Sunday, December 9, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Movie Producer Admits No Backup Plan For Bad Projects

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:53 pm

OneWhoIsAll wrote:Mary Jane was the one who made the deal via whispered in the Devils ear. Not Peter.

Nnnnooooo, she whispered something ambiguous in Mephisto's ear (which Quesada later showed was...nothing vital, just insisting that he let Peter be happy, which was kind of the antithesis of what the villain was going for so...well, Quesada's a bad writer). It all hinged on Peter agreeing, and in the end he did.

In any event...Quesada is in idiot.

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:57 pm

SporkBot wrote:
Nnnnooooo, she whispered something ambiguous in Mephisto's ear (which Quesada later showed was...nothing vital, just insisting that he let Peter be happy, which was kind of the antithesis of what the villain was going for so...well, Quesada's a bad writer). It all hinged on Peter agreeing, and in the end he did.

In any event...Quesada is in idiot.

Ohhhhhhh that's right. I must have block most of that out of my memory brain.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:46 pm

OneWhoIsAll wrote:

That would be your sanity doing its job.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:47 am

Yes Warner Bros deserves half of the blame but the other half is Zack Snyder. He should have been fired long before Justice League but the studio stuck with him, was horrified at his unwatchable first cut of Justice League and the movie, even with Whedon injecting up to 30% new footage, failed miserably with fans and critics.

'Justice League' Was A Sad Failure In Studio Leadership

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes ... 1165f25e5d

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:59 am

Hughes is also wrong about his idea of delaying Justice League. There were several reasons why this was not going to happen, the first being Warner Bros had already spent millions of dollars filming Justice League (Warner Bros spent $350+ million which includes marketing and promotion). The latter part is important. Films like Justice League are worked out to deliver on a tight schedule with the ensuing mass promotion, so if JL did not deliver on time it would have resulted in massive lawsuits by the various manufacturers who were associated with pumping stores of Justice League merchandise.

Another factor is that the damage to the DC brand had already happened prior to Justice League. The CEO of Warner Bros had worried about this with the massive critical fallout to Batman v Superman (which despite starring the DC Trinity could not top $1 billion dollars - fizzling out at $873 million). Some critics seem to think more footage would have saved Justice League. I doubt it. Batman v Superman demonstrated this - it was overlong and a bloated ugly mess. And it was directed by Zack Snyder who was out of his depth. Simply put, its Snyder who deserves a lot of the blame for the failure of the DC movies and Warner Bros finally realizing he was a wrong fit for their studio, fired him during Justice League resulting in Whedon replacing him and trying to salvage the mess that was Justice League.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:56 am

I expect Aquaman to flop because Jason Momoa is a terrible actor. Sure he has muscles to die for but acting? Forget about it. He just lumbers on the screen like a piece of wood with zero chemistry.

Early Aquaman Test Screenings Reportedly Drew Negative Reviews
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/aqua ... ie-review/

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:07 pm

OneWhoIsAll wrote:

The funny thing is that even before Quesada, Marvel had always been trying to undermine the marriage as they believe having a single Peter Parker who was stuck in a second childhood is more interesting than a Peter who had settled down and showed character growth. That's one of the main reasons they had the rehash of that much-maligned Clone Saga in the 90's in which they turned around and made Ben Reilly the "real Spiderman" until that blew up in their faces.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:29 am

They can add all the footage they want but Aquaman is just going to be another badly acted CGI-fest that sinks below the waves.

Aquaman’s Dolph Lundgren Confirms Additional Photography
https://screenrant.com/aquaman-movie-ad ... -lundgren/

Aquaman director James Wan takes the blame for late teaser trailer
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/aquaman-di ... er-trailer

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:33 am

Suicide Squad director David Ayer reveals what happened to Joker after his helicopter crashed

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/suicide-sq ... helicopter

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:48 am

Sales figures for the Justice League DVD are way down when compared to the previous Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Now some Snyder fans would have the public believe that its because of the boycott they called for in the wake of Snyder's firing but I think it has more to do with Justice League being a poor movie with lots of flawed characterization and crappy CGI (which look like something out of an 80s video game). Also apparently Warner Bros are holding off on releasing a trailer for Aquaman because they want to put as much distance between it and Justice League as possible but again, I think Aquaman will be affected by Justice League's critical and box office fallout.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:54 am

Speaking of Aqua-Momoa, Comic Fade Magazine which is released 6th April will have an exclusive feature on the Aquaman movie. This is the movie Warner Bros are hoping will turn the tide on their DC-universe.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:43 pm

Test screenings have not gone well - apparently the problem is lack of chemistry between the actors (where have I heard that before? Oh yeah - throughout the other movies Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and Justice League.) Aquaman does have some great action scenes but will that be enough to save it from sinking at the box office? I doubt it because Momoa isn't a good actor. He broods well, but in terms of acting? Nope.

‘Justice League’ Director Zack Snyder Excited For James Wan’s ‘Aquaman’
https://heroichollywood.com/justice-lea ... n-aquaman/

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:14 am

Batman: The Enemy Within Finally Makes the Joker Interesting Again
https://www.gq.com/story/batman-the-enemy-within

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:59 am

Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Justice League provide a valuable lesson for studios and filmmakers looking to dabble into superhero shared cinematic universes. You can't just pile a lot of characters in a film and hope it will be a success - even when you have well-known intellectual properties like Batman and Superman.

It takes time, hard work... and respect for comic book stories published through decades (something that was thoroughly ignored by Snyder, Tsujihara and Johns).

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Zack Snyder And Ray Fisher Hint At Justice League Director’s Cut
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/zack ... ctors-cut/

leave a comment with facebook