Advertisement

Lords of the Rings Online

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Alex Delarge
Post Whore

Liked in: 0 post

Lords of the Rings Online

Postby Alex Delarge » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:19 am

A friend and I are going to start playing Lord of the Rings Online soon. I have been jonesin for some mmo gameplay, but the fiance has threatened to leave me if I go back to WoW and to be honest I don't want to play WoW anymore. I have been looking at LOTRO, which I have tried previously at launch, but now 5 updates later it looks completely solid. They have updated that game almost every 2 months for a year, not counting a Christmas layover. The updates are top to bottom some of the best I have seen in mmo gaming. Players housing, new "hobbies" like fishing, etc. and an expansion is on the way this fall. Most of the new stuff is accessible by the masses and not just the hardcore raiders. I am in love.

It looks awesome, plus I want to buy a house, catch a big fish, and plaque it on the wall. I have always wanted to do that. Now I can. Also, it will allow me and my friend, who I am moving away from, an interactive way to keep in touch. And now that I wont be depressed about my job 24/7, I can enjoy my free time.

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 196 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:04 pm

I could never play those mmorpg thingies because I know I wouldn't surface from my bedroom for a good four month. I didn't even know there was a LOTR one.

I feel like watching the movies now.
SHABBA!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby misac » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:37 pm

Keb wrote:I could never play those mmorpg thingies because I know I wouldn't surface from my bedroom for a good four month. I didn't even know there was a LOTR one.

I went throgh that when I got Age of Empires. I've never played an MMO for that reason.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Keb wrote:I could never play those mmorpg thingies because I know I wouldn't surface from my bedroom for a good four month. I didn't even know there was a LOTR one.

I lost 2 years of my life to Star Wars Galaxies. Every night when I got home from work I would play until about 7 in the morning.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:51 pm

DeadFett wrote:I lost 2 years of my life to Star Wars Galaxies. Every night when I got home from work I would play until about 7 in the morning.
:shock:

That's a lot of years.
SHABBA!

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Keb wrote::shock:

That's a lot of years.

Oh yeah. Two of my friends played also. So, we'd help each other with missions and stuff. Plus, I got to know some people pretty well. Then they totally changed the way the game played and it wasn't as fun anymore.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:09 pm

I almost asked for a subscription to that when it came out. I think it was around when I was in first year. Good thing I didn't because I'd have probably failed first year :P
SHABBA!

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Keb wrote:I almost asked for a subscription to that when it came out. I think it was around when I was in first year. Good thing I didn't because I'd have probably failed first year :P

It was addictive. I would've failed if I was in school at the time. It had a great profession system. Then they totally changed it.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:18 pm

DeadFett wrote:It was addictive. I would've failed if I was in school at the time. It had a great profession system. Then they totally changed it.
I knew some guys who played on of those fantasy ones, not Everquest, I think it was called Lineage or something. Well, the one guy bought the account and it came with three characters so they each played a character. They would talk about that damn game all class. It bothered me.
SHABBA!

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:24 pm

One of the guys I worked with played Galaxies with me. Our other coworkers got sick of hearing us talk about it as well. We talked about what we did the night before and what we were going to do that night.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:28 pm

DeadFett wrote:One of the guys I worked with played Galaxies with me. Our other coworkers got sick of hearing us talk about it as well. We talked about what we did the night before and what we were going to do that night.
I don't see how that's not unlike two party boys talking about their weekend plans at work.

Minus the whole meeting chicks thing :P
SHABBA!

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Keb wrote:I don't see how that's not unlike two party boys talking about their weekend plans at work.

Minus the whole meeting chicks thing :P

Actually, I did met a woman playing Galaxies. She was from California. You would have to go watch entertainers to get rid of your battle fatigue. So, we started chatting when I was in the cantinas. I got to know her pretty good.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:35 pm

That's not bad. Didn't someone here meet their significant other playing an mmorpg?
SHABBA!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby misac » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Keb wrote:That's not bad. Didn't someone here meet their significant other playing an mmorpg?

Bobb and Vickie.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Yeah, that's right. That's pretty neat, I think.
SHABBA!

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum