Advertisement

Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 466 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Re: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby outsider » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:17 am

habitual wrote:Serious question, how does Chris Hardwick keep weaseling his way into all this shit? It was so depressing seeing him in that special last night.
He's the geek equivalent of Ryan Seacrest.

(or a male Olivia Munn... take yer pick)
-

Advertisement

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:32 pm

outsider wrote:Image
:o I did not have that, but it looks awesome!

I had the Twiki & Muffet figures. I loved them at the time, but in retrospect, they're both fairly creepy. :lol:

My favorite BSG toys were the miniature Cylon Raider & Viper.

I had all of those too. I had the Oviod figure, which was really more useful in crossover adventures with other toys, plus Imperious Leader. I briefly had a Cylon but he must have been lost on some uncharted world with Starbuck, never to be seen again.

The Buck Rogers figures actually weren't too bad. I had Buck and Wilma and Tiger-Man, along with the Starfighter and the Draconian fighter. They also did crossover duty. I'm sure they spent a lot of time teasing my Star Wars figures about their lack of comparable articulation.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Guy DeBorg
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 135 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premieres Tonight

Postby Guy DeBorg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Back then they made toys for those shows for kids, which makes sense. Nowadays, though, for shows like SHIELD they make much more expensive and detailed toys for weird adults, weirdest of all female Coulson slash-fic demographic.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 pm

outsider wrote:He's the geek equivalent of Ryan Seacrest.

(or a male Olivia Munn... take yer pick)

Listen, I know you guys have your misgivings on stuff like this. But you're way off on Hardwick.

He's a gigantic nerd, he's nothing like Munn.

Longtime Nerdist podcast listeners or followers of his work (House of a Thousand corpses was filmed before he gave up drinking and Zombie talked him into being in the movie)

Munn specifically used Attack of the Show to gain fame for herself and then walked away from it. All Chris wants to do is host and talk about Nerdy shit. He's the same as the dude who played Chuck on Chuck, who went on to create a nerdy business out of something he knew and loved in passing.

:smt102

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 189 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:19 pm

You can tell how passionate Hardwick is the way he went on tangents during Talking Bad and getting so many of Gilligan's obscure pop culture reference easter eggs. Never bothered with Talking Dead since I ditched Walking Dead.

But i agree that Hardwick comes off as genuine.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 pm

I don't care if he's genuine or not. I'm just tired of seeing him.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 759 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:34 pm

doombug wrote:Listen, I know you guys have your misgivings on stuff like this. But you're way off on Hardwick.

He's a gigantic nerd, he's nothing like Munn.

Longtime Nerdist podcast listeners or followers of his work (House of a Thousand corpses was filmed before he gave up drinking and Zombie talked him into being in the movie)

Munn specifically used Attack of the Show to gain fame for herself and then walked away from it. All Chris wants to do is host and talk about Nerdy shit. He's the same as the dude who played Chuck on Chuck, who went on to create a nerdy business out of something he knew and loved in passing.

:smt102

100% This. Chris Hardwick is a genuinely likable guy who is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his place in nerd culture. He works hard and he puts out some really unique, fun stuff like his All-Star Celebrity Bowling or @Midnight. I honestly don't understand why he gets the amount of negativity that he does.
ImageImageImage

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Grayson wrote:
100% This. Chris Hardwick is a genuinely likable guy who is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his place in nerd culture. He works hard and he puts out some really unique, fun stuff like his All-Star Celebrity Bowling or @Midnight. I honestly don't understand why he gets the amount of negativity that he does.

Even in his singled out days, Hardwick was always anti working with the system so to speak, it was his and another producers idea to basically make fun of all the jackass frat boys that were contestants during the run of the show.

He's specifically said on numerous occasions that he doesn't like acting and prefers the hosting. All the current hosting gigs except for @midnight were offered to him after he did a crazy amount of panels at several comic conventions after that first year of the nerdist podcast.

It's not an Olivia Munn situation at all.

I could get into the Munn bullshit but it's really not worth talking about. (Her ex co-host on AOTS takes shots at her every once and a while on his podcast) She was on that show to get noticed to further her acting career even though she said differently when she started on the show and pretending to basically have an extensive knowledge on different aspects of geek and nerd culture. (That being said, I enjoy her work on The Newsroom)

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 331 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Yeah I used to think Hardwick was a Ryan Seacrest wanna be douche but after seeing a lot of the other things he has done like interviewing the cast of Dr Who and various other nerdy things, he's actually a pretty cool guy and that is totally into all the same shit that I love and enjoy.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Olivia Munn isn't genuine?! How does she keep getting in all those documentaries about geek stuff? :lol:
-

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 101 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:12 pm

outsider wrote:Olivia Munn isn't genuine?! How does she keep getting in all those documentaries about geek stuff? :lol:

Implants.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:15 pm

White boy is a genuine geek but pretty nonwhite female is fake geek.
I think I've figured out the formula.
-

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:41 pm

outsider wrote:Olivia Munn isn't genuine?! How does she keep getting in all those documentaries about geek stuff? :lol:

What documentaries has she been in?

And no, she's not genuine. Pretty much every single host AOTS and G4 had other than her from Blair to even Grace Helbig was more genuine then her.

We're going to agree to disagree here and that's cool. It happens.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 148 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:04 am

Who the fuck cares about Olivia Munn? It has nothing to do with Hardwick being annoying. :smt102

Hab

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 456 posts

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum