Tuesday, May 22, 2018 • Evening Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Kari no Anime & Manga Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:11 pm

FYI

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:35 pm

Okojo to Yamane Animal Characters Get TV Anime Shorts

M&Bworks, the brand of illustrator Suzuna Takamura, announced on Tuesday that a television anime adaptation of Takamura's Okojo to Yamane (Weasel and Dormouse) characters has been green-lit.

The franchise centers on two friends: a naive weasel who likes cute and round things, and a dormouse who plays innocent. Together, they spend their days playing and having fun in short stories set in Nagano Prefecture

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:52 pm

TV Anime "Harukana Receive" Introduces New Visual of The Pair of Thomas Sisters

A new visual of the twin Thomas sisters, Claire and Emily from the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Nyoijizai's beach volleyball-themed manga Harukana Receive is introduced in the latest June 2018 issue of Houbunsha's Manga Time Kirara Forward released today in Japan. The anime's official website and Twitter have also posted the visual.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:30 am

Nice detail

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:09 am

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:14 am

I don't know why but I think that looks so cool. I want one.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Kenichi Sonoda's 'Project [B.B]' Anime Confirmed as 'Project Bean Bandit'

The official Twitter account for Kenichi Sonoda's "Project [B.B]" anime revealed on Monday that the "[B.B]" in the anime's title stands for "Bean Bandit," the name of the protagonist of Sonoda's Riding Bean manga.

Chicago's Anime Central convention will premiere a preview of the project this May. Sonoda will appear at the event with animation director and producer Shuzilow.HA (Shujirou Hamakawa) and composer Marco D'Ambrosio.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Gurihiru, who do work for Marvel, are character designers on this

TMS Entertainment Produces Space Bug CG TV Anime

Animation studio TMS Entertainment announced on Wednesday that it is producing an original 3DCG television anime series titled Space Bug. The show will premiere on Tokyo MX on July 8, and will air two 11-minute episodes every Sunday at 10:30 a.m.

The anime is set in the far future, and centers on insects left behind on a space station, who begin a grand journey to return to their hometown in Earth. The protagonists are the high-spiritied Midge, the smart Professor, and the perennially lazy Marbo.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:08 pm

Nio Nakatani's Bloom Into You Yuri Manga Gets TV Anime in October

The June issue of Kadokawa's Monthly Comic Dengeki Daioh magazine is revealing on Friday that a television anime adaptation of Nio Nakatani's Bloom Into You (Yagate Kimi ni Naru) yuri manga has been green-lit for an October premiere.

Seven Seas Entertainment publishes the manga in North America, and it describes the manga:

Yuu has always loved shoujo manga and awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes, and yet when a junior high classmate confesses his feelings to her...she feels nothing. Disappointed and confused, Yuu enters high school still unsure how to respond. That's when Yuu sees the beautiful student council president Nanami turn down a suitor with such maturity that she's inspired to ask her for help. But when the next person to confess to Yuu is Nanami herself, has her shoujo romance finally begun?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:53 pm

Grand Blue Dreaming Anime Reveals Main Cast, New Visual

The official website for the television anime adaptation of Kenji Inoue and Kimitake Yoshioka's Grand Blue Dreaming (Grand Blue) manga revealed a new visual and the show's main cast on Friday.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:13 pm

Goblin Slayer Novels Get New Manga Adaptation

This year's fifth issue of Square Enix's Monthly Big Gangan magazine announced on Wednesday that a new Goblin Slayer manga titled Goblin Slayer: Brand New Day will launch in the next issue on May 25. The manga is an adaptation of the original novels beginning with the fourth volume. Masahiro Ikeno is drawing the new series.

The series centers on a man who desires to become an "adventurer," but insists on only killing goblins. The story begins with a female priest who has just joined a party, but quickly gets in trouble. She is saved by the man known as the "Goblin Slayer," a man who is ranked Gold (third highest) in his local guild in subduing goblins. In the story, he says, "I won't save the world, I just kill goblins." After hearing rumors about him, a female elf approaches him with a request.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:41 am

sdsichero wrote:Have you partaken in manga before? What other titles or artists do you like?

Did you find something good for your 11-year old?

Relatively new to manga (unless you count Lone Wolf & Cub as manga).

I got her the first few Naruto books. She's liking them (and I'm trying to read ahead of her in case there's something too objectable).

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 am

Amoebas wrote:Relatively new to manga (unless you count Lone Wolf & Cub as manga).

I got her the first few Naruto books. She's liking them (and I'm trying to read ahead of her in case there's something too objectable).

Cool.

Yes, Lone Wolf and Cub is manga :D

The Japanese are a bit more liberal with sex and violence in their shonen titles (though not hardcore).

So even stuff like One Piece and Fairy Tail have kind of sexy girl portrayals in them but they are along the lines of Naruto.

Not to be sexist or anything, but has she tried Sailor Moon or Cardcaptor? They might have a sort of negative image of stereotype to some comic readers, but I know a lot of women who grew up with them and loved them.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:50 pm

interesting

Yoshikazu Yasuhiko Says Gundam: The Origin is His Last Anime

Illustrator and anime director Yoshikazu Yasuhiko revealed in an interview in the June issue of Kadokawa's Gundam Ace magazine on Thursday that the Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin anime will be his last anime "whatever happens."

leave a comment with facebook