Advertisement

Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Fenway
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1559
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:27 pm
Title: Girl Next Door


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby Fenway » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 pm

I really want to have faith in the success of this film, but I'm just not feeling it.
Read My Blog: http://justanotherwannabeclassic.tumblr.com/

Advertisement

Lord Simian
User avatar
The Lord of the Monkeys
 
Posts: 34813
Likes: 113 posts
Liked in: 204 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 am
Location: Poosting from The Outhouse


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 pm

chap22 wrote:not even close. :lol: :lol:

pretty much everything in the white Martians arc
Tomorrow Woman
Connor using the boxing glove arrow
Lex trying to "corporate takeover" the League
Batman showing Lex how it's actually done
Batman-as-Desaad
Connor and Atom killing Darkseid
Superman fighting an angel
Superman Blue actually being cool
the JSA team-up
Eiling as the Shaggy Man/the General
all the Kyle/Wally interactions


THIS.


chap22 wrote:hell, even Zauriel was cooler than Prometheus


Not so much that.

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10393
Likes: 83 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby superfictious » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
THIS.




Not so much that.


I thought Zariel was a good character, even if he was a rip-off of a dumbass Nic Cage/Meg Ryan movie. At least better than the character he was "replacing", Hawkman.

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18838
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 169 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Online


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 pm

False Prophet wrote:Making the inevitable comparisons:

if Loki could be the main villain in Avengers, then any decent villain should be good enough for a JL movie. If you're going by the Avengers formula, make the bad guys plan completely secondary to your heroes interactions


Parallax from the GL movie! I'd suggest a Nolan Batman villain but all of them save for Scarecrow are dead :lol:

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10393
Likes: 83 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby superfictious » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Parallax from the GL movie!


I'm sure Wonder Woman fighting yellow space-turd could be interesting.

I'd suggest a Nolan Batman villain but all of them save for Scarecrow are dead :lol:


Technically, Joker's still alive.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 210 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:36 pm

chap22 wrote:
there's a difference in losing and jobbing, and that's especially evident when the character, like Prometheus, is one who is all flash, no substance.

there was absolutely NOTHING to the character except a "kewl" costume, one quick "let me get this guy over by showing him outsmart the whole JL" moment, which was then immediately followed by him getting beat by a bullwhip to the junk from freaking Catwoman. Cat. Woman.

there was no depth to his character, no real plot or plan of any sort to speak of on his part beyond "embarrass the Justice League", no character motivation...nothing. Miorrison's Kool-Aid Brigade just jumped on him immediately as "OMG WOWZERS this guy is the greatest creation ever b/c G-Moz is so rad!!!!!!!!" but in the end, the super-villain had no clothes, and was there solely to look kewl in one issue only to job out in the very next.

at least characters like the Joker, Lex, Two-Face, etc have some hook to them, something in their character beyond powers or a suit, that makes them interesting. they may lose, but they're still interesting to read about, and have staying power beyond one or two appearances. Prometheus has none of that, and never did. he's a classic 90s "all attitude, no dimension" cipher of a jobber.


This statement is more based on a personal bias of the character rather than actual facts. I get the fact that you don't like the character and that's fine by me but I don't agree with what you said-and it's nothing to do with me being a so called Morrison fanboy which I am not.
And what you said about him having no motivation is so far off-His motivation was to stick it to the forces of justice after his parents were killed which mirrored what happened to Bruce when he was kid, which is why he was intended to be an anti-Batman character. You would have had me with your argument if you were to talk about the shitty Gotham Knights arcs where the character got turned into Hush's bitch or him getting owned by the likes of Alfred, Green Arrow or even Robin in Teen Titans( Which was retconned into it all being his teenage sidekick Chad). The main problem with Prometheus is the same problem Bane faced is that he had potential to be a good character but got fucked up by bad writing.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 210 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Fenway wrote:I really want to have faith in the success of this film, but I'm just not feeling it.


I agree. This whole thing just feels like a desperate response to the success of the Avengers movie despite the fact that they had many years to develop the JLA movie but sat on their asses until now.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 210 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Prometheus kinda sucked. The best thing he ever did was get punched in the face by Batman after he got Hawkined.

The best villains in Morrison's JLA was Darkseid and the Hyperclan.


Prometheus was kicking Batman's ass until Bat downloaded that info in his helmet. On a separate note, I do agree with you about Darkseid and the Hyperclan though.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 210 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:45 pm

chap22 wrote:not even close. :lol: :lol:

pretty much everything in the white Martians arc
Tomorrow Woman
Connor using the boxing glove arrow
Lex trying to "corporate takeover" the League
Batman showing Lex how it's actually done
Batman-as-Desaad
Connor and Atom killing Darkseid
Superman fighting an angel
Superman Blue actually being cool
the JSA team-up
Eiling as the Shaggy Man/the General
all the Kyle/Wally interactions


hell, even Zauriel was cooler than Prometheus


You lost me when you brought Zauriel up, bro.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 210 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:53 pm

habitual wrote:
You'd also have a reason to make several more movies and do a gradual build up as opposed to trying to cram it all into one movie.

I don't see how it could work and still be good at the same time.

Hab


I wouldn't be opposed to Darkseid appearing in any of the JLA films but I would save him for a sequel. The main bad guy I would most likely use would be Lex Luthor if anything.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 210 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 pm

False Prophet wrote:Making the inevitable comparisons:

if Loki could be the main villain in Avengers, then any decent villain should be good enough for a JL movie. If you're going by the Avengers formula, make the bad guys plan completely secondary to your heroes interactions


If that's the case then stick with Luthor as the main bad guy for the first JLA film.

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21385
Likes: 27 posts
Liked in: 133 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby chap22 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:35 pm

draco x wrote:This statement is more based on a personal bias of the character rather than actual facts. I get the fact that you don't like the character and that's fine by me but I don't agree with what you said-and it's nothing to do with me being a so called Morrison fanboy which I am not.

no, it's based on a personal bias against the character which itself is based on actual facts. dude's a jobber. and that's OK, i've been known to like some jobbers too. Batroc and Crazy-Quilt are 2 of my favorite villains, and they're morts from the word go. well, OK, C-Q is...Batroc's just an unappreciated badass. :-D


The main problem with Prometheus is the same problem Bane faced is that he had potential to be a good character but got fucked up by bad writing.

yeah, including bad writing by Morrison. again...jobber from the word go.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 210 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:39 pm

chap22 wrote:no, it's based on a personal bias against the character which itself is based on actual facts. dude's a jobber. and that's OK, i've been known to like some jobbers too. Batroc and Crazy-Quilt are 2 of my favorite villains, and they're morts from the word go. well, OK, C-Q is...Batroc's just an unappreciated badass. :-D



yeah, including bad writing by Morrison. again...jobber from the word go.


So this is more of anti-Morrisson rant rather than your hate for one of his characters then?

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21385
Likes: 27 posts
Liked in: 133 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby chap22 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:52 pm

draco x wrote:
So this is more of anti-Morrisson rant rather than your hate for one of his characters then?

no, it's a hate for Prometheus, part of which is based on the fact that internet fans everywhere gushed over him just b/c he was a "Morrison character." look, i am NOT a huge fan of Morrison, i admit that. but i LOVE his JLA. loved it then, still love it now. but that doesn't mean every idea is a winner. and IMMO, Prometheus is a turd who belongs nowhere near a JLA movie. or comics.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 210 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Justice League Movie Villain Revealed

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:14 pm

chap22 wrote:no, it's a hate for Prometheus, part of which is based on the fact that internet fans everywhere gushed over him just b/c he was a "Morrison character." look, i am NOT a huge fan of Morrison, i admit that. but i LOVE his JLA. loved it then, still love it now. but that doesn't mean every idea is a winner. and IMMO, Prometheus is a turd who belongs nowhere near a JLA movie. or comics.


We'll have to agree to disagree then, bro.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Sarahroo, Yahoo [Bot] and 59 guests

Advertisement