Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Movie Producer Admits No Backup Plan For Bad Projects

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:03 am

zryson wrote:Justice League Stunt Double Claims Zack Snyder's Cut Does Exist
https://movieweb.com/justice-league-mov ... nt-double/

Is 'Justice League' the 21th century 'Metropolis' - the classic movie that influenced generations of film-makers? :lol:
Image

This demand for a Snyder cut of Justice League is beyond ridiculous. If another cut of JL really exists, I have no doubt that it will be as bad as the "official" version - probably even worse, judging by the fact that Snyder basically killed the concept of a successful shared DC universe. Let this giant piece of turd be completely forgotten, for chrissakes.
User avatar

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:11 pm

zryson wrote:Still awaiting official confirmation but it looks like Justice League Action has been cancelled by Cartoon Network.


I don't know why anyone would put anything on Cartoon Network. Put it on Netflix where it at least has the chance to make it pass two or three seasons.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:20 pm

I hope Disney has a backup plan for Star Wars, after making the most divisive movie in SW history and the upcoming Solo movie that no one seems all that excited about, which will probably affect merchandising, etc.

SporkBot wrote:
And while I did opine on how they could've introduced Steel as an alternative to Cyborg, reading through these comments and other alternatives got my brain thinking about them, too.

I could totally see a Michael Jai White-type guy, sitting on a park bench when he's approached by a disguised Bruce Wayne (because that would be the smart way to do it). There's a back and forth, like a "do I know you" followed by Bruce insinuating that he knows he's a Marine, and now in "law-enforcement". He brings up the Parademons, looking for his help, and maybe have the guy act dumbfounded, like he should've been alerted by his "bosses". Probably toss in some take about "green tape", then finally call him "Mr. Stewart" as he walks off, planning to clear things up with the Guardians off-screen. Then he shows up later. charged up Since people love (or people love that they THINK people love) rebels, maybe imply that the Guardians were dragging their robes, so he's the only Lantern they've got at the moment.

Mr. Terrific...with a name like that, no way he'd make it into movie of Snyder's, Whedon or no Whedon. At least not with having his named changed to "Captain Badass" for the 12 year olds that think that's actually a cool name. But let's say he did...he's supposedly super-intelligent, so I could see him volunteering out of the blue, maybe catching Bats in the middle of patrol. Says he's detected the Parademons' activity, and...actually, maybe Terrific decided to form his own team, and Bats was his first pick. That'd have a fun, awkward moment when Bats tells him he's already got something of a team (at least Wondy and Flash). I was thinking T could note how he could've figured Bats' identity if he wanted, but respectfully chose not to pry, but throwing a batarang at Barry and showing up to talk to Aquaman with no disguise, he'd probably just pull his mask off and say, "hi, I'm Bruce Wayne" with a bullhorn.


I could dig it.
User avatar

senwolf

cheese

Postby senwolf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 pm

HNutz wrote:I hope Disney has a backup plan for Star Wars, after making the most divisive movie in SW history and the upcoming Solo movie that no one seems all that excited about, which will probably affect merchandising, etc.



I could dig it.


I think I am pretty much done with Star Wars. It is not that they couldn't make good movies with that universe but at this point it seems beyond both the capabilities of TPTB. Both Lucas (Prequels)and now Disney have shown that even getting Iron Man 2 or Thor TDW level of movies out of the Star Wars universe isn't likely. Too bad because I would continue to go see them if they could achieve at least that. As it is they have Snyder'ed the universe and I will probably only go see a movie that has been vetted by others that I trust.
User avatar

senwolf

cheese

Postby senwolf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:25 pm

senwolf wrote:
I think I am pretty much done with Star Wars. It is not that they couldn't make good movies with that universe but at this point it seems beyond both the capabilities of TPTB. Both Lucas (Prequels)and now Disney have shown that even getting Iron Man 2 or Thor TDW level of movies out of the Star Wars universe isn't likely. Too bad because I would continue to go see them if they could achieve at least that. As it is they have Snyder'ed the universe and I will probably only go see a movie that has been vetted by others that I trust.


Hmm, I said Snyder'ed the Star Wars universe but that might have been too harsh. They more like Highlander-ed the universe. Basically they took something with awesome potential did no long range story planning and just started shoving shit out the door only to find they had shit all over there own universe's potential.
User avatar

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:56 pm

Yeah Sen... NOTHING is worse than Snydering something.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Spacedog wrote:Is 'Justice League' the 21th century 'Metropolis' - the classic movie that influenced generations of film-makers? :lol:
Image

This demand for a Snyder cut of Justice League is beyond ridiculous. If another cut of JL really exists, I have no doubt that it will be as bad as the "official" version - probably even worse, judging by the fact that Snyder basically killed the concept of a successful shared DC universe. Let this giant piece of turd be completely forgotten, for chrissakes.


The so-called 'demand' for Snyder's version is very low and his version is very dark. But that's Snyder for you. He's just an idiotic director who should never have been hired in the first place.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm

senwolf wrote:
I think I am pretty much done with Star Wars. It is not that they couldn't make good movies with that universe but at this point it seems beyond both the capabilities of TPTB. Both Lucas (Prequels)and now Disney have shown that even getting Iron Man 2 or Thor TDW level of movies out of the Star Wars universe isn't likely. Too bad because I would continue to go see them if they could achieve at least that. As it is they have Snyder'ed the universe and I will probably only go see a movie that has been vetted by others that I trust.


The way things are heading but with toy sales down 47% over previous movies, and The Last Jedi flopping hard in China, Disney will lose $1 billion+ on The Last Jedi. Not exactly the hit the studio expected after The Force Awakens and Rogue One A Star Wars Story.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:12 pm

HNutz wrote:I hope Disney has a backup plan for Star Wars, after making the most divisive movie in SW history and the upcoming Solo movie that no one seems all that excited about, which will probably affect merchandising, etc.



I could dig it.


Merchandising sales for Star Wars have already nose-dived from the previous two Star Wars movies, and now with Solo on the way, I don't envision that movie turning things around as it has trainwreck written all over it.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:58 am

Joe Morton Opens Up About Potential Cyborg Movie (Exclusive)

Morton, who plays Cyborg's (Ray Fisher) father, Dr. Silas Stone, in 2017's Justice League, however, tells ET that a Cyborg movie is definitely a possibility.

"From what I understand, there will be a Cyborg movie. It will be about him and I, and about the family that he came from, how he becomes the Cyborg, et cetera," Morton reveals. "But from whence he came, as well."

http://www.etonline.com/joe-morton-open ... sive-94096
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:47 am

So are they making that Cybore solo movie or not? Joe Morton seems to think so, but it's not on the schedule. If they are, it will be another case of WB and DC giving the fans something they've clearly said they don't want, and then being surprised when the fans reject it.

I do agree with Morton though, there are hardly any black superheroes, barely even one. Well, except Black Lightning. And John Stewart. And Mr. Terrific. And Black Panther. And Luke Cage. And.....yeah, except for all the ones there obviously are. :roll: Most of which are better choices for a solo movie than Cybore, since he belongs in the Titans...

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:27 am

achilles wrote:So are they making that Cybore solo movie or not? Joe Morton seems to think so, but it's not on the schedule. If they are, it will be another case of WB and DC giving the fans something they've clearly said they don't want, and then being surprised when the fans reject it.

I do agree with Morton though, there are hardly any black superheroes, barely even one. Well, except Black Lightning. And John Stewart. And Mr. Terrific. And Black Panther. And Luke Cage. And.....yeah, except for all the ones there obviously are. :roll: Most of which are better choices for a solo movie than Cybore, since he belongs in the Titans...


Is Cyborg happening? No, and I dont see why Warner Bros would still want to do it after Justice League flopped hard at the box office.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:31 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:
I don't know why anyone would put anything on Cartoon Network. Put it on Netflix where it at least has the chance to make it pass two or three seasons.


Because it's a cartoon primarily aimed at children and young teenagers between the ages of 7 to 15.
Cartoon Network is also a subsidiary of Time-Warner.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:55 am

'Flash' Movie to Be Directed by 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Screenwriters
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... rs-1066385

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 pm

There are howls of protests among some DC fans today as Wonder Woman has been snubbed for any Oscar nominations. But its nice to see that common sense does reign occasionally.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 41 guests

cron