Friday, July 29, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Because comics!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Jack Spaulding: Private Eye! (WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:28 pm

Well, since Jude Terror wanted it, here it is -- EVERY PAGE of Jack Spaulding: Private Eye right here on the BLUDNET!

I did these over a long span of time last year ... and the rush job shows a bit. I was drawing this on 8 1/2 by 11, and it was tough. (You might notice that 90% of the pages have crooked panels! :P) That was the last straw that drove me to plunk down the cash for some BlueLine boards. I also began to change my style soon afterwards ...

Enjoy! ;D

jayvee

luchadore

Postby jayvee » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:02 am

You should publish this through Wowio.com, if you haven't already gotten a deal here.

With Wowio, a person can download comics completely FREE (after you prove your identity) yet the person responsible for making the comic (or uploading it, at least) gets a minimum of 50 cents! It's nuts, but they're able to do it because, when you download a book (it's in PDF format), there are about 3 pages of ads from Verizon Wireless or EA Sport (or whatever sponsor they've gotten at the moment), so the company can actually afford to pay you!

Make some money off this damn thing, Spidey!

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:29 am

jayvee wrote:You should publish this through Wowio.com, if you haven't already gotten a deal here.

With Wowio, a person can download comics completely FREE (after you prove your identity) yet the person responsible for making the comic (or uploading it, at least) gets a minimum of 50 cents! It's nuts, but they're able to do it because, when you download a book (it's in PDF format), there are about 3 pages of ads from Verizon Wireless or EA Sport (or whatever sponsor they've gotten at the moment), so the company can actually afford to pay you!

Make some money off this damn thing, Spidey!

SPAAAAAAAM!!!

I keed, I keed. ;D

jayvee

luchadore

Postby jayvee » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:28 pm

Just trying to pass some useful information along. :)

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:52 pm

Man, that's a whole lot of work!

What are your future plans for Jack?

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:53 am

jsalwen wrote:Man, that's a whole lot of work!

What are your future plans for Jack?

Honestly, I don't have any. All the characters were conceptually created by Derek Parker, and I came up with their visual interpretations. I wouldn't do any stories with the character without Derek's permission. I have done a couple of pinups since, but that's about it.

leave a comment with facebook