Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Zechs wrote:We at least have a possible recurring threat in Ian Quinn now.

Recurring threat and potential love interest for Skye.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Strict31 wrote:

Maybe, but they already announced it was built into the formula of the show to build romance between Skye and...the SHIELD dude who saved her at the end, Tough Guy, whatever. She could be torn between them, though, that'd be bleh.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Maybe, but they already announced it was built into the formula of the show to build romance between Skye and...the SHIELD dude who saved her at the end, Tough Guy, whatever. She could be torn between them, though, that'd be bleh.

My point exactly. The guy doesn't really make much of an impact.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Strict31 wrote:

Oh I agree with you on nearly all your observations/reactions to the show, with the possible exception that Skye hasn't grown on me yet at all. It would be interesting if Doombug were right about her.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 pm

I wonder if they would ever bring Marcus Johnson on the show-provided they don't do that idiotic Nick Fury Jr. nonsense from the comics, it would be interesting to see one of Nick's bastard children pop up seeing as how he would have a connection to Coulson.
Other ideas would include having Scorpio, Victoria Hand, Daisy Johnson, the Zodiac, Max Fury, Monica Rappuccini or even Elektra making an appearance.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Strict31 wrote:

This has the makings of a cliche and corny soap opera subplot.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:33 am

I don't even know why but I kept thinking when she was talking about her family history I kept thinking. "Why am I getting a Jessica Jones vibe from her? Wait why am I getting this vibe from her? Jessica Jones was never SHIELD agent."

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:49 am

Zechs wrote:I don't even know why but I kept thinking when she was talking about her family history I kept thinking. "Why am I getting a Jessica Jones vibe from her? Wait why am I getting this vibe from her? Jessica Jones was never SHIELD agent."

Someone never read that What If issue. :roll:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am

I enjoyed the episode.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:22 am

Best episode yet

its getting there

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:53 am

Zechs wrote:I don't even know why but I kept thinking when she was talking about her family history I kept thinking. "Why am I getting a Jessica Jones vibe from her? Wait why am I getting this vibe from her? Jessica Jones was never SHIELD agent."
IIRC, wasn't Jessica Jones created for Alias because Marvel wouldn't let Bendis use Jessica Drew in the first place?

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:33 am

Draco x wrote:I wonder if they would ever bring Marcus Johnson on the show-provided they don't do that idiotic Nick Fury Jr. nonsense from the comics, it would be interesting to see one of Nick's bastard children pop up seeing as how he would have a connection to Coulson.
Other ideas would include having Scorpio, Victoria Hand, Daisy Johnson, the Zodiac, Max Fury, Monica Rappuccini or even Elektra making an appearance.

The entire reason Marcus Johnson existed was so they could have a Nick Fury who looked like Sam Jackson. Nick Fury on the show already LOOKS like Sam Jackson, so why would they use that character? :P

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:52 am

Strict31 wrote:

strict!!!
hey buddy

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:53 am

mmmmmmmmm

xshane666x

Mad Hatter

Postby xshane666x » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:24 am

This episode was far better than last week, but I'm still struggling with this cast. They have zero chemistry, and some are soap opera level bad as actors. It's making it hard to like because outside of pretty girls, there is nothing likable about anyone besides Coulson.

leave a comment with facebook