Advertisement

Marvel Expanding TV Line-up to Add Four New Shows + A Miniseries?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Don't you love it when there is a question mark after a headline? I know my EIC does.

Source: Deadline

Because Agents of Shield has been "so awesome," I guess Marvel figures to add more to the small screen.  Deadline is reporting that Marvel is quietly assembling a package of four new series plus a miniseries, around sixty episodes, to sell.  They may pursue Netflix, Amazon, VOD, Cable, and others to carry the shows.

This news is in addition to the Agent Carter series that Marvel is already in development on, following Cap's WW2 girlfriend, Peggy Carter.  A one-shot short was featured on the blu-ray release of Iron Man 3.  Whether this has already been offered to ABC or will be wrapped in with the other new series offerings above is unknown.

Written or Contributed by Jeremy Shane

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 9 posts

Re: Marvel Expanding TV Line-up to Add Four New Shows + A Mi

Postby HNutz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:18 pm

4 series AND a mini? This could be really, REALLY good!

Let the speculation begin! 8)

Supersoldier Washout
crash test dummy

Liked in: 1 post
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer
Formerly: Spongy McGee

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:06 pm

I think a Dr. Strange series could work pretty well.
It could be like "House" meets "Supernatural".

Actually, after I typed that, I'm reconsidering that second line.
:?

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Supersoldier Washout wrote:I think a Dr. Strange series could work pretty well.

I see nothing Wong about your suggestion.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Jump to 6:09 :P

-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 23 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:21 pm

If it's got Haley Atwell in a skirt and a low-cut blouse punching things, I'll watch it.

In fact, all shows on TV could benefit from more of this. And tigers.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:21 pm

I am actually pretty excited about the prospect of an Agent Carter series but God I hope that they learn from their mistakes with Agents of SHIELD first.

Also, I know this is an odd thing to say but it's unfortunate that Jeremy Renner isn't a little less high profile star than he is. Bro, a Hawkeye television series in the style of Fraction and Aja's Hawkeye series would be a great addition to the Marvel television universe, bro.
Last edited by Grayson on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 39 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Strict31 wrote:If it's got Haley Atwell in a skirt and a low-cut blouse punching things, I'll watch it.

In fact, all shows on TV could benefit from more of this. And tigers.

I can agree with this. :)

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 39 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Grayson wrote:I am actually pretty excited about the prospect of an Agent Carter series but God I hope that they learn from their mistakes with Agents of SHIELD first.

Also, I know this is an odd thing to say but it's unfortunate that Jeremy Renner isn't a little less high profile than he is. Bro, a Hawkeye television series in the style of Fraction and Aja's Hawkeye series would be a great addition to the Marvel television universe, bro.

:smt023

Thank you Troy for the sig

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 23 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Grayson wrote:I am actually pretty excited about the prospect of an Agent Carter series but God I hope that they learn from their mistakes with Agents of SHIELD first.

Also, I know this is an odd thing to say but it's unfortunate that Jeremy Renner isn't a little less high profile star than he is. Bro, a Hawkeye television series in the style of Fraction and Aja's Hawkeye series would be a great addition to the Marvel television universe, bro.

Unfortunate, because Arrow would likely steal any thunder(bolt) a Hawkeye series could muster. It would be good for a character like Hawkeye, who probably won't get a solo movie of his own, to have a series in which he can be developed as a full character.

And unless an Agent carter series turned out to be an ensemble cast type of show, I don't think it would suffer the same problems SHIELD is. Especially if it's a period piece.

But god, I would kill five baby cats for a Sharon Carter series with Atwell as the lead. Peggy will suffice, I suppose.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:29 pm

Since he's seen so many failed attempts on the big screen, a well done Punisher series would be great to see

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Supersoldier Washout wrote:I think a Dr. Strange series could work pretty well.

I’d rather see a big Dr. Strange movie. One of the Bloodstones could make a good Supernatural like show.

Black Knight to fill the fantasy role. And Agents of Atlas cause they’re so awesome! :-D

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Punisher on Netflix, HBO, possibly FX could be wonderful.

Heroes for Hire would right it's self! 3 main characters with a rotating cast of other "heroes" for specific missions and clients. Misty Knight much like she did in the last incarnation of the comic book would be the one that sets up all the mission and brings in the heroes for hire. Danny Rand aka Iron Fist could fund the whole operation through his company Rand Industries. Luke Cage aka Powerman, if it's got Iron Fist you gotta have Powerman, it could all be his idea as he brings all the parties together. Then the entire Marvel Universe of B, C, and D list characters are at your disposal. Need someone to steal some precious items: Black Cat, need a martial arts master: Shang Chi, etc, etc, etc. The possibilities are endless for this one.

Daredevil, superheroics meets Law and Order. Crime dramas. especially court room crime dramas have always been popular with viewing audiences, and superheroes are at the height of their popularity right now. Combining these two with a underdog hero like Daredevil that people could really get behind and root for is a no brainer. Throw in in Foggy Nelson as his comedic relief and this show should easily be a ratings success.

I like the idea of Dr Strange, House meets Supernatural but I think I really want to see Strange on the big screen instead.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Thought of another, an obscure character to be sure but Night Nurse might work as a series as well, or have a whole show featuring characters like her, Morbius, Werewolf by Night, etc. Could be a nice play for those characters and again all that magical supernatural stuff is very popular right now.

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Good ideas!

Thunderstruck wrote:Punisher on Netflix, HBO, possibly FX could be wonderful.

Heroes for Hire would right it's self! 3 main characters with a rotating cast of other "heroes" for specific missions and clients. Misty Knight much like she did in the last incarnation of the comic book would be the one that sets up all the mission and brings in the heroes for hire. Danny Rand aka Iron Fist could fund the whole operation through his company Rand Industries. Luke Cage aka Powerman, if it's got Iron Fist you gotta have Powerman, it could all be his idea as he brings all the parties together. Then the entire Marvel Universe of B, C, and D list characters are at your disposal. Need someone to steal some precious items: Black Cat, need a martial arts master: Shang Chi, etc, etc, etc. The possibilities are endless for this one.

I like this, but I'd throw in the detective agency/bodyguard angle. Have it as a modern day A-Team meets Burn Notice. They could easily build up minor characters like Prowler.

Daredevil, superheroics meets Law and Order. Crime dramas. especially court room crime dramas have always been popular with viewing audiences, and superheroes are at the height of their popularity right now. Combining these two with a underdog hero like Daredevil that people could really get behind and root for is a no brainer. Throw in in Foggy Nelson as his comedic relief and this show should easily be a ratings success.

I like the idea of Dr Strange, House meets Supernatural but I think I really want to see Strange on the big screen instead.

Me too, but I think a Dr. Strange series (or maybe call it "Strange Tales" or something) has serious potential, too. Using flashbacks like Arrow does, we could see Strange training with the Ancient One & his rivalry with Mordo. We could see heroes like Jack Russell, the Bloodstone family and even Blade appear. As for enemies, how about werewolves, vampires, Deacon Frost, Nightmare, Mordo (after a slow burn), and Dormammu (eventually)?

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum