Advertisement

Lost Season 4 Finale *SPOILERS - SPECULATION*

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 158 posts

Postby misac » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:32 pm

cernunnos wrote:I wonder if Frank has to go back to the island along with the others. Even if he doesn't, I would still like to see more of Frank on Lost. Sawyer calling him Kenny Rogers was pure comedy gold! 8) :lol:

Good question, there's also Ji Yeon. Does she have to go back too? And now that I think about it, they have to take Locke's body back it makes me think that Micheal and Jin are still alive. No way could they find their bodies.

I liked when Sawyer called Miles Bruce Lee and the Ghengis. :D

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:32 pm

DaReekstah wrote:He can't go back because he doesn't know where it is. But you KNOW he desperately wants to go back. He's grouping himself with the Oceanic 6-ers because he knows the island will let them back.. so if they find the way back to the island, and he's with them, he'll be able to return.

Maybe he'll go bad and do anything to get back.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:52 pm

misac wrote:Maybe he'll go bad and do anything to get back.

He's already bad! :twisted:

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:55 pm

misac wrote:Good question, there's also Ji Yeon. Does she have to go back too? And now that I think about it, they have to take Locke's body back it makes me think that Micheal and Jin are still alive. No way could they find their bodies.

I liked when Sawyer called Miles Bruce Lee and the Ghengis. :D

I'm pretty sure Michael is dead. There is virtually no way he could survive that. He was practicaly on top of the bomb, and he no longer had the island's protection. Remember, Christian Shepard appeared to him just before the bomb blew and basically said his job was done.

Jin, on the other hand.. he was pretty close to the edge of the freighter. It's not unreasonable to think that he was blown off and into the water. And remember, Daniel's second raft trip to the freighter never got there (unless I misremember).. so Daniel is still out there on the little raft with some other survivors. If Jin is in the water somewhere, there's your out..

Daniel finds Jin and they're floating on a boat somewhere in the Pacific.

Spidey-Man

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Spidey-Man » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:59 pm

DaReekstah wrote:He can't go back because he doesn't know where it is. But you KNOW he desperately wants to go back. He's grouping himself with the Oceanic 6-ers because he knows the island will let them back.. so if they find the way back to the island, and he's with them, he'll be able to return.

I agree he will go back but I don't think Ben is one of those who has to go back.

Not sure if Desmond is either.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Spiderrob wrote:I agree he will go back but I don't think Ben is one of those who has to go back.

Not sure if Desmond is either.

What the.. you watch LOST?! :? :shock:

Spidey-Man

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Spidey-Man » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Exclusive: Harold Perrineau clarifies the record on his departure from 'Lost': 'I was disappointed...I wouldn't say I'm bitter'

If Michael’s demise raised some eyebrows, so did some comments that Perrineau made in a recent interview about his departure. He voiced unhappiness with the end of his story line, which he also saw as having racial implications.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You expressed displeasure with the way your story line ended, calling it “not cool.” Do you feel bitter about what happened?
HAROLD PERRINEAU: I wouldn’t say I’m bitter. I’m just like the fans, and I got excited when Michael was coming back. I thought it was really significant when Michael dropped those people off with the Others; I thought he was going to have something just as significant when he came back. I was disappointed that he didn’t. He didn’t get to make amends with those people. And nobody got to see [him try to neutralize the bomb]. Walt didn’t get to see it. Jin got to see it, but wasn’t necessarily so mad at him. And Desmond, who Michael didn’t know at all, was there. I was disappointed more than anything, like the fans were disappointed. Like I think the fans were disappointed.

You were quoted as saying that the loss of Michael meant that Walt "winds up being another fatherless child, [and] it plays into a really big, weird stereotype." Did you voice that concern to the producers?
There’s not been any conversation about that. That was just my point-of-view in an interview. This is nothing that I’ve ever talked to the writers about, or I think is necessarily anything I should talk to them about. Their job is to make the story work. My feelings about the social implications are my feelings. My feelings don’t determine what the storyline is.

Do you regret going public with your feelings?
I should probably think more before I say things. I should especially think before I say anything racial, because I recognize that when you make a racial comment it polarizes people. That was never the intention. It’s like, “No, no, no, don’t choose sides. I’m just telling you this is what I think. Everybody stay on whatever side you’re on; this is my point-of-view.” I should think about those things, and then unfortunately what happens is I just start to talk — like I’m doing now, I should probably shut up. [laughs]

more at link

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/06/lost-harold-per.html

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:32 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I'm pretty sure Michael is dead. There is virtually no way he could survive that. He was practicaly on top of the bomb, and he no longer had the island's protection. Remember, Christian Shepard appeared to him just before the bomb blew and basically said his job was done.

Jin, on the other hand.. he was pretty close to the edge of the freighter. It's not unreasonable to think that he was blown off and into the water. And remember, Daniel's second raft trip to the freighter never got there (unless I misremember).. so Daniel is still out there on the little raft with some other survivors. If Jin is in the water somewhere, there's your out..

Daniel finds Jin and they're floating on a boat somewhere in the Pacific.

Well I guess Michael is officially dead.

Jin gets picked up by Daniel, then they get picked up by Penny. Desmond is Daniel's constant so it'd make sense to have them meet finally.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 pm

misac wrote:Well I guess Michael is officially dead.

Jin gets picked up by Daniel, then they get picked up by Penny. Desmond is Daniel's constant so it'd make sense to have them meet finally.

They already met (other than in the past).. when Daniel got to the freighter with the first batch of survivors, including Jin and Sun. Desmond was the one who dropped the ladder for them and helped everyone get up, and then he and Daniel waved to one another as Daniel told him he was going back for another trip.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:57 pm

I forgot about that. If they do get back together it would still give them something to do.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:01 pm

misac wrote:I forgot about that. If they do get back together it would still give them something to do.

I still want an explanation for Daniel's crazy 1996 hair and being such a jerk back then.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:07 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I still want an explanation for Daniel's crazy 1996 hair and being such a jerk back then.

:-D He reminds me of Michael J. Fox.

Woody
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Woodrow if you're nasty

Postby Woody » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:22 pm

I feel pretty confident that the rafties were transported with the island

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:33 pm

Woody wrote:I feel pretty confident that the rafties were transported with the island

I'm not sure. It's a pretty big plotpoint, considering the possible implications on Jin (if he is alive) to just leave hanging without telling us one way or another. The only reasoning for this that I can think of is that they'll use the raft to show us the aftermath of the freighter explosion. Otherwise, wouldn't they have just shown it be transported?

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 42 posts

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:36 pm

misac wrote:Jin gets picked up by Daniel, then they get picked up by Penny.
Why would this happen?
If Penny were to find Daniel and Jin it would have happened around the time she found the 6 + 2.
Remember after the rescue we cut to a few (4?, 6?) weeks later for the drop off.

I'm with Woody; I think the island took the raft - and the freighter wreckage and Jin.
Did the helicopter bunch see the freighter wreckage after the island moved?
They left the Island and went past the freighter which was at this point closer to the Island.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum