Friday, May 27, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The greatest comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:53 am

I just thought that GH stood for Guest House.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:06 am

Grayson wrote:
In this scenario, the Kree wouldn't have to have healing abilities just their blood and only when injected into humans. Because…science!?


Terrible thought:

If it is a tree. Skye could develop Carol Danvers-like psychic powers from this injection. Don't ask me why Coulson hasn't developed them. Probably described as being a female thing. Or that she may actually be part Kree.
User avatar

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:19 am

Or you guys are overthinking it. Perhaps....

...the blue stuff was being pumped into the body. An early experiment on keeping a dead person alive. Coulson was just one of the successful attempts. As far as he knew the dead guy was aware and in agony. He didn't want Skye in agony.
User avatar

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:23 am

Maybe that really is Dr. Manhattan... :lol:
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:30 am

Black_Orchid wrote:Or you guys are overthinking it. Perhaps....

...the blue stuff was being pumped into the body. An early experiment on keeping a dead person alive. Coulson was just one of the successful attempts. As far as he knew the dead guy was aware and in agony. He didn't want Skye in agony.


The first thought I had when I saw the blue guy that he was some kind of Hydra/A.I.M. experiment SHIELD got its hands on.
User avatar

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:36 am

Can you guys just type without the blackout effect? We could even put (SPOILERS) on the thread title. :lol:
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:39 am

outsider wrote:Can you guys just type without the blackout effect? We could even put (SPOILERS) on the thread title. :lol:


It is a bit much at this point.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:41 am

Black_Orchid wrote:Or you guys are overthinking it. Perhaps....

...the blue stuff was being pumped into the body. An early experiment on keeping a dead person alive. Coulson was just one of the successful attempts. As far as he knew the dead guy was aware and in agony. He didn't want Skye in agony.


That's how I saw it too; that the chemical was creating the blue lighting effect inside the tube where the body was. I think the chemical just reanimates/regrows tissue or something like that.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:55 am

outsider wrote:Can you guys just type without the blackout effect? We could even put (SPOILERS) on the thread title. :lol:


yeah I don't see why anyone would come into the weekly discussion thread without having first seen the episode or doesn't care about spoilers.
User avatar

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:08 pm

I was following the trend. :P
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Rockman wrote:I just thought that GH stood for Guest House.


Yeah, I think this was made clear. The twist was that it wasn't the patients who were the guests. It was T.A.H.I.T.I., the blue guy.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Rockman wrote:
yeah I don't see why anyone would come into the weekly discussion thread without having first seen the episode or doesn't care about spoilers.


:x I like it! Not everyone watches live but we still crave that second screen experience. I'm annoyed that I can't use Walking Dead's second screen thing because of that. :P
User avatar

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:00 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
:x I like it! Not everyone watches live but we still crave that second screen experience. I'm annoyed that I can't use Walking Dead's second screen thing because of that. :P
Go fuck yourself!!!

:P
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:33 pm

Juan Cena wrote:Terrible thought:

If it is a tree. Skye could develop Carol Danvers-like psychic powers from this injection. Don't ask me why Coulson hasn't developed them. Probably described as being a female thing. Or that she may actually be part Kree.


Don't forget, in "Seeds" we learned that as a baby, Skye was designated an 0-8-4 which is the fancy way of saying that she is an object of unknown origin. Therefore, it's really not a stretch to imagine that Skye and Coulson could react differently to the same biological material.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:12 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Yeah, I think this was made clear. The twist was that it wasn't the patients who were the guests. It was T.A.H.I.T.I., the blue guy.


I thought that was the case initially if it referred to the facility, not the containment cell the blue guy was contained in individually. It could be a term to refer to aliens in general, or it could just be a number of specific specimens they've collected.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], senwolf, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests