Advertisement

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GHERU
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 9 posts

Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby GHERU » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:15 am

not the best first episode
in fact it was pretty bad

I did like the comic booky feel of the special effects, and I have hopes that it can get better, but overall I really don't like any of the characters
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:32 am

GHERU wrote:not the best first episode
in fact it was pretty bad

I did like the comic booky feel of the special effects, and I have hopes that it can get better, but overall I really don't like any of the characters

yup

Other than Coulson, who was trying too hard sometimes, the cast is forgettable. Hopefully they never invade any of the movies, not that I really care that much.

Pizza Dog
cheese

Title: Awesomesauce

Postby Pizza Dog » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:36 am

I enjoyed it. It wasn't the epic premiere that I was hoping for but it's got me wanting to watch a few more episodes.

The techno gal reminded me of Jennifer Garner though, think it may be the lips :smt102

I don't get why Skye felt the need to go all 'flirty' showing her cleavage whilst the other dude was on truth serum, that seemed to just be added in there :S

I'm going to give it a C+ 8)
Events been to:

SFX Weekender 3 - Sci-Fi Weekender 4 & 5 - Kapow! '12 - Leeds Comic Con '11, '12 & '13 - Skottie Young Signing Tour '13 - Newcastle Film and Comic Con '14

Events going to:

London Film and Comic Con '14 - Sheffield Film & Comic Con '14 - Leeds Comic Con '14 - Sci-Fi Weekender 6 - Newcastle Film & Comic Con '15

** :-D I meet STAN LEE in 91-days!!!! :-D **

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 am

The cleavage bit was to grab back the attention of a large slice of the target demographic after their collection minds had started to wander from the first half of the show. I didn't even find her interesting enough to have bothered considering whether she was attractive or not at that point, and it worked. As much as I hate to admit it, I literally felt my attention re-focus for a split second.

That trick is tried and true. :oops:

goof
crash test dummy

Title: Nerf Weapons Master

Postby goof » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:13 am

When I saw the jet all I could think was, "that would make a great action figure playset as long as the red car fit in the back."

GHERU
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby GHERU » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:34 am

goof wrote:When I saw the jet all I could think was, "that would make a great action figure playset as long as the red car fit in the back."

I want the lego version
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:32 am

I thought the flying car looked Bedknobs'n'Broomsticks-level in terms of the effects....I guess it's excusable on a network show...

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:03 am

Victorian Squid wrote:I thought the flying car looked Bedknobs'n'Broomsticks-level in terms of the effects....I guess it's excusable on a network show...

Thats the thing.. I dont know if it is excusable. I have seen better effects than that on Once Upon A Time and thats an ABC show too!

Its a minor nitpick for me though.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:12 am

Here's something I don't understand.
Angry Michael was in the train station tossing the gang-bangers around like ragdolls when one of them comes up behind him and smashes a metal pole/club/whateveer directly down on Michael's head which obviously does nothing to Michael ass he is (near?) invulnerable.
Yet a minute later the male SHIELD agent kicks Michael in the back of his leg forcing him to his knees. Then gets Michael in a headlock which somehow subdues him. How would any of that affect an invulnerable man ? Why didn't Michael just reach up and rip off the agents arms ?

Am I incorrectly remembering this, or did I miss a scene or some prior dialogue explaining how this would work ? :smt017
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:14 am

It wasn’t a great first episode but I liked it. It had some fun moments, really liked Coulson popping out of the shadow. :-D

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:20 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Here's something I don't understand.
Angry Michael was in the train station tossing the gang-bangers around like ragdolls when one of them comes up behind him and smashes a metal pole/club/whateveer directly down on Michael's head which obviously does nothing to Michael ass he is (near?) invulnerable.
Yet a minute later the male SHIELD agent kicks Michael in the back of his leg forcing him to his knees. Then gets Michael in a headlock which somehow subdues him. How would any of that affect an invulnerable man ? Why didn't Michael just reach up and rip off the agents arms ?

Am I incorrectly remembering this, or did I miss a scene or some prior dialogue explaining how this would work ? :smt017

I'm just spitballing here, but I suppose that even nigh-invulnerable needs blood to the brain, and as for kicking the back of the leg, that's just mechanical. Anyone could fall for that.

And then of course generic looking Shield guy gets his ass kicked.

I liked this enough to check out episode two. That's about all. I have many of the same problems with it that everyone else seems to.

But...I think it would be nice to include some of the lesser Marvel heroes/villains in the series. Maybe Snipes needs money enough after his little vacation to reprise his role as Blade for this...

And I can't help thinking that a heavily altered version of Elektra: Assassin might be pretty good for this, sans Garner, considering it was all about Elektra messing with Shield.

Hell, maybe Daredevil could show up, again sans Batfleck, now that they've got the rights back, or the Punisher.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:23 am

Chris wrote:Thats the thing.. I dont know if it is excusable. I have seen better effects than that on Once Upon A Time and thats an ABC show too!

Its a minor nitpick for me though.

What? OUAT has some of the worst effects ever. Didn't they once add a CGI deer to an episode for no reason? :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 17 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:37 am

CLEAVAGE GOOD!!
SKYE CLEAVAGE GOODER!!

Steranko SHIELD symbol GOOD!
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:45 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
What? OUAT has some of the worst effects ever. Didn't they once add a CGI deer to an episode for no reason? :lol:

I did not say they were good. I said better than that flying car. :lol:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 17 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:45 am

So in the rest of the season, we better see a flying suit and a needle gun. This will make it truly a SHIELD series.

I wonder how long until we see a Kree Sentry.

Or any of the Super Agents.

Ming Na cleavage...
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum