Advertisement

Lost Season 4 Finale *SPOILERS - SPECULATION*

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:39 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Remember after the rescue we cut to a few (4?, 6?) weeks later for the drop off.

Wait.. what? Are you saying that after they got on Penny's boat, they cut to 4-6 weeks later? I think you have that wrong, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Advertisement

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 45 posts

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Just watched it again and I'm positive that the raft went with the Island.
The shots go out with the white glow.
First we see Ben and the ice roon goes completely white, then we see Locke and his band of misfits and that shot goes white, then Sawyer and Juliet on the beach, same thing.
Then we cut to the people in the copter and that shot starts to go white, but not all the way. Then we cut to their POV of the Island and the surrounding area as it goes completely white. Then after afade from white to quick reaction shot, we see that the Island is gone.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:54 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Wait.. what? Are you saying that after they got on Penny's boat, they cut to 4-6 weeks later? I think you have that wrong, unless I'm misunderstanding.
Yup, that's what happened.
Maybe it was just days, but it did take them a chunk uf time to get to the populated Island.

Edit:
Just checked.

"One Week Later"

WHAT'S THIS PLACE CALLED?
MEMBATA.
MEMBATA.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS, DUDE? SAILING 3,000 MILES TO ANOTHER ISLAND?
BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP THEM SAFE.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:12 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Yup, that's what happened.
Maybe it was just days, but it did take them a chunk uf time to get to the populated Island.

Edit:
Just checked.

"One Week Later"

WHAT'S THIS PLACE CALLED?
MEMBATA.
MEMBATA.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS, DUDE? SAILING 3,000 MILES TO ANOTHER ISLAND?
BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP THEM SAFE.

I was gonna say.. that's a far cry from 4-6 weeks.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:12 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Just watched it again and I'm positive that the raft went with the Island.
The shots go out with the white glow.
First we see Ben and the ice roon goes completely white, then we see Locke and his band of misfits and that shot goes white, then Sawyer and Juliet on the beach, same thing.
Then we cut to the people in the copter and that shot starts to go white, but not all the way. Then we cut to their POV of the Island and the surrounding area as it goes completely white. Then after afade from white to quick reaction shot, we see that the Island is gone.

But no shots of the raft.

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The American
Formerly: Adroitly Chaotic, House of Me

Postby Jonathan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:33 pm

DaReekstah wrote:But no shots of the raft.

Yeah, but I don't think that they (the producers) would just "drop" Farraday and the rafties. I'll guess him and the others he was with "wash up on shore" of the island again next season.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:43 pm

Jonathan wrote:Yeah, but I don't think that they (the producers) would just "drop" Farraday and the rafties. I'll guess him and the others he was with "wash up on shore" of the island again next season.

I'd prefer it if they somehow get lost in time and suddenly 'reappear' in season 5.

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:46 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:I'd prefer it if they somehow get lost in time and suddenly 'reappear' in season 5.

That would just completely fuck with the viewers' minds, and let's face it, we're already fucked up from the flash-forwards, flash-backs and "present/island time."

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Jonathan wrote:That would just completely fuck with the viewers' minds, and let's face it, we're already fucked up from the flash-forwards, flash-backs and "present/island time."

True. That's why I love the idea. :twisted:

But at the same time it could make a lot of sense. Desmond is Faraday's 'tether', and Desmond's rearrival would be the key to the raft people reappearing.

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:True. That's why I love the idea. :twisted:

But at the same time it could make a lot of sense. Desmond is Faraday's 'tether', and Desmond's rearrival would be the key to the raft people reappearing.

......you know, doing that, it'd be INSANELY FUCKED UP if Faraday and the raft people could ONLY "come back" if Desmond "went back" in time....and had to stay! There goes his "happy ending"!

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:58 pm

Jonathan wrote:......you know, doing that, it'd be INSANELY FUCKED UP if Faraday and the raft people could ONLY "come back" if Desmond "went back" in time....and had to stay! There goes his "happy ending"!

I was never so sure about Desmond's happy ending anyway, considering Ben and his minion Sayid are on the prowl.

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:I was never so sure about Desmond's happy ending anyway, considering Ben and his minion Sayid are on the prowl.

I believe that ONE of the "couples" on LOST will have that happy ending, but you're right, I'm not sure if Desmond and Penny are the "one".

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:33 pm

DaReekstah wrote:But no shots of the raft.
:shock: I don't believe I left that out. That was the whole point of the post. :oops:

Yes, there was a shot of the raft going white before the wave (almost) reached the copter.

I was in a rush to leave work and got a call in the middlle of typing that.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:44 pm

Oh, and if the raft didn't go (into the future) with the Island, they would have seen the copter crash and tried to help the 6+2.

There's no doubt in my mind that the raft and the wreckage was caught in the Islands warp.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:17 am

Jonathan wrote:Yeah, but I don't think that they (the producers) would just "drop" Farraday and the rafties. I'll guess him and the others he was with "wash up on shore" of the island again next season.

Well, that's exactly what I'm saying. They wouldn't just leave that hanging. But we didn't see it's fate. If it was just shifted with the island, I think we'd have seen that. And since I believe Jin is still alive, it's a perfect way to bring Daniel and the rafties together with Jin.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum