Advertisement

Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 223 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:24 am

sdsichero wrote:How much of Gurren Lagann did you watch?

4 eps. The furry villain mecha pilots, the robots heads with arms and legs.....the most annoying 3 characters i've ever seen......

i've never wanted fictional characters to die so much in my life.

Advertisement

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:59 am

Looks like Viz is taking forever to edit the last Neon Genesis Evangelion volume.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 821 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:47 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:how on earth is gurren lagann so hyped? what a load of shit and waste of bandwidth.

moving onto ergo proxy.

fieldy snuts wrote:
4 eps. The furry villain mecha pilots, the robots heads with arms and legs.....the most annoying 3 characters i've ever seen......

i've never wanted fictional characters to die so much in my life.

It was the series as a whole that worked for folks.

Stay away from Kill La Kill, though it is a rather wild show at times. Same character designer.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 223 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:14 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:

It was the series as a whole that worked for folks.

Stay away from Kill La Kill, though it is a rather wild show at times. Same character designer.

Then it further proves the masses are made up of mostly stupid people. I've seen lighthearted/super fun happy shows before and get their charm....this was just shit.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 821 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:08 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Then it further proves the masses are made up of mostly stupid people. I've seen lighthearted/super fun happy shows before and get their charm....this was just shit.

To be honest, I've never watched the show in total, but I will admit that I've watched shows that did not work at all for me, that proved popular enough to have sequels. So we are not far apart in that belief you mention.

Right now, I have to also admit, that I am watching Space Dandy. I think it is, as a rated show, crap. But otherwise, it is strangely entertaining. Almost in a Terry Gilliam film sort of way. It's stupidity almost is an appeal. The absurdity adds to that and crassness more so.
Mind you, it also has one of the best soundtracks going for an anime this season as well. Kill La Kill is fairly similar but not so Gilliam.

Also, I have to say, Evangelion's popularity does not affect me. I like it but found it lacking in so many ways. It really was, to me at least, a well animated series that evokes thoughts of Twin Peaks. A show that was ultimately meaningless and heavily stylized while promising depth that was never there not intended.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:17 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:
To be honest, I've never watched the show in total, but I will admit that I've watched shows that did not work at all for me, that proved popular enough to have sequels. So we are not far apart in that belief you mention.

Right now, I have to also admit, that I am watching Space Dandy. I think it is, as a rated show, crap. But otherwise, it is strangely entertaining. Almost in a Terry Gilliam film sort of way. It's stupidity almost is an appeal. The absurdity adds to that and crassness more so.
Mind you, it also has one of the best soundtracks going for an anime this season as well. Kill La Kill is fairly similar but not so Gilliam.

Also, I have to say, Evangelion's popularity does not affect me. I like it but found it lacking in so many ways. It really was, to me at least, a well animated series that evokes thoughts of Twin Peaks. A show that was ultimately meaningless and heavily stylized while promising depth that was never there not intended.

About Neon Genesis Evangelion, did you only watch the anime or did you read the manga as well? I'd say they both complement each other quite nicely, and there is probably more depth in the manga.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 575 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:07 pm

Surreal Gag Moe Robot Anime X Maiden Promo Streamed

The Mainchi Shimbun paper's Mantan Web began streaming a promotional video the upcoming "surreal gag 3D anime" series X Maiden on Monday. The new anime, game, and pachinko design company Lambert is developing the series of shorts, which will premiere on Niconico on February 28 at 8:35 p.m. JST.

sdsichero

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Jump Next! Magazine to Run Every Other Month

This year's 12th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine announced on Monday that the seasonal Jump Next! magazine will now run every other month.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:30 pm

Berserk's Miura Draws Bonus Gigantomakhia Chapter

This year's fourth issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine announced on Friday that Kentarou Miura will publish a bonus chapter to the Gigantomakhia mini-series in the sixth issue on March 14. Gigantomakhia is set in a world 100 million years in the future.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 pm

sdsichero wrote:None for Cat (or the Old Doctor)

Kotobukiya Previews Bishoujo DC Comics Starfire and "Street Fighter" Juri

hello.

Starfire is touching that rock with the same enthusiasm that she would touch Dick Grayson's, er, dick...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Arion wrote:
Starfire is touching that rock with the same enthusiasm that she would touch Dick Grayson's, er, dick...

Do you share that same enthusiasm?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Rumiko Takahashi Draws New Rumic Theater One-Shot Manga

This year's fourth issue of Big Comic Original magazine is announcing on Thursday that popular manga artist Rumiko Takahashi will publish a new Rumic Theater (Takahashi Rumiko Gekijō) one-shot in the following issue on March 5. The "Majo to Dinner" (The Witch and Dinner) one-shot is being published as part of the magazine's 40th anniversary.

The story follows a man whose wife passed away. Even if he has success, he has no dreams. He is several years away from mandatory retirement. Then, the exceedingly beautiful and capable female president of his company invites him to dinner. Is this his lucky break? Or potential trouble? Or in this potential trouble, is there a lucky break?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Farewell to Weapons Trailer for Otomo's Short Peace English-Subtitled

The European branch of Namco Bandai Games began streaming an English-subtitled trailer for A Farewell to Weapons short in Katsuhiro Otomo's Short Peace project.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:52 pm

$168 eh? Hmn...

Macross Frontier Film Box's Expanded Contents Detailed in 4-Minute Video

Namco Bandai Games began streaming the full four-minute promotional video to formally unveil its "Macross Frontier the Movie 30th d Shudisuta b Box" set's contents on Wednesday. It also began streaming a tie-in commercial in 30- and 15-second lengths. The videos reveal that the bonus disc videos and design/art book are now twice as big as originally advertised.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum