Tuesday, July 17, 2018 • Morning Edition • "30 charges and no convictions."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Mark Waid is MAAADDD About Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Spacedog wrote:I like both characters, but I used to think that the "hot-tempered anarchist" comic book Green Arrow had a slight edge over Hawkeye. But the version incarnated by Stephen Amell has none of the qualities that I used to like about Oliver Queen. And his comic book counterpart has become kind of a boring dork too.

They tried to make him into a CW version of Batman, which evidently includes killing a lot of people. On the plus side, he can hang with Batfleck. They can trade murder tips. On the minus side, there's almost no Green Arrow there.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:17 pm

Earth-2 NoctourneM wrote:
I really liked him in at least one and a half seasons, but I see where you're coming from.

I just honestly don't remember either one being very popular but Hawkeye as far as I can recall has always been on the avengers. Green arrow could carry a solo book (most of the time), but then all the sudden HAwkeye could carry a solo book, I dunno. It's a difficult call.

My problem with Amell/Arrow is the fact that he's basically a second hand carbon copy of Batman. DC could embrace the 'outrageous' aspects of Oliver Queen's personality, instead of turning him into a Bruce Wayne wannabe. I think Marvel has been doing a better work in developing Hawkeye in the last 5-6 years.

Popeye McFly

dINGO

Postby Popeye McFly » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Rob Thompson wrote:How'd the Christopher Reeves Superman movies fare against the Star Wars films of their day?

You have an amazing ability to miss the point.

Popeye McFly

dINGO

Postby Popeye McFly » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:35 am

Oh happy day!

Just found out Doctor Strange outgrossed Man of Snap.

Suck it DC.

Popeye McFly

dINGO

Postby Popeye McFly » Mon May 22, 2017 6:50 am

GotG 2 in two weeks time has outgrossed MoS. Why? Because MoS is is a terrible movie, thats why. If it psses BvS I will be really happy

Spektre

FROGMAN

Postby Spektre » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:48 pm

ping

Popeye McFly

dINGO

Postby Popeye McFly » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:21 pm

Its baaaaaacccccckkkkkk.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 pm

I saw MoS on sale for $7.50 at Wal-Mart today.

Popeye McFly

dINGO

Postby Popeye McFly » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:45 pm

HNutz wrote:I saw MoS on sale for $7.50 at Wal-Mart today.

$7.50 more than its worth.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:50 am

Popeye McFly wrote:Its baaaaaacccccckkkkkk.

Like Spektre, it will never truly die

Bald Bull

crash test dummy

Postby Bald Bull » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:48 pm

HNutz wrote:I saw MoS on sale for $7.50 at Wal-Mart today.

Was it blu-ray?

leave a comment with facebook