Advertisement

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

avengingtitan
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 19545
Likes: 12 posts
Liked in: 179 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 am
Location: Hershey, PA


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:01 pm

outsider wrote:LOL, I remember that episode (and hope she comes back sometime). But I'm wondering if that's the direction they are going with that particular character, given that one side of his face is burned, his leg is missing,etc.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image

Well she was in the preview for the next episode.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Advertisement

avengingtitan
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 19545
Likes: 12 posts
Liked in: 179 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 am
Location: Hershey, PA


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:02 pm

HNutz wrote:
Eh, long sleeves and pants can work wonders and save some $$$.

Hey they did it with Cyborg on Smallville. :-D
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Strict31
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41969
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am
Title: Ain't enough space bitches


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Strict31 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 am

For a while, I was thinking maybe the so-called Clairvoyant knows all this shit because...I dunno...maybe he's seen it all before. Or maybe because, for him, it's history. I wonder who in the Avenger's rogues gallery might fit such a bill.

But then, I figured it's probably just because he read the script.
Image

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."


Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18978
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 208 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:41 am

Strict31 wrote:For a while, I was thinking maybe the so-called Clairvoyant knows all this shit because...I dunno...maybe he's seen it all before. Or maybe because, for him, it's history. I wonder who in the Avenger's rogues gallery might fit such a bill.

But then, I figured it's probably just because he read the script.


Clairvoyant = Deadpool breaking the Fourth Wall and reading the script.

Strict31
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41969
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am
Title: Ain't enough space bitches


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Strict31 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Clairvoyant = Deadpool breaking the Fourth Wall and reading the script.


I'm not sure Deadpool is much of a reader.
Image

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."


Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18978
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 208 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:33 am

Strict31 wrote:
I'm not sure Deadpool is much of a reader.


Skimmed it and missed important parts like Coulson's story.

Strict31
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41969
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am
Title: Ain't enough space bitches


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Strict31 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:54 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Skimmed it and missed important parts like Coulson's story.


Since there was no shooting in it, could it really have been that important?
Image

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."


Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18978
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 208 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:55 am

Strict31 wrote:
Since there was no shooting in it, could it really have been that important?


Is anything so far important?

Strict31
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41969
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am
Title: Ain't enough space bitches


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Strict31 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:09 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Is anything so far important?


I mean important to Deadpool.
Image

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."


Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33166
Likes: 105 posts
Liked in: 126 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:28 am

HNutz wrote:
It's the same group that captured Coulson's former coworker, put an x-ray camera (and bomb) in her hear and would give her missions typed out by another unwilling agent.

From the "Eye Spy" episode.


It wouldn't surprise me if that group turns out to be associated with wither Centipede and/or The Clairvoyant.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8438
Likes: 529 posts
Liked in: 948 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Grayson » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Holy crap! I didn't expect this series to get this dark this quickly! :shock:

First of all, the partial reveal of what happened to Coulson was a little bit more intense then I thought it would be. That was the type of stuff you would have expected to have been done to River in future setting of Firefly not the more modern day setting of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Yes, we still don't know exactly what brought Coulson back from the dead but damn, whatever it was, was absolutely brutal. The conversation between Dr. Streiten (Ron Glass) and Coulson was heartbreaking.

Next, the "stinger" at the end of the episode was equally as tragic. Mike Peterson was already been through the ringer in this series have been used by Centipede and almost turned into a weapon. Then when he starts to get his life back together, his son is captured by Centipede and he is forced to turn on the people who gave him a second chance, getting himself blown up in the process. Now he wakes up, burned to hell, missing a leg, and suddenly he begins receiving commands through an eye implant! I really like the Mike Peterson character and I really just want him to catch a break!

I'm really starting to suspect that The Clairvoyant will eventually be revealed as the alter ego of M.O.D.O.K. or at least whoever The Clairvoyant currently is will eventually become M.O.D.O.K. through all of the enhancement technology that "Centipede" is gathering.
ImageImageImage

Strict31
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41969
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am
Title: Ain't enough space bitches


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Strict31 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:41 pm

The Clairvoyant could be a machine, now that you mention it. Say, some sort of emergent AI designed by some enterprising futurist to help him graph out actions yet to occur; tracing market forces, technological advances, intelligence databases and social trends.

Maybe, just maybe...the butler really did do it...
Image

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."


Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

BubbaKanoosh
User avatar
2009 Most Valuable Poster
 
Posts: 35968
Likes: 466 posts
Liked in: 646 posts
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:50 am
Formerly: BRBKanoosh



The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 67112
Likes: 986 posts
Liked in: 761 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Online


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Grayson wrote:Holy crap! I didn't expect this series to get this dark this quickly! :shock:

First of all, the partial reveal of what happened to Coulson was a little bit more intense then I thought it would be. That was the type of stuff you would have expected to have been done to River in future setting of Firefly not the more modern day setting of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Yes, we still don't know exactly what brought Coulson back from the dead but damn, whatever it was, was absolutely brutal. The conversation between Dr. Streiten (Ron Glass) and Coulson was heartbreaking.

Next, the "stinger" at the end of the episode was equally as tragic. Mike Peterson was already been through the ringer in this series have been used by Centipede and almost turned into a weapon. Then when he starts to get his life back together, his son is captured by Centipede and he is forced to turn on the people who gave him a second chance, getting himself blown up in the process. Now he wakes up, burned to hell, missing a leg, and suddenly he begins receiving commands through an eye implant! I really like the Mike Peterson character and I really just want him to catch a break!

I'm really starting to suspect that The Clairvoyant will eventually be revealed as the alter ego of M.O.D.O.K. or at least whoever The Clairvoyant currently is will eventually become M.O.D.O.K. through all of the enhancement technology that "Centipede" is gathering.


Mike Peterson = Deathlock

:smt102

It's what I thought with that scene.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Strict31
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41969
Likes: 70 posts
Liked in: 167 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 am
Title: Ain't enough space bitches


Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Strict31 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Mike Peterson = Deathlock

:smt102

It's what I thought with that scene.


It's what a lot of us thought, Cat.
Image

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."


Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Stephen Day and 49 guests

Advertisement