Advertisement

Metal Gear Solid 5 announced at GDC.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1133 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 announced at GDC.

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Chris wrote:It is Big Boss. The game takes place after Peace Walker and before Metal Gear 1.

Now I'm confused, it's been a long time since I played any of the game but I don't remember Big Boss missing an arm.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Grayson wrote:
Now I'm confused, it's been a long time since I played any of the game but I don't remember Big Boss missing an arm.

I am sure that mystery will be answered. But Kojima said it's Big Boss in the game.

I'm sure in a world where human cloning, and nanomachines, and all that shit exists giving him a new arm won't be a big deal.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1133 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Chris wrote:I am sure that mystery will be answered. But Kojima said it's Big Boss in the game.

I'm sure in a world where human cloning, and nanomachines, and all that shit exists giving him a new arm won't be a big deal.

Yeah and after I made that last post, I realized it was a little silly worrying about it when Revolver Ocelot was walking around with Liquid Snake's arm surgically grafted onto his own.
ImageImageImage

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 pm

More info coming from GDC...

Ground Zeroes is the prelude to MGS V, and The Phantom Pain will be the main story. I assume that means it'll be similar to MGS3, where there will be two missions and it won't be two seperate games.

Keifer Sutherland is playing the bandaged face guy, called Ishmael.

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:18 am

Grayson wrote:
Yeah and after I made that last post, I realized it was a little silly worrying about it when Revolver Ocelot was walking around with Liquid Snake's arm surgically grafted onto his own.

yeah they got more and more out there with every game

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:32 pm

It is now confirmed that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be two seperate games.

Going back to what Kojima said last year, when Ground Zeroes was revealed.. he said it was a current-gen title, and that it was not MGS5, and that MGS 5 would be PS4/720.

SO I suppose that probably still stands true today if they're still seperate games. The wording at GDC made it sound like they might be one game, with Ground Zeroes just serving as the prelude in the same way the first mission in MGS3 was.

So Ground Zeroes on PS3/360 this year maybe?

Then MGS5: The Phantom Pain on PS4/720 next year?

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum