Advertisement

Liefeld ran away... show's over, kids

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

investcomics
Birdman

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Liefeld called me out... continued...

Postby investcomics » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:29 am

pedi wrote:But, this isn't a dispute about quality of art.

It's a dispute that needs more professionalism. Your art SPEAKS for itself. Let your career and pencil do the talking that's all I'm saying.

Advertisement

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:02 am

pedi wrote:You're the moderator, sir... if you're saying no more fun, then no more fun :(... but, Jon thinks these boards shouldn't be censored, and I'm just telling it how I see it, whether or not some may think it makes both of us look equally bad... but, that's the difference between me and Rob, I'm not hiding.

I've got mod status but I mainly use it to get things a little more organized. Y'know, puting all the spam threads together and stuff. This is Jon and Jude's board and they aren't about censorship and I'm not closing anything or laying down the law.

I'm just telling it like it is.

You can sit here and wallow in the hate you're generating at Rob's board. You can even give some back. I just don't see the point. It doesn't help anything. It doesn't help you cool off and it doesn't stop them from doing it. It's almost self perpetuating until someone gets bored and the whole thing fizzles down to nothing with nothing solved and a lot of former friendships beyond repair.

Now, the proper thing to do is chalk it up to experience and work hard on moving forward instead of looking back. Cut ties with Rob... well, they're already cut but someone's still feeding you what's going on on his board. You need to respectfully tell that person to stop. They are making it all the more hard for you to move on because they keep firing you up.

Anyway, do what you do. I'm not here to force you to do anything. Maybe this is what you need. I guess we all deal in our own ways.

Mikeg
Snake On A Plane

Postby Mikeg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Pedi, I understand what your saying about leaving this stuff off of the newsarama boards, so I decided to come back over here. I had to sign up for an account. (I thought I already had one over here from the early days, guess not.) It took the night to get the account approved.

So heres my perspective of whats going on here. Honestly I think your the one who comes out looking bad out of all this. Even looking at the Pm's that you just posted on these boards, if you read through them, its clear that you are the one making the immature insults and really trying to personally attack someone who you suddenly have a vendetta against. Thats how this has looked from the start. Having said that, I know it takes two people to argue, and thats fine, honestly I could care less if you guys are arguing or whatever, who cares.

But NOW it seems that you are the one keeping this thing burning, so it makes me question your intentions with all this. Did you simply see an opportunity to gain a small following of people who took your side in the "falling out" with Liefeld. almost as if you wanted/felt you needed this controversy to catapult you a little. Knowing that Rob is a hotbed for controversy, honestly its not a bad strategy, but you dont come out looking very good from it all.

You and Rob obviously have a history of drama with each other, so to me, I really am not concerned with your argument, its how your handling yourself now. With these dramatic statements about getting your lifeline cut off and taking shots at all of us who hang out on the boards over there, when you were just there a few weeks ago having a great time.

You just seem to have launch this personal vendetta against Liefeld and its just seems sort of weird man. How has he really harmed you?? He offered you some work, after years of you guys talking about working together. You accepted, then declined. He got mad for obvious reasons and told you so. Now you are literally dragging this into the public like no bodies business and not letting it go. He offered You a job. Did he also kill your puppy while he was at it? I just dont get the animosity unless you have an ulterior motive. Which I am now thinking you must.

Thats my perspective. Just wanted to encourage you to just let it go. Your making fun of us, guys who have been hanging with you for years on the boards, some of us on your boards as well. Your coming off like a hurt, bitter person who will say anything to turn people against rob. But every post that you have shown between these and the ones in the original thread on the rama, show that you are the one acting childish, sort of shooting yourself in the foot.

Sorry for the long post. I just didnt want to come over here, make a short post that looked like a snarky shot at you. I just wanted to give you the respect of explaining what my position is on this. Honestly I didnt think you were going to start taking shots at us board members as well, thats really what got me into this. I think that was immature and paranoid, to think that this is some sort of cult or something. There is no conspiracy theory here. Just people hanging out.

scottmdavis
Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:28 pm

we need to get Rags Morales in here man. He said shit about Rob on the Rama board that got him banned!

BTW, MIKEY G!!! In the House!!
[center]Image[/center]

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:41 pm

Wait a minute, wha'd I say?? Oh snap! :o

See ya kids, it's been fun. :-*

Back to the drawing board.....
Last edited by pedi on Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Hey, just cause you're laying of Rob, I hope that doesn't mean you'll stop posting. :'(

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Dude, this here Bludnet forum is now my new home away from homes... so, I'm not stopping anything ;)

In fact, I just need to find a little time to start writing my weekly column as we discussed.

SO, no worries... and stay tuned, kids! ;)

scottmdavis
Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:12 pm

Pedi, I don't like that cheap shot you took at my buddy Venk. >:(
[center]Image[/center]

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:15 pm

Well, why don't you go write about it on your Blog, Scott... this here is no longer the place. :P ;)

scottmdavis
Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:21 pm

pedi wrote:Well, why don't you go write about it on your Blog, Scott... this here is no longer the place. :P ;)

oh thats it man.. its on.

where's that email..... :P
[center]Image[/center]

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Aight, but be warned.... since I've agreed to lay off..... if you do post that email I sent you, be prepared for the wrath of Venkman! ;)

(ok, that was it, honest)

scottmdavis
Factor 8

Postby scottmdavis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:30 pm

pedi wrote:Aight, but be warned.... since I've agreed to lay off..... if you do post that email I sent you, be prepared for the wrath of Venkman! ;)

(ok, that was it, honest)

I told Venk what you said about him, and he wants to know why you singled him out? and know that he was fat? :P

You asked me not to post the email and I won't, I will keep my word.
[center]Image[/center]

pedi
Factor 8

Postby pedi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Venkman should know, that I'm all over the internet, and I'm always watching.... that's how, and that's why. 8)

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:01 pm

I like Venks, or at least I did during my time on Rob's boards. Seemed like a cool guy.

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 556 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:41 pm

MikeyG on BludNet!!!!! I'm going to quit my job so I stop missing everything good. I agree, Mikey and Sharqqqqccccuuueeee are good guys.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum