Advertisement

Most overrated band

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:30 am

Lord Simian wrote:I don't, but do a google search for him! I will give him this... he's a heck of a talented wrestler.

One of my ex's use to be into wrestling a lot... I mean the televison kind. kind of...

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 346 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:33 am

starlord wrote:One of my ex's use to be into wrestling a lot... I mean the televison kind. kind of...

Dude, it's ok. If we straight guys are fine with it, I think YOU can look him up. ;)

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:34 am

starlord wrote:nice face! Too much muscle though. Wouldn't turn it down, mind you, but it wouldn't be my first choice either.

Do you have a picture from behind? :P

Edit: I do love the hair, though!

I will not encourage this behavior of derailing the tread.

However I will encourage the behavior of making Starlord happy and posting picks of one of my favorite young guys in the WWE, not to mention a star of Tough Enough. I couldn't find any rear pictures, but here's some more regular ones.

NedPepper
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby NedPepper » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:00 am

john lewis wrote:On Nirvana, one of the things that helps me think their overrated is the fact that probably everyone and their brother has Nevermind and I'm sure there's a big group that's bought Unplugged but I doubt most of their supposed fans even know about Bleach, In Utero, and Incestcide.

For me to classify a band as overrated, there's one of two things they have to be; they either have to gotten "lucky" by having something effect their music careers that makes it hard to decide whether they became popular due to what happened to them or their talent (Nirvana, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix) or have a niche audience(either indie/ counter culture or mainstream) that would probably support them no matter what (Radiohead, Green Day, christian rock bands).

In Utero is so dark and dreary. I love it. And Bleach is the raw, seminal sound I associate with Nirvana.

It's the heavy tracks on Nevermind that are my favorite. Territorial Pissings might be my favorite track off that album. Kurt's punk influences shining through with a bit of heavy metal Dave Grohl style. But Smells Like Teen Spirit was their first smash hit, and while it does have that Butch Vigh polish to it, I still think it sums up Nirvana pretty well.

And I get what you mean by the niche audience. I find myself always drawn to those bands with the hardcore following. (Except Tool. I hate Tool.) Radiohead, Tori Amos, Bjork, Pixies, Decemberists, etc, etc. The argument for these bands being overrated is fair, mainly because their fans speak very loudly and loyally when it comes to them. They swear by them, (I do), but they never really reach that mainstream audience. A lot of people just kind of go, "what's the big fucking deal?"

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:02 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:I will not encourage this behavior of derailing the tread.

However I will encourage the behavior of making Starlord happy and posting picks of one of my favorite young guys in the WWE, not to mention a star of Tough Enough. I couldn't find any rear pictures, but here's some more regular ones.

Oh yeah! Real nice face! Hold on, I've got to get some kleenex. :P

Too far... ? :(

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:06 am

Hey, man, that's John Morrison, the Sultan of Sexy. ;)

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---

--Lex Luthor

John Q.
cheese

Postby John Q. » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:26 am

NedPepper wrote:In Utero is so dark and dreary. I love it. And Bleach is the raw, seminal sound I associate with Nirvana.

It's the heavy tracks on Nevermind that are my favorite. Territorial Pissings might be my favorite track off that album. Kurt's punk influences shining through with a bit of heavy metal Dave Grohl style. But Smells Like Teen Spirit was their first smash hit, and while it does have that Butch Vigh polish to it, I still think it sums up Nirvana pretty well.

In Utero is the only Nirvana album i can listen to the whole way through these days, the rest have some good songs but In Utero is their only great album.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:25 pm

John Q. wrote:In Utero is the only Nirvana album i can listen to the whole way through these days, the rest have some good songs but In Utero is their only great album.

Radio Friendly Unit Shifter, FTW.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

twoheads wrote:Radio Friendly Unit Shifter, FTW.

I swear to Kong, I think we just found Starlord's new rank in the MWO.

Ape Friendly Unit Shifter. :D

--Lex Luthor

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Wow, a lot of excellent bands mentioned. I don't think all of the stuff is necessarily overrated, you just pick what you like. I love Pearl Jam right now and have (and continue to) grow up on the Stones, Beatles, Who, U2, among others.

But here's how I think about it. I have far superior taste in music compared to most kids my age and have a better ear for music than most kids my age.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:30 am

Forbush Man wrote:Wow, a lot of excellent bands mentioned. I don't think all of the stuff is necessarily overrated, you just pick what you like. I love Pearl Jam right now and have (and continue to) grow up on the Stones, Beatles, Who, U2, among others.

But here's how I think about it. I have far superior taste in music compared to most kids my age and have a better ear for music than most kids my age.

Considering that people your age are responsible for Pete Wentz's career that's really not saying much. :wink:

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:30 am

Keb wrote:I find white boys with alpha-male complexes hate Prince and call him names like "pervert" "fag" "sissy" amongst other things.

I bet he would school them in basketball.

And make pancakes for them, afterwords.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:35 am

GLX wrote:And make pancakes for them, afterwords.

Game. Blouses.

Eric

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:13 pm

The Strokes
The Rolling Stones
Aerosmith
The Eagles
The Cure
Joy Division
The Sex Pistols
The Dave Matthews Band
Bon Jovi
REM
Coldplay
Pink Floyd
The Eagles
U2
Public Enemy
Boston
Metallica
Nirvana
Queen
Sex Pistols
Green Day

Led Zepellin

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:23 pm

Don't think I've seen anyone mention Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. They rock.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum