Advertisement

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 31 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan

Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby outsider » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Juan Cena wrote:It's interesting that this is the second episode in a row that somehow involves the Chitauri. They're near the top of my list of who the Big Bad might be at the end of the season.
The Chitauri (and by extension the Avengers movie) are the reason for this TV show, so it makes sense they would revisit that well as many times as they can.
-

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:25 pm

outsider wrote:The Chitauri (and by extension the Avengers movie) are the reason for this TV show, so it makes sense they would revisit that well as many times as they can.

True. But as the next film will be the Avengers vs. Ultron, the Chitauri seem to have be on the sidelines now as far as the movies involving Earth's Mightiest Heroes go. (Guardians of the Galaxy notwithstanding. Haven't paid too much attention to what's up with that movie, to be honest.).

The Chitauri make a perfect Big Bad because their shape-shifting abilities allow for their continued use without breaking the budget. There's only need to show their true form only once or twice during the season.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 19 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:35 pm

The Chitauri didn't have shape shifting abilities in the Avengers :smt017

I wouldn't rule out the possibility but I think it is unlikely that they would reveal that random generic alien beings from Avengers suddenly had these awesome unrevealed powers. Plus all of the Chitauri on earth died instantly when Stark blew up the mother ship.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:45 pm

The Chitauri were muscle and nothing else in Avengers. They were a hive minded race anyway I believe, so if we were to pull anyone from the movie it'd probably have to be someone like the mysterious dude brokering the deal between Loki and Thanos.

But no.

The big bad is Centipede which is probably something AIM and/or HYDRA related.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Rockman wrote:The Chitauri didn't have shape shifting abilities in the Avengers :smt017

I wouldn't rule out the possibility but I think it is unlikely that they would reveal that random generic alien beings from Avengers suddenly had these awesome unrevealed powers. Plus all of the Chitauri on earth died instantly when Stark blew up the mother ship.

The shapeshifters could be revealed as either a genetic offshoot of the regular Chitauri, or some sort of genetically altered members of the species.

Or they could just be using holographic tech to cloak themselves in human form.

And gee, don't you think the Chitauri have more than one mothership around?

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm

They needed a cosmic portal to get to Earth :lol: I doubt they're hanging around right now undetected.

Why complicate things to make it work with the Chitauri when they could just use the Skrulls (well maybe not the term the skrulls I'm not sure about that one). We already know that their are more than one alien race out there.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Chris wrote:The Chitauri were muscle and nothing else in Avengers. They were a hive minded race anyway I believe, so if we were to pull anyone from the movie it'd probably have to be someone like the mysterious dude brokering the deal between Loki and Thanos.

But no.

The big bad is Centipede which is probably something AIM and/or HYDRA related.

Those would be my other top suspects. I've been trying to avoid Captain America spoilers, so IDK if/how much Hydra will be involved with the Winter Soldier film.

- Sons of the Desert

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
The shapeshifters could be revealed as either a genetic offshoot of the regular Chitauri, or some sort of genetically altered members of the species.

The Chitauri are all mo-cap.

The show has budget issues as is. Throwing an alien race into the mix is unlikely.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:01 pm

The big bad is Wingman.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 39 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

They didn't have ANY montherships "around". The mothership Stark blew up was on the opposite end of the universe, sending troops through a portal...

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Rockman wrote:They needed a cosmic portal to get to Earth :lol: I doubt they're hanging around right now undetected.

Why complicate things to make it work with the Chitauri when they could just use the Skrulls (well maybe not the term the skrulls I'm not sure about that one). We already know that their are more than one alien race out there.

Yeah, I think the Skrulls fall under the FF film rights, which Marvel and Disney don't have.

And to counter your argument, why not use an alien race non-comic reading fans would be more familiar with? It saves time from having to introduce another alien species, and allows the film directors more creative freedom to use them as they wish, and not have to deal with continuity issues.

- Sons of the Desert

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:10 pm

I believe Feige said they can use the skrulls as a race, just not the super skrull.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 31 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan

Postby outsider » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:20 pm

SHIELD works better as an Earth-bound group fighting Earth-bound villains.
Utilizing alien tech as story elements (weapons, drugs, viruses, etc.) is a great way to bridge what happened in the Avengers movie while keeping the agency relevant.
-

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:24 pm

I agree.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Chris wrote:We actually had character growth here. A lot of great moments.

The show is definitely on an upward swing with every ep.

They had to use one of the executive producers names to not get into trouble with the WGA too in order for him to write the episode.

There may be a chance he's writing another. If the show stays like this then the rest of the season should be amazing.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum