Sunday, August 28, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not CBR!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu May 15, 2014 4:50 pm

habitual wrote:
Movie deals do not necessarily mean they are off the table for television.

Hab


If that were the case, Marvel would have tried to do some kind of big Amazing Spider-Man 2 tie-in.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Thu May 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
If that were the case, Marvel would have tried to do some kind of big Amazing Spider-Man 2 tie-in.


I don't really see any reason why that would be the case.

Hab
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu May 15, 2014 5:23 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I don't know about conveniently, he did get punched right in the throat and it did toss him back.



I would have figured that Ward wouldn't have been standing up if his larynx was that seriously damaged only hours earlier. Wouldn't he still have trouble breathing normally?

I doubt we've seen the last of Ward. It still wouldn't surprise me if my scenario did play out the way I laid it out.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu May 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
If that were the case, Marvel would have tried to do some kind of big Amazing Spider-Man 2 tie-in.


I think it's separated into live action rights and animated rights.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu May 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Rockman wrote:
I think it's separated into live action rights and animated rights.



What matters is that if an ASM-2 or X-Men DOFP tie-in with AoS was feasible and beneficial (i.e. profitable) to all parties involved, it would get done. The same goes for using Spidey and X-Men B-or-C-list characters that would probably never get on the big screen.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu May 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

What matters is that if an ASM-2 tie-in with AoS was feasible and beneficial (i.e. profitable) to all parties involved, it would get done. The same goes for using Spidey and X-Men B-or-C-list characters that would probably never get on the big screen.


I disagree with you there.

Look at the little teaser at the end of ASM2 for Days of Future past. That confused a lot of people because they thought they meant the films were going to cross-over, when it reality it was some settlement that Sony agreed to so that Webb would direct the film.
User avatar

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Thu May 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Oscar Goldman being the exception, because he's Oscar Mother Fucking Goldman.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu May 15, 2014 10:40 pm

Rockman wrote:
I disagree with you there.

Look at the little teaser at the end of ASM2 for Days of Future past. That confused a lot of people because they thought they meant the films were going to cross-over, when it reality it was some settlement that Sony agreed to so that Webb would direct the film.


I haven't seen ASM2, so I didn't know about that one.

As Marvel /Disney and FOX, that's a whole other kettle of fish. Word is FOX [quote=https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/wide-screen/does-disney-acquisition-lucasfilm-mean-marvel-film-universe-170451763.html]wasn't too happy[/quote] about Disney buying Lucasfilm, leaving FOX out in the cold.

It was probably easier for FOX and Sony to make a deal because Sony been on the financial ropes for a while. I would expect any negotiations between FOX and Disney/Marvel would have both sides playing hardball.
User avatar

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri May 16, 2014 10:21 am

Strict31 wrote:
One cannot go against the will of Mouse.


Or against the will of Zombie Walt Disney! :-D
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:43 am

Johnny Smith wrote:
Or against the will of Zombie Walt Disney! :-D


Yes. His joy is infectious.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Speaking of S.H.I.E.L.D...

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/07/lucy-lawless-joins-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d/

They're not saying who she's playing or for how many episodes.

Any guesses?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles, contramundi, Liam Moorhart, MikeinLA, Stephen Day and 30 guests