Thursday, November 23, 2017 • Evening Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Michael Moore's 9 Suggestions for GM

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:08 am

achilles wrote:Fair enough. 'Pologies.
LOL! You're the first person here (or anywhere online) to ever apologize! I'm touched. :smt052

cyphon

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cyphon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:09 am

That is some epic hippie liberal thinking.

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:09 am

Rob wrote:i have seen about 3 in my lifetime :lol:

Come to Boston. Suckers are everywhere. If you live in the city they make sense I get but out in small towns or burbs I don't get the point.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:11 am

Jack Burton wrote:Come to Boston. Suckers are everywhere. If you live in the city they make sense I get but out in small towns or burbs I don't get the point.
They're here in this small town/distant burb. I've always liked smaller cars (esp. Cooper Mini), but I don't think I'll be getting one any time soon.

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:11 am

achilles wrote:Are those the little tiny things that can fit in the glove compartment of a Mini Cooper? I've seen about ten of them so far, and they are the smallest cars I've ever seen. To be honest, I don't see how an average sized American man can even fit in one, let alone Moore...

Of course, I doubt we'll ever see him or Al Gore in one of those; that's only for the peons.

They are actually quite roomy inside. I'm 6'2", and my cousin's husband is probably almost 6 feet, and has a little extra wieght, and I've been in his Smart car with him and it's really roomy actually. That being said, I wouldn't feel safe in one on a major highway, or during a bad windstorm. If you get in a high-speed, major accident in one of them and you're gonna be splattered.

cyphon

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cyphon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:12 am

achilles wrote:So, a question. Is Obama, (or Pelosi), going to tell GM and Chrysler what cars they can or can't make? I ask because I someday want to get a Corvette Z06, and wonder if it will be around after this all shakes out.

Once GM is back on it's feet, the government will unload it's ownership for some sweet cash (cuz lets face it, a post-bankrupt GM is an attractive acquisition) and then they can make whatever the fuck the new Chinese owners want.

achilles

Not a Kardashian

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:14 am

cncoyle wrote:LOL! You're the first person here (or anywhere online) to ever apologize! I'm touched. :smt052

Hey, when I'm wrong I'm wrong. And I was, so it was only fair to say so. And apologize.

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:21 am

cyphon wrote:Once GM is back on it's feet, the government will unload it's ownership for some sweet cash (cuz lets face it, a post-bankrupt GM is an attractive acquisition) and then they can make whatever the fuck the new Chinese owners want.

you should buy it.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:24 am

cyphon wrote:the new Chinese owners
Didn't I hear that a Chinese company bought Hummer? What happens if China invades? We'll be driving Smart Cars (a.k.a. Tin Cans) and they'll muscle all of us off the road! :(

achilles

Not a Kardashian

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:26 am

cncoyle wrote:Didn't I hear that a Chinese company bought Hummer? What happens if China invades? We'll be driving Smart Cars (a.k.a. Tin Cans) and they'll muscle all of us off the road! :(

And you know what? It's all Ahhnold's fault! Fortunately, that sale was only the civilian versions.

cyphon

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cyphon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:29 am

Rob wrote:you should buy it.

I was thinking about it, but I kinda wanna put in a pool this summer, so I won't have enough money. Wanna go halfsies?

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:34 am

cyphon wrote:I was thinking about it, but I kinda wanna put in a pool this summer, so I won't have enough money. Wanna go halfsies?

pools are alot of work and expense. But fun.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:21 am

Aaron_W wrote:I love the idea by crazy environment wackos that we just tax gas to make it higher and shit to encourage people to buy new cars. Yeah everyone can afford to pick up a new car or pay crazy amounts for gas to get to work. In a lot of areas using public transportation isn't really much of an option. If I did it I would just end up walking more than ride any buses or trains.

Do these people lose all touch with reality when they get rich? "well move closer to your work", "well buy a new car". :roll: Yeah everyone has tons of excess cash lying around to do those things. The change in American society away from gas cars is not going to happen overnight.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here and completely don't agree with hiking up tax on gas, but it is an important point.

1. look at cigarettes. How much are they? A pack is about 3-4 times the price of a gallon and people still buy them.

2. there is a correlation between SUV sales and gas prices. As gas prices go up, SUV sales go down.

3. People are fucking stupid, which relates to point number 2. Just because gas prices go down, people think it's okay to buy a car that gets 15 miles or less to the gallon. It seems that the only time people seriously consider alternative fuels is when gas goes up.

PLease don't raise the price of gas.

Allen

Staff Writer

Postby Allen » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:29 am

achilles wrote:Are those the little tiny things that can fit in the glove compartment of a Mini Cooper? I've seen about ten of them so far, and they are the smallest cars I've ever seen. To be honest, I don't see how an average sized American man can even fit in one, let alone Moore...

Of course, I doubt we'll ever see him or Al Gore in one of those; that's only for the peons.

Well as the great environmentalist activist Oprah Winfrey said in a recent speech, it's awesome to be able to fly on a private jet.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:29 am

jsalwen wrote:I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here and completely don't agree with hiking up tax on gas, but it is an important point.

1. look at cigarettes. How much are they? A pack is about 3-4 times the price of a gallon and people still buy them.

2. there is a correlation between SUV sales and gas prices. As gas prices go up, SUV sales go down.

3. People are fucking stupid, which relates to point number 2. Just because gas prices go down, people think it's okay to buy a car that gets 15 miles or less to the gallon. It seems that the only time people seriously consider alternative fuels is when gas goes up.

PLease don't raise the price of gas.

We should be much more aggressive in raising fuel efficiency. You mean to tell me after all these years we still think cars that get 30 mpg are fuel efficient?

A lot of luxury items are more expensive than gas, Starbucks coffee is what 30 bucks a gallon? But the nation doesn't run on Starbucks. When gas was 4 bucks a gallon here I quit spending money on a lot of non-essential things, and I'm sure I wasn't alone there. Thus spending on other stuff goes down and debt goes up as people use credit cards and crap to buy gas. Its not good.

leave a comment with facebook