Advertisement

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:35 pm

BlueStreak wrote:My parents and co-workers read the site frequently.

That's all I have to add to this discussion.

fxd

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:38 pm

doombug wrote:Have you tried "Sleepy Hollow" on Fox yet? I really like it.

It embraces the campy of a b horror movie and makes Crane into an interesting character. 8)

I had some mixed feelings about the debut episode, but I'll check it out again.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 44 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
It's a bit sad, I could use a new TV show to follow or sometimes I feel like I don't really use the cable enough. It's not my mission to trash SHIELD or anything, but I've got opinions like anyone else and SHIELD is one of the few topics (like Breaking Bad) where we're all watching the same thing.

I post about lots of stuff I've read or watched all the time, but most of the time no one is going be reading the same minicomics or watching the same 1970s foreign television shows so it's pretty pointless.

The Goldbergs is pretty funny. The Wonder Years set in the eighties.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Between netflix and youtube, I don't know that I've ever watched as much tv and movies as now, I guess. Just not a lot of new releases.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
fxd

Speaking of, my workplace is blocking the entire internet accept for sites we want on a whitelist. When I asked how we'd be able to use the Internet for the occasional personal task, the bank president says in the middle the staff meeting: "Don't worry, BlueStreak, the Outhouse was the first website on the list. It's one of the dozen sites I put on there myself."

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
I had some mixed feelings about the debut episode, but I'll check it out again.

How can you hate the Headless Horseman carrying a shotgun?! :lol:

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:47 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Between netflix and youtube, I don't know that I've ever watched as much tv and movies as now, I guess. Just not a lot of new releases.

I actually watch a lot of stuff via youtube, it's kind of become an original programming block in itself depending on the channel and its content.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:47 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Speaking of, my workplace is blocking the entire internet accept for sites we want on a whitelist. When I asked how we'd be able to use the Internet for the occasional personal task, the bank president says in the middle the staff meeting: "Don't worry, BlueStreak, the Outhouse was the first website on the list. It's one of the dozen sites I put on there myself."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:47 pm

BlueStreak wrote:

You see how damn prescient I am?

I bet I can predict you're getting awful sick of that repaving job on Main St. too. :lol:

For a hat trick, I will write a description of your favorite daytime Main St. hooker you see on the way home down on a piece of paper, then you describe her and we'll see if I'm right. That you see driving by, I mean, not for personal deposits or anything.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:47 pm

doombug wrote:How can you hate the Headless Horseman carrying a shotgun?! :lol:

If you have to ask, you could never understand. :P

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:57 pm

doombug wrote:I actually watch a lot of stuff via youtube, it's kind of become an original programming block in itself depending on the channel and its content.

I didn't like watching it on a laptop, but now that it streams to the TV I can't believe how many full movies and TV shows there are. Even fairly recent TV shows and movies. But lots of obscure stuff too. Saves me tons on mail order DVDs for stuff I may not want to keep permanently.

There's a lot of artificiality in the production of TV shows and many movies these days, and not always much artfulness.

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:58 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:"SHIELD proto-typed the first wrist-communicator in 1936". Seriously, did they just take credit for Dick Tracy's 2-way Wrist communicator that debuted 10 years later in 1946 ? :lol:

Amoebas wrote:I thought that too - but the Walkie-Talkie wasn't even invented until 1937 so...

In our universe? Sure.
In the Marvel movie universe, where there's a supersoldier program in WWII, a flying car is well under way and a Nazi superweapon was discovered in that very episode... it's probably not a huge stretch to assume that technology has developed at a different rate there.

Or maybe showing a 2 way wrist radio was a shout-out to Dick Tracy, instead of trying to "steal credit." If you think about it, that idea was REALLY ahead of it's time and not far off. Except people wear them in their ears (Bluetooth, especially) instead of on their wrists.

BlueStreak wrote:Speaking of, my workplace is blocking the entire internet accept for sites we want on a whitelist. When I asked how we'd be able to use the Internet for the occasional personal task, the bank president says in the middle the staff meeting: "Don't worry, BlueStreak, the Outhouse was the first website on the list. It's one of the dozen sites I put on there myself."

They actually call you BlueStreak at work? Kick ass! 8)

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 am

BlueStreak wrote:Frankly, you're all perverts.

That's all I have to add to this discussion.

You've been on the Outhouse how long? And you've only just noticed this? :lol:
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:09 am

doombug wrote:Yeah because Fox is full of morons who don't understand how much stronger their branding/marketing would be by sharing a cohesive universe.

They own the film rights. I don't know that there is a difference between animated television vs. live action television when it comes to this stuff. If not they Marvel has access to all of those characters, since we've seen them used in their cartoons.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:12 am

I can't get down on the show like some of you guys. Two eps. in and I still enjoy it. I think the acting really needs some work as does the dialogue. That would probably be my biggest complaint.

Also you had two episodes where the cast all stared into nothing smiling like a bunch of goons at the end of the episode, that's cheesy.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum