Advertisement

Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 206 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby Herald » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:53 pm

Also, because there was a real-life violent murder in Japan at the time, that infamous last episode was originally replaced by 30 minutes of a "Nice Boat" floating peacefully on the water. That proved ironic, because the actual episode had a peacefully floating boat as well, but the people in it weren't. :wink:

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:03 pm

Think that ending when you get a threesome in such a fucked up scenario takes away from the realism :lol:

Personally I was just struck by the parallels of relationships and characterisations and consequences both experienced and observed I've seen IRL. Whereas most shows even the darkest ones seem to take an optimistic and romanticism approach to convoluted relationships it perfectly summed up how deeply fucked in the head you can get when things go wrong.

But yeah, like I said... it was surprisingly real minus carving out your rivals uterus to check for a fetus.

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:19 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Think that ending when you get a threesome in such a fucked up scenario takes away from the realism :lol:

To be fair, you get to determine many of the male character's decisions in the game, so you have the chance to make better choices. The anime shows what happens if you choose to be a total Jerkass to the girls.

Personally I was just struck by the parallels of relationships and characterisations and consequences both experienced and observed I've seen IRL. Whereas most shows even the darkest ones seem to take an optimistic and romanticism approach to convoluted relationships it perfectly summed up how deeply fucked in the head you can get when things go wrong.

But yeah, like I said... it was surprisingly real minus carving out your rivals uterus to check for a fetus.

Sometimes, you just gotta know THAT badly. :smt102 :P

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:21 pm

I should find a walkthrough for the threesome ending and try it IRL for laughs. My severed head will let you know how it goes.

Matter of fact, if it works I might mass it to arpy in that other thread.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 400 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:23 pm

ARION!

Saint Seiya CG Film Coming to Mexico, Peru

Film distribution company Diamond Films announced via Facebook that it will release the Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary CG film in Mexico and Peru this year.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Super Radical Gag Family Sequel Manga Gets New TV Anime

This year's 10th issue of Akita Shoten's Weekly Shōnen Champion magazine is announcing on Thursday that a television anime adaptation of Kenji Hamaoka's comedy manga Maido! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku has been green-lit. The slapstick gag comedy follows a second-grade boy named Kotetsu Ōsawagi and his misadventures with his family and friends in Urayasu City, near Tokyo.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Oh yes! That's what I wanted to hear.

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:30 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I should find a walkthrough for the threesome ending and try it IRL for laughs. My severed head will let you know how it goes.

Hopefully, the girls you find will just be Tsundere (Cat's favorite word!) instead of Yandere. They'll probably still physically hurt you, but at least the hits won't be life-ending. :wink:

Yeah, I've skimmed that thread. He should probably get "trained" on some of the nicer harem games.

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:53 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I should find a walkthrough for the threesome ending and try it IRL for laughs. My severed head will let you know how it goes.

Almost forgot! You're gonna need this (and no, it's not a trope entry!): A guide on how to win a yandere and live with her. Have... "fun"!! :D

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Herald wrote:
Almost forgot! You're gonna need this (and no, it's not a trope entry!): A guide on how to win a yandere and live with her. Have... "fun"!! :D

Ah , I see.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Grudge & Zaborgar Directors Make 2nd Yamishibai Anime Season

The official website for the Yami Shibai (Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories) horror anime announced on Monday that the project will continue this summer. The original series will also re-air beginning in April. The broadcast dates and times have not yet been announced.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Next Yamato 2199 Film Slated for Late Fall

The official website for the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 anime project updated on Tuesday and unveiled the late Fall opening date for the previously announced brand new film.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:25 pm

New Saint Seiya Episode.G Manga Series Slated For April 5

The 42nd issue of Akita Shoten's Champion RED Ichigo magazine announced on Wednesday that Megumu Okada and Masami Kurumada's new Saint Seiya Episode.G manga will launch in the 43rd issue on April 5. The new manga will be titled Saint Seiya Episode.G. ~Assassin~ and will feature a 54-page first chapter with a color opening page.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Domo Marks 15th Anniversary With Japanese/American TV Special
Domo (Domo-kun), the mascot of Japanese public broadcaster NHK, is celebrating his 15th anniversary with Domo Hollywood e Iku! (Domo Goes to Hollywood!), a television special which will premiere on March 28. Josh Selig (Wonder Pets, Go, Baby!, Oobi!, 3rd & Bird) wrote and directed the Japanese/American project at his Little Airplane Productions studio, which has won 10 Emmy Awards.

NHK describes the story: One day, Domo gets an unexpected call on his mobile phone! "We want you to do a concert in Hollywood. Please come over now!" His chest swelling with anticipation, Domo heads to the airport with his guitar in one hand, Mr. Usaji (Usajii), and Tashanna (Taa-chan). However, he is told that "you cannot carry your guitar aboard the airplane." Unwilling to let go of his precious guitar, Domo is left behind as the plane takes off with Mr. Usaji and Tashanna. Domo is left all alone. But, he spots some skateboarders on TV and has a sudden inspiration to skateboard to Hollywood. Domo's great adventure on his way to Hollywood is about to begin.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:08 pm

"Parasyte" Anime Listed for Fall

A preview of upcoming Line Gatcha capsule toys is listing that a Parasyte TV anime will debut this October. The series adapts Hitoshi Iwaaki's sci-fi manga about a teenage boy who develops a symbiotic relationship with an alien invader after it burrows into his hand rather his brain as the species intended.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum