practically prints the money itself.


Oh man, I can already imagine the scene when Teen Tony puts on the armor for the first time and doesn't know how to control it. We'll get a 5 minute scene of Shia screaming "Whoa, this isn't happening! No no no no no no no no no no no!"

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18285
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 11 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon May 27, 2013 10:53 pm

syxxpakk wrote:As long as Shane Black plays it true to the script and/or however draco x wants the character to be interpreted. That is the only true measure of success.



Sounds like Iron Man 4 needs a character called the Cyborg Hyperion.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 12890
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby doombug » Mon May 27, 2013 11:37 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Bullshit, the next Iron Man movie should adapt 'The Crossing' and turn RDJ into a brainwashed Avengers murdering puppet who'll then be stopped by his teenage self played by Shia LeBouf.

That concept practically prints the money itself.

Scariest thing you've ever written on the board. :shock:
Image

Image

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18285
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 11 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon May 27, 2013 11:39 pm

doombug wrote:Scariest thing you've ever written on the board. :shock:


but it's true to the comics and taps into the 90's which are draco's fondest years. that's all you need in order to win over the one critic that matters.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 12890
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby doombug » Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
but it's true to the comics and taps into the 90's which are draco's fondest years. that's all you need in order to win over the one critic that matters.

I'm smacking you in the back of the head right now via the internet. :smt011 :lol:

Anti-Life Mike
User avatar
SUSHI FISH
 
Posts: 217
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:51 am
Location: The Milky Way.
Title: Destroyer of Worlds
Formerly: Nobody


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby Anti-Life Mike » Tue May 28, 2013 3:09 am

Chris wrote:Here is my issue with your complaints.

You hate the movie for what it ISN'T, rather than judge it for what it is. Simply because the version of the Mandarin that you wanted wasn't in the movie, the movie sucks and Shane Black is a hack that knows nothing, and Kevin Feige is clueless as the head of Marvel Studios and a puppet for Disney who, together with Shane Black, don't care about the comic fans, and just throw shit at the screen knowing for a fact that whatever they put up will make money.

There's not even a hint of logic in your argument. It's not an argument of taste. It's one of stupidity, and not one bit of fact backs up any of your claims.

Yet just because audiences will put up with shit doesn't a good movie make... :roll:
Image

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7989
Likes: 69 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Wed May 29, 2013 6:33 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:you know im honestly surprised the mandarin outrage is what's keeping this thing going. i expected some of extremis's more outlandish features to annoy people :lol:

draco...wow :smt102


I was so hoping you would parlay the Mandarin thing into my obsession with the 90s but you obviously low on material currently. At least I would I have gotten a good laugh if you did.

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7989
Likes: 69 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Wed May 29, 2013 6:36 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Bullshit, the next Iron Man movie should adapt 'The Crossing' and turn RDJ into a brainwashed Avengers murdering puppet who'll then be stopped by his teenage self played by Shia LeBouf.

That concept practically prints the money itself.


But if Michael Bay directs it we'll get plenty of ass shots of Black Widow and Pepper Pots and that will guarantee an even bigger box office success.( Note the obvious sarcasm here).

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7989
Likes: 69 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 pm

syxxpakk wrote:As long as Shane Black plays it true to the script and/or however draco x wants the character to be interpreted. That is the only true measure of success.


And why would I want to upset you guys by asking your beloved Shane Black to cater to my whims and risk the wrath of more forum trolling whenever I open my mouth? Just to make it all better I shall personally apologize to Mr. Black and beg your forgiveness afterwards. ( Again note the sarcasm in my statement).

syxxpakk
User avatar

Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12268
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 12 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby syxxpakk » Wed May 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Anti-Life Mike wrote:Yet just because audiences will put up with shit doesn't a good movie make... :roll:


Except Chris hasn't said that it does.
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7989
Likes: 69 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Wed May 29, 2013 6:42 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:

Sounds like Iron Man 4 needs a character called the Cyborg Hyperion.


I was so hoping you would make a 90's crack on this thread and you didn't disappoint me. I bet in the next response you will compare me to Herald, right?

syxxpakk
User avatar

Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12268
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 12 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby syxxpakk » Wed May 29, 2013 6:43 pm

draco x wrote:
And why would I want to upset you guys by asking your beloved Shane Black to cater to my whims and risk the wrath of more forum trolling whenever I open my mouth? Just to make it all better I shall personally apologize to Mr. Black and beg your forgiveness afterwards. ( Again note the sarcasm in my statement).


If I asked you to read very clearly the parts where I said "I was disappointed by what they did with the Mandarin," maybe you would realize why your comment here isn't the smartest.
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7989
Likes: 69 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Wed May 29, 2013 6:45 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:

Sounds like Iron Man 4 needs a character called the Cyborg Hyperion.


Nah it will be Cyborg Mandarin actually who will be played by Russell Brand this time who will seek revenge on Trevor Slattery for stealing his personality.

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7989
Likes: 69 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
If I asked you to read very clearly the parts where I said "I was disappointed by what they did with the Mandarin," maybe you would realize why your comment here isn't the smartest.


That was directed more at the people don't agree with my opinion on the Mandarin hatchet job. Did you clearly read my statement?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 74 guests

Advertisement