Advertisement

Lost Season 4 Finale *SPOILERS - SPECULATION*

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Lost Season 4 Finale *SPOILERS - SPECULATION*

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri May 30, 2008 8:21 am

HOLY CRAP! I just finished watching it and I literally have goosebumps. That was absolutely incredible, just... wow. Hands down the best episode of the series so far, and probably the best 2 hours of TV in history. I totally expected to be underwhelmed, but this blew me away...
Last edited by Thunderstorm on Fri May 30, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 259 posts

Postby misac » Fri May 30, 2008 12:59 pm

Yeah, I was so anxious for the two hours.

SPOILERS

So Locke's been a mole all along? It makes sense, but it was still a punch in the gut.

Sun and Widmore has me very curious. I hope she's just keeping her enemies closer and not flipped her lid.

I love Ben! He was planning on getting the six to the island even before visiting Jack. And that scene when he's moving the island was so awesome.

I wonder if Jin and Micheal are officially dead. They could have survived the explosion but they can't get back to the island. Unless they were picked up by Penny and Desmond. And I wonder what they plan on doing with Penny and Desmond.

Waiting for it to come back is going to be painful.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri May 30, 2008 1:12 pm

Locke hasn't been a Mole, he's just been someone who would eventually replace Ben... actually probably more like Ben has been a placeholder for Locke.

I feel pretty sure that Michael and Jin are alive. Remember, the Freighter was outside of the Islands 'barrier' until it moved. At that point, the people on the beach could see the Freighter. I'd bet that ALL of that got moved, but not the stuff in the air.

Penny and Desmond will have to have a role next season because of Ben hunting down Penny to kill her. Sun is continuing the theme of letting anger blind judgment, the same as Ben.

Also, I love how we have this on-island/off-island thing going on now. Plus, there's as many people on as there are off now... in the main cast at least.

Locke - Ben
Sawyer - Jack
Juliette - Kate
Jin - Sun
Michael - Walt
Claire - Aaron
Daniel - Desmond
Charlotte - Penny
Rose - Hurley
Bernard - Frank
Miles - Sayid

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri May 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Locke hasn't been a Mole, he's just been someone who would eventually replace Ben... actually probably more like Ben has been a placeholder for Locke.

I feel pretty sure that Michael and Jin are alive. Remember, the Freighter was outside of the Islands 'barrier' until it moved. At that point, the people on the beach could see the Freighter. I'd bet that ALL of that got moved, but not the stuff in the air.

Penny and Desmond will have to have a role next season because of Ben hunting down Penny to kill her. Sun is continuing the theme of letting anger blind judgment, the same as Ben.

Also, I love how we have this on-island/off-island thing going on now. Plus, there's as many people on as there are off now... in the main cast at least.

Locke - Ben
Sawyer - Jack
Juliette - Kate
Jin - Sun
Michael - Walt
Claire - Aaron
Daniel - Desmond
Charlotte - Penny
Rose - Hurley
Bernard - Frank
Miles - Sayid

To me it sounded like Locke was a bad guy after they left the island. But then again that's what I thought of Ben when he first showed up.

I'd forgotten that they could see the fire. But now I'm wondering if the bearing changed with the move will they be able to get to the island.

I'm very curious as to what they'll be doing with Penny and Desmond. I wonder what'll happen if Ben sends Sayid after her.

I wonder if there'll be a thing with Sawyer and Juliet.

Also forgot to mention that the Sayid fight was awesome!

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri May 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Well most of them never liked Locke anyway.

The bearing will change, I'm sure. This is Philadelphia Experiment science, and I'm pretty sure the bearing is a weak point in the overall field, and moving it would shift it. The Orchid Station logo even mimics the description of the Time/Space Wormhole created at Montauk.

Sayid is fucking awesome. If I was on that island, I'd be losing weight, putting on a blonde wig, and calling myself Shannon.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri May 30, 2008 2:28 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Well most of them never liked Locke anyway.

The bearing will change, I'm sure. This is Philadelphia Experiment science, and I'm pretty sure the bearing is a weak point in the overall field, and moving it would shift it. The Orchid Station logo even mimics the description of the Time/Space Wormhole created at Montauk.

Sayid is fucking awesome. If I was on that island, I'd be losing weight, putting on a blonde wig, and calling myself Shannon.

So the raft people might not even make it back on the island.

:D

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri May 30, 2008 2:43 pm

misac wrote:So the raft people might not even make it back on the island.

:D

I'm just guessing, but I don't think they made it to the barrier yet. I think it has to be just beyond the Freighter when it sank, since it was visible. Dan and Charlotte are set up to be a potential couple, and Jin being alive could bring Sun back. Ben's gotta manipulate her with something.

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The American
Formerly: Adroitly Chaotic, House of Me

Postby Jonathan » Sat May 31, 2008 9:50 pm

That was the mothafukkin' SHIT. Damn waiting 'til next year is gonna suck again.

Cernunnos
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby Cernunnos » Sat May 31, 2008 10:35 pm

Jonathan wrote:That was the mothafukkin' SHIT. Damn waiting 'til next year is gonna suck again.

You can say that again. :(

Alex Delarge
Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:41 pm

I am glad that everyone enjoyed the finale, however, I did not enjoy it all that much and I am not sure why.

I think, just maybe, that it was because we knew the outcome of the season because of the last season's finale reveal. I think it was a poor decision to do that. It felt like the writers wanted to assure people that the story was going somewhere, but at the same time sacrificing the suspense and build up to it.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby KingPagla » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:06 pm

I loved how the episode started with the very last shot of last season, picking straight up from the "Previously on LOST..."

So, what time period is the main continuing story gonna be in next season?
If it picks up where this one left off it's gonna have to follow those still on the Island, 'cause a lot of the Six's stories were already covered in the flash forwards.

If it picks up after the flash forwards, are they just gonna show us Sawyer, Blond Doctor and everybody still on the Island "now" and fill in the three years with flashbacks.

I hope it doesn't follow two storylines all season: One with the Six trying to get back, and the other three years earlier showing the events on the moved island.

Wait.... Hold the phone!
I just had an Idea!
What if Ben moved the island three years forward in time?
This way both the Island story and the "We have to go back!" flash forward story can happen simultaneously!

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:13 pm

Ben moved 10 months ahead in time, so I guess you could assume the island did as well. There was also something I read saying that the islands location would be on the opposite side of the world from where the mover landed, but I can't remember where I read that.

Next season will be dealing with the people on the Island, and the people off the island and their quest to get back. We'll also see flashbacks for the new people. I guess mostly it'll be flash-sideways... or whatever you'd call that.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby KingPagla » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Next season will be dealing with the people on the Island, and the people off the island and their quest to get back.
Right, that's what I was guessing, and there would be a three year time difference between those two story threads, unless the island moved forward to catch up with what used to be flash forward time.

Which I think is, structurally, very friggin' cool.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:54 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Wait.... Hold the phone!
I just had an Idea!
What if Ben moved the island three years forward in time?
This way both the Island story and the "We have to go back!" flash forward story can happen simultaneously!

:shock:

When we first saw the flash forwards I was also wondering which timeline would be the main one. But if this theory is the case I guess that answers the question.

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:55 am

I love LOST. I love how it takes pretty much every convention about what makes a successful show, and spits on it. Not just turns it around, but spits on it and says "take that, you corporate suit!"

A show that isn't afraid to kill off main and popular characters...that isn't afraid to use subtlety to develop a plot over multiple seasons and raise them without warning ("checkmate, Mr. Echo"?)...that isn't afraid to weave science fiction into it's main plot without batting an eyelash that they're going to lose anyone. This show rocks.

While I don't know if this was the most enjoyable 2 hours of TV I've ever seen...I think that still goes to Season 3's 3 parter for Doctor Who...this really was great. I do think it makes this the best season of Lost ever. It did everything a veteran show should do, and then some. I really liked the crash parallel between the helicopter and the first plane.

I think the writers are leaving Jin and Michael's fates deliberately unknown. I think there's some kind of running joke the show has with recently killed characters and their actors getting hit with a DUI. Jin had a DUI earlier in the year, so precedent would say he's really and totally off the show, but Gavin Dom has almost a cult following, and next to Sayid, Jin is the coolest character in the show.

I just read that Harold Perrineau/Michael's got a pilot show for next season, so whether we see him again, either in current time or flashback, will likely depend on whether his new show does well or not.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum