Sunday, January 21, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:37 pm

The dub work there = :smt078

I saw that series. It was stupid and went no where. Perfect for Herald. It had lots of nudity and nothing else.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Fruits Basket's Daichi Helms Ninja Gag Anime Hana no Zundamaru

Anime Bancho's YouTube channel began streaming a promotional video to announce that Jiro Tsunoda's ninja gag comedy manga Ninja Awate-maru is inspiring a new original net anime called Hana no Zundamaru:

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Binbogami-ga's Sukeno Starts Sōsei no Onmyōji Fantasy Manga

The November issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine announced last week that Binbogami-ga! manga creator Yoshiaki Sukeno will start a new series titled Sōsei no Onmyōji (Onmyōji of Disaster). The series is described as "two stars (a boy and a girl) reaching each other after traveling the skies for a thousand years — a new fantasy about the forces of Ying and Yang." The first chapter of the "new-generation onmyō (ancient Japanese occultism) fantasy" will run in the November issue on October 4 with a color page and art on the magazine cover.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Lately life has been hell for my family. My brother is a drug addict and this week he stole my mom's computer and sold it so he could buy more drugs. This really is a nightmare, and it's driving me crazy, so in case any of you think I've been aggressive here or in other threads is because I'm going through all these problems.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Arion wrote:Lately life has been hell for my family. My brother is a drug addict and this week he stole my mom's computer and sold it so he could buy more drugs. This really is a nightmare, and it's driving me crazy, so in case any of you think I've been aggressive here or in other threads is because I'm going through all these problems.

Best of luck to you and your family. Try to take it easy.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Best of luck to you and your family. Try to take it easy.

Thank you.

I'm just going to bed now. I feel really tired.

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
The dub work there = :smt078

I don't think the dub is the main attraction here. :P :wink:

I saw that series. It was stupid and went no where. Perfect for Herald. It had lots of nudity and nothing else.

So it's highly recommended, then! :-D

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Arion wrote:Lately life has been hell for my family. My brother is a drug addict and this week he stole my mom's computer and sold it so he could buy more drugs. This really is a nightmare, and it's driving me crazy, so in case any of you think I've been aggressive here or in other threads is because I'm going through all these problems.

Sorry to hear it, man. Hope things get better for you!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Okay, made some headway on the new season of anime, so here's some ratings and thoughts on those I've watched so far and that are new.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 ***/***
Gundam Unicorn ***/***
Ghost in the Shell Arise ***/***
Kyoukai no Kanata ***/*** - This is one of the best for this year so far. It's funny given that I recently watched the tou franchise Garo and this has some similar concepts in it. Great animation, great music, the characters are hard not to like. Just walk into this blind folks, I did and it gave this a fantastic impact. You won't be sorry. It's charming, funny, has great action and yes.. a budding romance. Two episodes in and wanting more. Tons of moe.
Galilei Donna ***/*** - Another with great animation, music and very likable characters. Borderlines onto a Miyakai story style with the character interactions. Basically, this is the adventure of three sisters whom are the descendents of Galileo Galilei. Appears he created some sort of treasure in this near future world with amazing fish themed flying ships. Great stuff so far with the first episode.

Valvrave the Liberator **/**
Saint Seiya Omega **/***
Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Ars Nova **/*** - This is a mech fans show of sorts. Basically a super submarine that looks like a WWII I Class submarine. Our heroes who control the sub are renegades stuck between the mysterious Fog Fleet that has sort of conquered the world with it's huge fleet of WWII like battleships that all possess very advanced weapons. Our hero sub, the Blue Steel, is a renegade Fog Fleet ship that was ordered to be under the command of a human. Oh, each Flog Fleet ship has a girl as it's AI/Controller.

BlazBlue - Alter Memory */*** - Strange anime. Hard to tell what really is going on so far other then the main character is some badass out for revenge while the authorities are after him. May be some sort of vampire and maybe one that keeps getting resurrected to try to take down some particular enemy.
Gundam Build Fighters */*** - Yu-Gi-Oh! meets Gundam model kits. A time killer at best. Piece of shit otherwise for a Gundam fan.
Outbreak Company */*** - An otaku becomes the ambassador to an alternate world with magic. Yawn. The other world is ruled by a kid, an angry girl of a kid.
NouKome */*** - Strange, twisted anime. Harem anime. Basically some poor high school bastards life is turned to hell as he is forced by some unseen force to make a choice between two selections. The force is a real asshole, if he does quickly choose, severe pain and the choices are almost always sick and twisted leading to the guy being an outcast that has only other outcasts (all girls to note) to "befriend" him. That is until one day he gets a nice choice. Thus ends the first episode.. a large breasted girl fell out of the sky to land on him. All I could think is that all the girl characters are redone from other anime/manga. Practically archetype or stereotype designs.
Gingitsune */*** - Charming fluff about a cute shrine maiden who acts as the speaker for the herald of her shrine, a silver fox spirit. Bit boring. Okay boring.
Samurai Flamenco */*** - Silly and boring show about a beat cop suckered into befriending an idiot who wants to be a super-hero. The idiot happens to be a male model so... has money. Heart in the right place I guess, but his brains... are some where else not to be found it seems.
Non Non Biyori */*** - Cute friendship drama of sorts in a grade school. Didn't get through the first episode. Well animated though and could be a good time killer.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Herald wrote:
I don't think the dub is the main attraction here. :P :wink:

So it's highly recommended, then! :-D

I told you when it was first run in Japan that it was a show for you. :x

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I told you when it was first run in Japan that it was a show for you. :x

I must have forgotten. :oops:

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:BlazBlue - Alter Memory */*** - Strange anime. Hard to tell what really is going on so far other then the main character is some badass out for revenge while the authorities are after him. May be some sort of vampire and maybe one that keeps getting resurrected to try to take down some particular enemy.

You need to get some familiarity with Japanese video games and the like. :P This show is based on a popular fighting game. Context is key!

NouKome */*** - Strange, twisted anime. Harem anime. Basically some poor high school bastards life is turned to hell as he is forced by some unseen force to make a choice between two selections. The force is a real asshole, if he does quickly choose, severe pain and the choices are almost always sick and twisted leading to the guy being an outcast that has only other outcasts (all girls to note) to "befriend" him. That is until one day he gets a nice choice. Thus ends the first episode.. a large breasted girl fell out of the sky to land on him. All I could think is that all the girl characters are redone from other anime/manga. Practically archetype or stereotype designs.

So, another highly recommended show! :-D

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Herald wrote:
I must have forgotten. :oops:

It was a year or so ago.

Those t&a shows blur after a while... hence why I'm not a big fan of them.

Now go watch Uchouten Kazoku!! Good stuff! :wink:

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Herald wrote:You need to get some familiarity with Japanese video games and the like. :P This show is based on a popular fighting game.

Eh, it felt like a video game. Those types of shows are either a hit or a miss.

Herald wrote:So, another highly recommended show! :-D

For you sure. :roll:

It has it's funny moments.

Really though... go watch the stuff I rate high. Considering that it is the stuff that I am really recommending.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Some Kyoukai no Kanata animated gifs -

Galilei Donna -

leave a comment with facebook