Grayson wrote:I finally got around to watching the second episode of this series the other night and I was extremely disappointed. The quality took a dramatic and negative turn from the pilot, which is saying something considering the pilot wasn't that great to begin with.
- Skye is easily the most interesting new character that has been introduced in this series. I like the theory that she may be Jessica Drew but I suspect that something else is going on here.
- I still enjoy having Phil Coulson around but I agree that his performance in this episode bordered on cheesy. However, I do appreciate the fact that he never lost his confidence in his team and he held is composure.
- I'm sorry but I really can not stand Fitz and Simmons. They remind me of Elizabeth Shaw and her boyfriend from Prometheus. Sure, they mean well but I would almost put money on the fact that Simmons will do something that will get Fitz killed or severely injured by the end of the season.
- Ward is just terrible. Zachary Levi was more believable as special agent Charles Carmichael during the early years of Chuck than Brett Dalton is here.
- Melinda May is intriguing enough but her gruff exterior and not wanting to talk about her past is ridiculously cliche. This character and her story could go either way at this point.
- Did I miss something or did the weapon in question during this episode go from being an ancient, alien artifact to being produced by the Peruvian government?
- Nick Fury popping up really wasn't that surprising, considering the fact that he is the head of the organization that this show is about.
Skye, Chloe Bennet, looks like she could pass for Jessica Drew.
She's got the hair, the face and the build.