Advertisement

Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 98 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby Arion » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:43 pm

sdsichero wrote:Isn't it obvious? The font.

Ah green letters. I totally love them too.

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 511 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Novels Get New Anime

The latest stage production of Yoshiki Tanaka's space opera novel series Legend of the Galactic Heroes opened on Wednesday, and it ended with an announcement of a new anime adaptation. Tanaka's secretary Hirofumi Adachi confirmed the news, and relayed the producer's comments that the new anime is not a remake of the earlier anime, but another anime adaptation of the original novels with a new staff.

The story follows the epic conflict between the Galactic Empire and Free Planets Alliance, as well as the personal stories of Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the Alliance's Yang Wen-Li.
Image Image Image ImageImage

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Why even fucking bother?

Exclusive: Director Jaume Collet-Serra Dishes His Vision for Akira

First it's this...

Collet-Serra: It's great that they're waiting for me. It's different, because you have to be respectful of the source material. Otomo adapted his own work from a manga into an anime and both things are completely different and genius. The only way to do a live version of "Akira" is to take the spirit and adapt it. It will be as different as the anime was from the manga.

Then....

CS: And we all have that original anime, it's there, nothing can sully it, so if you were going to do it in live-action one would hope you would bring something new to the table. What is it you are bringing specifically that is going to make it yours?

Collet-Serra: I hope that I can bring strong characters. In the original source material, I don't think the main characters are the protagonists. What I'm hoping is to bring characters.

CS: That's true. It's one of those strange stories where you literally never see the main character that is the namesake of the film!

Collet-Serra: Nobody's interesting. Tetsuo's interesting because weird sh*t happens to him, and Kaneda is so two-dimensional. That's part of the Japanese culture, they never have strong characters. They're used as a way to move the other philosophy forward.

Don't even show Akira? Uh... yes they do. And if the characters are so 2-D just don't do it. Please.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:29 pm

sdsichero wrote:Why even fucking bother?

Exclusive: Director Jaume Collet-Serra Dishes His Vision for Akira

First it's this...

Then....

Don't even show Akira? Uh... yes they do. And if the characters are so 2-D just don't do it. Please.

Oh, I need your help. Could you please click on the ad that is being displayed right under the followers box on my blog? I need to make sure if it's working properly. Just click on it and that's it.

http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:50 pm

For those who like this type of thing..

Jewelpet Magical Girl Anime Gets 6th TV Show in April

TV Tokyo opened a preview website on Thursday to announce that the sixth Jewelpet television anime series, Lady Jewelpet, will premiere on April 5 at 9:30 a.m. on TV Tokyo and its affiliates.

The story centers around Monona, a girl who attended the wedding ceremony of her big brother whom she adores. However, she is whisked away by a cute rabbit-shaped Jewelpet Ruby, and before she knew it, she is in a Jewelpalace where potential candidates to become a Lady have gathered. "Momona was selected by Ruby as the best female Ladyjewel candidate for the Queen of Jewelland!?"

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:47 am

how on earth is gurren lagann so hyped? what a load of shit and waste of bandwidth.

moving onto ergo proxy.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:56 pm

I drunk too much last night. Not feeling too good now.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:29 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:how on earth is gurren lagann so hyped? what a load of shit and waste of bandwidth.

moving onto ergo proxy.

How much of Gurren Lagann did you watch?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Arion wrote:I drunk too much last night. Not feeling too good now.

Lie down, there may be more this weekend

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:36 pm

School Fantasy Manga Trinity Seven Has Anime in the Works

The official website for the Trinity Seven - 7-nin no Masho Tsukai manga is celebrating Valentine's Day by announcing on Friday that an anime adaptation is in the works.

In this "romantic comedy but sometime serious magical school story," life as Arata Kasuga knows it is wiped out by a bizarre incident known as "Collapse Phenomenon," which causes worldwide destruction and takes his cousin Hijiri Kasuga to the next world. To resolve the "Collapse Phenomenon" and bring back Hijiri, Arata enrolls in the Royal Biblia Academy. Waiting in the school are seven beautiful female magic users — the Trinity Seven.

Writer Kenji Saitō and artist Akinari Nao (Countrouble, Psycho Busters) launched the manga in Kadokawa's (Fujimi Shobo's) Monthly Dragon Age magazine in 2011, and Kadokawa published the seventh volume in December.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Detective Manga Kindaichi Case Files Gets New TV Anime

A new television anime adaptation of Yōzaburō Kanari and Fumiya Sato's detective manga Kindaichi Case Files (Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo) has been green-lit. This year's 12th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is making the announcement on Wednesday. The issue reports that the weekly anime will premiere on Saturday, April 5 at 5:30 p.m. on YTV, NTV, and their affiliates.

The manga follows Hajime Kindaichi, a high school boy who solves mystifying crimes. The story already inspired an earlier 1997-2000 television anime series with two films, a few television specials, and several original video anime.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:41 pm

2nd Persona 3 Film's 1st Trailer, Cast, & Staff Unveiled

The official website for the Persona 3 films updated at midnight on Saturday, and posted a new trailer for the upcoming Persona 3 the Movie #2 Midsummer Knight's Dream film.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:17 am

Pretty Rhythm Movie to Introduce New Character

The official Pretty Rhythm website announced on Friday that the Gekijōban Pretty Rhythm All-Star Selection Prism Show ☆ Top Ten movie will introduce a new character along with characters from the Pretty Rhythm anime series (Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream, Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future, Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live). The movie, set for release in Japan on March 8, will include the top ten songs from Pretty Rhythm franchise.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:20 am

Konami's Social Game Dragon Collection Gets TV Anime

TV Tokyo opened a preview website on Saturday to announce that Konami's social game Dragon Collection is getting a television anime. Dragon Collection will premiere on April 7 in the same 6:00 p.m. timeslot as the previously announced Oreca Battle anime.

Konami describes Dragon Collection as "a card collection game of mythological monsters and epic adventure! Unlock the sealed dragons to save the world!" The game debuted on the GREE mobile phone platform in Japan in 2010, and it already inspired Muneyuki Kaneshiro and Kyōta Shibano's Dragon Collection: Ryū o Suberu Mono manga from 2011 to 2012. It also spawned a trading card arcade game last year.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:24 am

Fate/Zero's Aoki Helms Nitro+ & Urobuchi's Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime

Nitroplus announced on Sunday that in-house writer Gen Urobuchi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Psycho-Pass, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) is working on the story for an original television anime project called Aldnoah.Zero this year. He is working again with his Fate/Zero director Ei Aoki (Ga-Rei: Zero, The Garden of Sinners, Hourou Musuko), and A-1 Pictures and TROYCA are jointly producing the anime.

The project's tagline reads, "Let justice be done. Though the heavens fall."

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum