Advertisement

Last Names

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Last Names

Postby Keb » Mon May 12, 2008 8:06 pm

I don't want to know your last name, I just want to say: pee ay are ay em ay en ay en tee ech ay em

second worst last name ever next to: (W.D.) Snodgrass
SHABBA!

Advertisement

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 52 posts

Re: Last Names

Postby KingPagla » Mon May 12, 2008 9:43 pm

I always thought Lipscomb is pretty bad.

I knew a family that had their last name legally changed from Outlaw to Inlaw.
I kid you, not.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Mon May 12, 2008 10:08 pm

I once saw a story about a woman named Ima Belcher.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Mon May 12, 2008 10:26 pm

I know a guy named Mike Tyson. True Story.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 269 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Tue May 13, 2008 2:48 am

I've met a Mr De'Ath before. And a Richard Head.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue May 13, 2008 3:06 am

Mr. De'Ath would be an awesome name.
SHABBA!

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Tue May 13, 2008 6:22 am

I went to high school with a John Johnson. Seemed a bit redundant to me. And I used to hang with a guy named Cash Money Moore.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Tue May 13, 2008 6:45 am

DeadFett wrote:I went to high school with a John Johnson. Seemed a bit redundant to me. And I used to hang with a guy named Cash Money Moore.

I would love to meet the Republicans that named their kid 'Cash Money'.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Tue May 13, 2008 7:12 am

last year we sent a James Brown and a Mickey Roony to prison. They looked different in real life.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Alex Delarge
Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Tue May 13, 2008 7:33 am

The thing that always interests me about last names is ones like Cruise, which you know for a fact is a made up name. When I hear some last names, I have a strong feeling that it is a fake last name and I wonder why it was chosen. Avoiding ethnic persecution? Who knows, but it is something that has always bothered me. I care about lineages and genealogy and when someone butchers their family name like that it pisses me off.

I also believe in the old Native American tradition of being given a name by your elders or parents. You don't own your name, it is given to you and you must make it your own.

Thomas Cruise Mapother IV damn it, that is your name!!!

You guys all remember the thread about my genealogy right?

I am a descendant of Kings!!!

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Tue May 13, 2008 7:47 am

I went to Elementary school with Scott Scott. That was his dad's name, too.

Alex Delarge
Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Tue May 13, 2008 8:29 am

L'Indépendant wrote:I went to Elementary school with Scott Scott. That was his dad's name, too.

My fiance had a "second family" she stayed with during her parent's divorce. We called them mom-squared and dad-squared. This Scott Scott should go by Scott-Squared or Scott-Cubed if his middle name is Scott too.

Bringing up the "squared" family leads me to a neat story...

I really enjoyed spending time with the squared family. They were the only family of the three that let us sleep in the same bed and mom-squared and I had the same taste in movies and lots of other things. It was an awesome situation. Dad-squared was a workaholic who worked what seemed like 20 hours a day, having to feed 5 children and a wife who didn't work because she needed to take care of them all day long. He was routinely grouchy, but none more than my own father, and you cannot really blame him given the situation. After working all that time he also found the time to personally repair any vehicles they used or any house-related fixing that needed doing. I remember coming over there to see a hole in the ceiling being told that dad-squared and put his leg through it the previous night. I even helped him repair one of their vehicles one night when he was in a bad mood. Good times.

After moving away post-graduation, we found out that the squared family got divorced. One day coming back from his usual what seemed like 20 hour work day, dad-squared came home to an empty house. Mom-squared had took everything from the house, kids included, and moved in with her man-hating best friend. Mom-squared didn't think that was radical enough of a life change so she also turned into a lesbian and had her interracial lesbian lover move in as well. She left dad-squared the house, which he slept in all alone, until one night he woke up to it burning down, and jumped out the window to safety. Poor guy.

Needless to say, she and I are not really on speaking terms after all that. Though it didn't help that the last time I went to see her, my beloved Lady Magdelane May got insta-fleas. While as far as I know she was not responsible for the house fire, the way she treated her husband was so sinister that I could not respect her after that. It had nothing to do with the lesbianism or interracial relationship as anyone who knows me knows that wouldn't bother me. It was just the way she changed from a person I knew, cared for and respected, into someone I no longer recognized. If she could treat her husband so cold and callous, how would she treat a friend who disagreed with her? Who knows, but I don't want to associate or be around such an unstable individual.

I hope you enjoyed this stroll through memory lane.

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Tue May 13, 2008 9:21 am

Cripes. :(

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Tue May 13, 2008 1:48 pm

I went to school with a girl named Candy Cain.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Tue May 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Zero wrote:I would love to meet the Republicans that named their kid 'Cash Money'.

This guy was far from a Republican.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum