fieldy snuts wrote:are there any series you guys would recommend that are kinda grounded, avoid the more outlandish anime aspects yet still deliver good action? just seen black lagoon seasons 1 & 2 and am getting 3 which i enjoyed.
Since you like Black Lagoon, you should like Jormungand seasons 1 & 2.
Then for what you described, one of my all time favorites - Hyouka. It's a detective/love story of sorts.
Thing is, all the rest are light comedies that are cute but otherwise fluff. So stuff that is good and kind of tame -
- a character exploration as a small high school club becomes the labrats of some sort of alien/supernatural being(s). Good melodrama.
- short anime, cute with some silly. Basically set in a shopping arcade (mall) where a talking bird has arrived looking for a human girl
to marry his human prince. The series has some cute comedy and character explorations. Very charming and sweet.
Stuff that goes more outlandish but are very good.
Nisemonogatari (Bakamonogatari sequel)
- Another favorite of mine. Based on a series of light novels, it involves a high school student dealing with supernatural entities that affect people in his life. Very sureal, tons of text flashed to catch, interesting and eccentric characters. Amazing series.
- Another favorite of mine. Horror series. I'm not a horror fan but this one knocked it out of the park for me. Shock value made.
Sword Art Online
- Another favorite of mine. One of the most popular anime in years. Set in a virtual world.. things go FUBAR and it becomes a life or death battle. It's split over two seasons and two VR worlds. Great stories and characters.
- short anime, action comedy. Sort of fight club meets supermarket prepared meals. Hilarious stuff. But a bit outlandish at times.