Advertisement

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 340 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Zechs » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:02 am

Were we just blessed with a "SUPERIOR" Asgardian tonight? I think we were. :P :-D

Though anyone get the feeling that we'll be seeing Ward's brother somewhere down the line? Future EVIL agent (hopefully HYDRA)?

I saw the May/Ward thing telegraphed the moment he had trouble dealing with it. I wonder if it'll be a one-time indiscretion or continued?

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 342 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:14 am

HNutz wrote:
I could see that.

I don't know why, but, when they were talking about one of Skye's parents being a SHIELD agent, I was hoping it was going to be "Tony Masters"...

is that just a hope or is it something that's coming soon? :o

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 994 posts

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:27 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
is that just a hope or is it something that's coming soon? :o

Just hopes, unfortunately. *sigh*

So we've heard the story behind "the Calvary"... ;)

A Rahne Sinclair-like telekinetic is picked up by the AoS. It's not actually her, there's a ghost-like character shadowing her.

And apparently the plane's callsign is "SHIELD 616". 8)

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1445 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Zechs wrote:Though anyone get the feeling that we'll be seeing Ward's brother somewhere down the line? Future EVIL agent (hopefully HYDRA)?

Just like we know that "Skye" isn't really Skye's name, we will discover that "Grant Ward" is simply an alias that S.H.I.E.L.D. gave to Ward in order to protect his anonymity. We won't discover Ward's real identity until his brother returns as a HYDRA Agent known as the "Grim Reaper." 8)

I saw the May/Ward thing telegraphed the moment he had trouble dealing with it. I wonder if it'll be a one-time indiscretion or continued?

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

ImageImageImage

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 994 posts

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Grayson wrote:
Just like we know that "Skye" isn't really Skye's name, we will discover that "Grant Ward" is simply an alias that S.H.I.E.L.D. gave to Ward in order to protect his anonymity. We won't discover Ward's real identity until his brother returns as a HYDRA Agent known as the "Grim Reaper." 8)

"I saw the May/Ward thing telegraphed the moment he had trouble dealing with it. I wonder if it'll be a one-time indiscretion or continued?"

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

And they said something about "okay, lets do the plan like we did last time". So it sounds like it's at least a semi-regular thing.

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 468 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:36 pm

What wasn't clear about the "plan" business is if that scene is the morning directly after last episode, and they are referring to something that happened previously or regularly prior to or earlier this season... or if this is the 2nd or 3rd (or more) time since the last episode, and we just haven't seen all the in-between stuff.

I thought this episode was decent although the bit with Skye being the empathetic one was really forced and heavy-handed.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Heh. Actually a pretty good episode. I'm getting tired of May's bitchiness, though.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 271 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:56 pm

superfictious wrote:Heh. Actually a pretty good episode. I'm getting tired of May's bitchiness, though.

Yeah wtf was that towards poor Skye at the end there? :?

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 468 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm still kind of meh about the show. I can't put my finger on it. I've watched every episode. I don't hate them. I like them enough to keep DVRing them each week. But I just... can't make myself give a crap about what is going on. The cliffhangers and suspense moments just don't leave me in suspense 'cause I don't care.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 638 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:48 am

I don't watch Arrow but there are two new threats this morning about Solomon Grundy and Clock King coming up on the show.

And SHIELD can't get a single second of Fixer or Mentallo? But good thing they get to utter the name "Thor" once every other episode. :roll:

I'll stick around one more to find out how Coulson survived - but unless something good happens, I'm probably through (and may start watching Arrow).

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:58 am

Amoebas wrote:I don't watch Arrow but there are two new threats this morning about Solomon Grundy and Clock King coming up on the show.

And SHIELD can't get a single second of Fixer or Mentallo? But good thing they get to utter the name "Thor" once every other episode. :roll:

I'll stick around one more to find out how Coulson survived - but unless something good happens, I'm probably through (and may start watching Arrow).

I must be the only person enjoying the hell out of this show. :-( Finally saw last nights mid season ender and thought it was great. To me it's like reading a SHIELD comic book. It's about the agents. The other part of the Marvel Universe. And the Centipede storyline has been really kind of cool. And I love the two English or Irish people too.

I don't know, I must be getting easier to amuse as I get older. :?

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:59 am

doombug wrote:Yeah wtf was that towards poor Skye at the end there? :?

I thought May'd developed past being this bad. How Skye didn't tell her to go fuck herself and SHIELD, I don't know.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 179 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:59 am

My favorite part of the show is the "Coulson gives life lessons to one of the team" scenes :-D

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:01 am

Johnny Smith wrote:My favorite part of the show is the "Coulson gives life lessons to one of the team" scenes :-D

He's like SHIELD's own Professor X. :-D

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:03 am

Starlord wrote:
I must be the only person enjoying the hell out of this show. :-( Finally saw last nights mid season ender and thought it was great. To me it's like reading a SHIELD comic book. It's about the agents. The other part of the Marvel Universe. And the Centipede storyline has been really kind of cool. And I love the two English or Irish people too.

I don't know, I must be getting easier to amuse as I get older. :?

I'm with Amoebas. The show just feels...off. It's not bad, but something's missing, or there's an off mix of characters, or something.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum