Sunday, June 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Lost Season 4 Finale *SPOILERS - SPECULATION*

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:39 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Remember after the rescue we cut to a few (4?, 6?) weeks later for the drop off.


Wait.. what? Are you saying that after they got on Penny's boat, they cut to 4-6 weeks later? I think you have that wrong, unless I'm misunderstanding.
User avatar

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Just watched it again and I'm positive that the raft went with the Island.
The shots go out with the white glow.
First we see Ben and the ice roon goes completely white, then we see Locke and his band of misfits and that shot goes white, then Sawyer and Juliet on the beach, same thing.
Then we cut to the people in the copter and that shot starts to go white, but not all the way. Then we cut to their POV of the Island and the surrounding area as it goes completely white. Then after afade from white to quick reaction shot, we see that the Island is gone.
User avatar

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:54 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Wait.. what? Are you saying that after they got on Penny's boat, they cut to 4-6 weeks later? I think you have that wrong, unless I'm misunderstanding.
Yup, that's what happened.
Maybe it was just days, but it did take them a chunk uf time to get to the populated Island.

Edit:
Just checked.

"One Week Later"

WHAT'S THIS PLACE CALLED?
MEMBATA.
MEMBATA.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS, DUDE? SAILING 3,000 MILES TO ANOTHER ISLAND?
BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP THEM SAFE.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:12 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Yup, that's what happened.
Maybe it was just days, but it did take them a chunk uf time to get to the populated Island.

Edit:
Just checked.

"One Week Later"

WHAT'S THIS PLACE CALLED?
MEMBATA.
MEMBATA.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS, DUDE? SAILING 3,000 MILES TO ANOTHER ISLAND?
BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP THEM SAFE.


I was gonna say.. that's a far cry from 4-6 weeks.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:12 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Just watched it again and I'm positive that the raft went with the Island.
The shots go out with the white glow.
First we see Ben and the ice roon goes completely white, then we see Locke and his band of misfits and that shot goes white, then Sawyer and Juliet on the beach, same thing.
Then we cut to the people in the copter and that shot starts to go white, but not all the way. Then we cut to their POV of the Island and the surrounding area as it goes completely white. Then after afade from white to quick reaction shot, we see that the Island is gone.


But no shots of the raft.
User avatar

Jonathan

Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:33 pm

DaReekstah wrote:But no shots of the raft.


Yeah, but I don't think that they (the producers) would just "drop" Farraday and the rafties. I'll guess him and the others he was with "wash up on shore" of the island again next season.
User avatar

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:43 pm

Jonathan wrote:Yeah, but I don't think that they (the producers) would just "drop" Farraday and the rafties. I'll guess him and the others he was with "wash up on shore" of the island again next season.


I'd prefer it if they somehow get lost in time and suddenly 'reappear' in season 5.
User avatar

Jonathan

Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:46 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:I'd prefer it if they somehow get lost in time and suddenly 'reappear' in season 5.


That would just completely fuck with the viewers' minds, and let's face it, we're already fucked up from the flash-forwards, flash-backs and "present/island time."
User avatar

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Jonathan wrote:That would just completely fuck with the viewers' minds, and let's face it, we're already fucked up from the flash-forwards, flash-backs and "present/island time."


True. That's why I love the idea. :twisted:

But at the same time it could make a lot of sense. Desmond is Faraday's 'tether', and Desmond's rearrival would be the key to the raft people reappearing.
User avatar

Jonathan

Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:True. That's why I love the idea. :twisted:

But at the same time it could make a lot of sense. Desmond is Faraday's 'tether', and Desmond's rearrival would be the key to the raft people reappearing.


......you know, doing that, it'd be INSANELY FUCKED UP if Faraday and the raft people could ONLY "come back" if Desmond "went back" in time....and had to stay! There goes his "happy ending"!
User avatar

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:58 pm

Jonathan wrote:......you know, doing that, it'd be INSANELY FUCKED UP if Faraday and the raft people could ONLY "come back" if Desmond "went back" in time....and had to stay! There goes his "happy ending"!


I was never so sure about Desmond's happy ending anyway, considering Ben and his minion Sayid are on the prowl.
User avatar

Jonathan

Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:I was never so sure about Desmond's happy ending anyway, considering Ben and his minion Sayid are on the prowl.


I believe that ONE of the "couples" on LOST will have that happy ending, but you're right, I'm not sure if Desmond and Penny are the "one".
User avatar

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:33 pm

DaReekstah wrote:But no shots of the raft.
:shock: I don't believe I left that out. That was the whole point of the post. :oops:

Yes, there was a shot of the raft going white before the wave (almost) reached the copter.

I was in a rush to leave work and got a call in the middlle of typing that.
User avatar

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:44 pm

Oh, and if the raft didn't go (into the future) with the Island, they would have seen the copter crash and tried to help the 6+2.

There's no doubt in my mind that the raft and the wreckage was caught in the Islands warp.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:17 am

Jonathan wrote:Yeah, but I don't think that they (the producers) would just "drop" Farraday and the rafties. I'll guess him and the others he was with "wash up on shore" of the island again next season.


Well, that's exactly what I'm saying. They wouldn't just leave that hanging. But we didn't see it's fate. If it was just shifted with the island, I think we'd have seen that. And since I believe Jin is still alive, it's a perfect way to bring Daniel and the rafties together with Jin.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 36 guests