Advertisement

Marvel is Planning an Agent Carter TV Show

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Will_Ripamonti
expert hobo killer

Liked in: 23 posts

Re: Marvel is Planning an Agent Carter TV Show

Postby Will_Ripamonti » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:54 pm

I love the idea, an Agent Carter show set during WW2 would be cool, I'd like to see more Marvel ladies kicking ass on prime time and Hayley Atwell's Carter rocks.
Captain America worked as movie because it was essentially a war movie with a superhuman mani character and a touch of sci-fi instead of just a superhero movie set during the war, a series like that should keep the same register.
Since Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is officially an expansion of the cinematic universe, an Agent Carter series could use the same treatment and take the chance to introduce and play with classic characters from the days of the War such as Masterman and Zemo Sr. or members of the Invaders like Destroyer or (if they wanna shoot a big one and if the FF cinematic rights allows it) even Namor.

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 104 posts

Postby misac » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Supersoldier Washout wrote:I could see a Sharon Carter series working.

The actress that plays Sharon is on another show so it’d be harder. I really like the idea of a show starring Peggy. She could be the first SHIELD agent.

If they got Howard Stark on the supporting cast it’d be extra cool!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 995 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:15 pm

I would definitely watch an Agent Carter series.

Juan Cena wrote:Actually, a series that juxtaposed adventures of Sharon Carter in the modern day with those of Peggy in WWII might be interesting. Especially if their missions ended up being intertwined in some way or the other.

Too bad they didn't cast Yvonne Strahovski as Sharon Carter. She would have been perfect for the role and she could have been a great bridge between Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., this project, and the movie universe.
ImageImageImage

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 524 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:42 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Actually, a series that juxtaposed adventures of Sharon Carter in the modern day with those of Peggy in WWII might be interesting. Especially if their missions ended up being intertwined in some way or the other.

I'd like to be intertwined with Atwell...

... what? Oh yeah, an Agent Carter show sounds good.
Image Image Image ImageImage

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 785 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
I could actually see Disney starting up a Marvel-centric cable network in the future.

It could be nice, but tough to get enough programing going. They would need and should do a comics originating programing channel.
Do HBO style shows with Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, etc. ... programing.

Honestly, a Punisher series with Thomas Jane would be sweet.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
It could be nice, but tough to get enough programing going. They would need and should do a comics originating programing channel.
Do HBO style shows with Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, etc. ... programing.

Honestly, a Punisher series with Thomas Jane would be sweet.

I would suspect that a Marvel Channel might round out programming (at least at first) with Disney and non-Disney owned action/SF related stuff like Lost, Star Wars, Pixar, maybe even Star Trek in the early stages. Just to attract a non-comic audience.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 785 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
I would suspect that a Marvel Channel might round out programming (at least at first) with Disney and non-Disney owned action/SF related stuff like Lost, Star Wars, Pixar, maybe even Star Trek in the early stages. Just to attract a non-comic audience.

That was called SyFy and Space here in Canada. Both suck now.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 567 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Actually, a series that juxtaposed adventures of Sharon Carter in the modern day with those of Peggy in WWII might be interesting. Especially if their missions ended up being intertwined in some way or the other.

Or they could do like Young Indiana Jones and make some episodes focusing on Sharon only, some on Peggy only and then some that feature them both in some form or fashion.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:

That was called SyFy and Space here in Canada. Both suck now.

Since Marvel will have the Star Wars license starting next year, showing Star Wars stuff would actually make sense.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 172 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:35 pm

A Marvel channel would be redundant. Disney has at least 3 channels on most service providers already.

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:50 pm

habitual wrote:A Marvel channel would be redundant. Disney has at least 3 channels on most service providers already.

Hab

Like when has that ever stopped a media conglomerate?

The Disney-Branded networks are kid and family-oriented anyhow. A Marvel channel would be aimed at an older (presumably male) audience. Though it might carry Marvel animation for daytime and early-evening programming.

- Sons of the Desert

locuas
underclassman

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby locuas » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:58 pm

bkthomson wrote:Hmm. . .I'd say if Shield is a success I could see this but I'd imagine it would be a costly production to make the World War II era costumes and sets.

Actually, i think it would be easier to produce than Doctor Who, who can go from far future, to victorian england, to 50's america all in the same season. besides, they already have costumes from the captain america movies they could use to reduce costs. that is a trick plenty of studios use. Star trek is the best example.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 172 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Like when has that ever stopped a media conglomerate?

The Disney-Branded networks are kid and family-oriented anyhow. A Marvel channel would be aimed at an older (presumably male) audience. Though it might carry Marvel animation for daytime and early-evening programming.

Totally redundant and unnecessary.

The purchase was for content, not new pipelines.

Hab

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 325 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Will_Ripamonti wrote:I love the idea, an Agent Carter show set during WW2 would be cool, I'd like to see more Marvel ladies kicking ass on prime time and Hayley Atwell's Carter rocks.
Captain America worked as movie because it was essentially a war movie with a superhuman mani character and a touch of sci-fi instead of just a superhero movie set during the war, a series like that should keep the same register.
Since Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is officially an expansion of the cinematic universe, an Agent Carter series could use the same treatment and take the chance to introduce and play with classic characters from the days of the War such as Masterman and Zemo Sr. or members of the Invaders like Destroyer or (if they wanna shoot a big one and if the FF cinematic rights allows it) even Namor.

Exactly this. Plus I would love for them to introduce other characters like Madame Hydra, Strucker, Jack Munroe, the Grand Director, Alexander Luksin and Nick Fury's father and even have Zola and the Howling Commandoes as recurring characters. .

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 325 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Marvel's last live-action TV show was "Blade" that ran for 12 episodes in 2006.
Before that was "Mutant X" that ended in 2004.

But the same could be said of Birds Of Prey, Human Target and that awful Justice League pilot in the 90s which also came and went with little notice. Granted DC has had successful shows based around the Superman and Batman franchisese and Wonder Woman incarnation with Lynda Carter in the past but not much else aside from Arrow right now. Not hating but just pointing out Marvel has more venues whereas DC and WB primarily on the same characters over and over.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum